Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4474 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Ended up not working the plate.

Did you wear it anyway?

According to those in the know, noone would know. Lol
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Yea, that original $279 post-rollout regular price was absolutely ridiculous....I can't imagine they'd ever break $199 again. The market for pro-level chest protectors simply isn't that big.

Im betting it will be $159 soon....................equal to the higher end WV products.......

Posted

Yea, that original $279 post-rollout regular price was absolutely ridiculous

If I'm paying $279 for a CP it better be calling balls and strikes for me.

Posted

Dammit! I bought 2 jackets and a pair of gloves YESTERDAY. Now I learn I could have bought the UE. My gear budget is drained. *#%$+&!!!!!!! I would have ordered the cp instead.

Posted

Dammit! I bought 2 jackets and a pair of gloves YESTERDAY. Now I learn I could have bought the UE. My gear budget is drained. *#%$+&!!!!!!! I would have ordered the cp instead.

:smachhead::hopmad::big_no:violin: :(

Posted

Dammit! I bought 2 jackets and a pair of gloves YESTERDAY. Now I learn I could have bought the UE. My gear budget is drained. *#%$+&!!!!!!! I would have ordered the cp instead.

:smachhead::hopmad::big_no:violin::(

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^
  • 1 year later...
Posted

So after 2 years? Where do people stand on this protector?

Well, I love mine.

Posted

So after 2 years? Where do people stand on this protector?

I love mine, I've worn it for 11 months now. The only changes I've made was adding velcro so my rite temp pad wouldn't slip, the allstar delta flex harness which has been on it since I've owned the CP that I took from my WVG but I did make it as tight as it can go for the rite temp pads, I removed the removable collarbone pad so that I would have the main "plate" of the CP protecting my collar bone.

  • Like 1
Posted

I have worn mine for all of 6 games and I absolutely love mine. I havent made any adjustments to mine yet. But I think I am going to invest in the Delta Flex Harness everyone is raving about.

Posted

Had mine for 3 weeks, have yet to work the plate. Not only is it a ball repellant it's also a plate job repellant.

Posted

Had mine for 3 weeks, have yet to work the plate. Not only is it a ball repellant it's also a plate job repellant.

I rarley work the bases, all my 10U travel and 10U rec ball are single umpire games which make up 75% of my schedule 25% is 12U travel which is 40/60 with me working the majority of 12U on the bases, rarley are my games not plate assignments which I love because new gear gets a game quickly,
Posted

Well it appears I was wrong and the unequal chest protector is not a passing fad, well ill admit I was wrong

 

If sales were high and reviews were great, not sure if they'd need to chop off $100 off the price.  To balance the conversation, I know a handful of guys that won't go near it after they tried it on and tested it.  

 

The best I've heard it described by a couple guys (here on the site and from a guy I know who has it) is that you can feel the ball hit you - certainly more so than a Wilson - but it doesn't hurt.  You trade off bulk for a feeling of something like a punch from a kid.

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Well it appears I was wrong and the unequal chest protector is not a passing fad, well ill admit I was wrong

 

If sales were high and reviews were great, not sure if they'd need to chop off $100 off the price.  To balance the conversation, I know a handful of guys that won't go near it after they tried it on and tested it.  

 

The best I've heard it described by a couple guys (here on the site and from a guy I know who has it) is that you can feel the ball hit you - certainly more so than a Wilson - but it doesn't hurt.  You trade off bulk for a feeling of something like a punch from a kid.

 

I have yet to meet somebody who owns one and says anything negative about their's. 

Posted

Do any pro guys wear it?

Not sure. I am not a Pro Guy. If I was, I am sure I would have 5 or 6 different CP's to try out and use the one I like best. In this case, I have to buy one, see if I like it, and if I don't like, I have to try and sell it and buy another one. 

×
×
  • Create New...