Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3848 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

If these CPs are really ball repellents I could use one for tonight. Im heading to a HS game tonight where never, no tone time, have I had a catcher who even tried, and unfortunately I have the dish.

Wow, even in NC?

Up here kids don't want to play baseball anymore, so the catchers are non-existent.

Did cage work between two college D3 teams; one used a catcher that had never, ever caught before. My partner doing the dish that inning took three brutal shots...the HC came running over to apologize, but that's all he had.

He should have got behind the mound! :fuel:

Oh yeah, Jeff. :crazy:  You are so right. That would be so much REALER than those fake- :censored: batting cage shots that I took. Everybody knows fouls speed up off of the bat. 

Don't give me the crazy face you're the one who stood in front of a pitching machine..lol

And for Christ's sake relax because I am NOT saying that your test wasn't valid. Did I say that your test was fake or doesn't count for some reason? Answer: No!

I would simply like to see a report from a good hit in a real game situation nothing more nothing less. I just do not understand why you guys get all worked up about a simple question.

Trust me I am not the only guy on this board who wants to see the same thing that I do....

Jeeez ....... you guys act like I made some major insult to a family member of yours or something :shakehead:

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Oh yeah, Jeff. :crazy:  You are so right. That would be so much REALER than those fake- :censored: batting cage shots that I took. Everybody knows fouls speed up off of the bat. 

Don't give me the crazy face you're the one who stood in front of a pitching machine..lol

And for Christ's sake relax because I am NOT saying that your test wasn't valid. Did I say that your test was fake or doesn't count for some reason? Answer: No!

I would simply like to see a report from a good hit in a real game situation nothing more nothing less. I just do not understand why you guys get all worked up about a simple question.

Trust me I am not the only guy on this board who wants to see the same thing that I do....

Jeeez ....... you guys act like I made some major insult to a family member of yours or something:wacko:

Man, I wish I could take a shot also. I swear I haven't and I don't know anybody who has. Unless you count one in a batting cage, which we all know is fake and photo shopped.Ha

Jeeez ....... you guys act like I made some major insult to a family member of yours or something:wacko:

Man, I wish I could take a shot also. I swear I haven't and I don't know anybody who has. Unless you count one in a batting cage, which we all know is fake and photo shopped.Ha

Be careful umpstu, ...they'll go crazy on you man!!  :HS

Be careful umpstu, ...they'll go crazy on you man!!  :HS

LMFAO

I wish somebody would break his collarbone wearing an Unequal so I can trash the CP like I have been waiting to do. Then I won't feel so bad about buying Joe West all that Kobe beef just so I can get hit in the gap between my plastic plates. But hey, a million other guys with MLB logos can't be wrong. Right? As for motoump, he got hit 6 times in ten minutes with 85mph, but he didn't get hurt so I will pretend I'm still reserving judgement. Has anybody even REALLY been hit, in a REAL game?  :Horse:

• Like 1

I wish somebody would break his collarbone wearing an Unequal so I can trash the CP like I have been waiting to do. Then I won't feel so bad about buying Joe West all that Kobe beef just so I can get hit in the gap between my plastic plates. But hey, a million other guys with MLB logos can't be wrong. Right? As for motoump, he got hit 6 times in ten minutes with 85mph, but he didn't get hurt so I will pretend I'm still reserving judgement. Has anybody even REALLY been hit, in a REAL game?  :Horse:

No kidding.

I saw my first UE. It was more solid than I imagined. I like the profile of it.

I will say the one I saw must have been defective in some way. The owner of this one claims to have been hit while wearing it. Said he felt the pressure but, didn't "feel" it.

I saw my first UE. It was more solid than I imagined. I like the profile of it.

I will say the one I saw must have been defective in some way. The owner of this one claims to have been hit while wearing it. Said he felt the pressure but, didn't "feel" it.

Probably just making it up. Both my partner and I have them and worked a dh today. Were we hit in the chest protector? NO. Because the force was with us.

Apparently the unequal's force powers have to balance out because I feel like I'm taking every shot you guys should've had to my diamond ix3. 5 Monday night and 6 in a JV last night. Freaking ball MAGNET. Those were just hits to the chest protector, not counting 3 to the foot last night and 5 to the shins between the two nights. Having said that, I highly recommend 3n2's plate shoes and diamond's shin guards and the Wilson Shock. Walking advertisement with no bruises.

• Like 1

Apparently the unequal's force powers have to balance out because I feel like I'm taking every shot you guys should've had to my diamond ix3. 5 Monday night and 6 in a JV last night. Freaking ball MAGNET. Those were just hits to the chest protector, not counting 3 to the foot last night and 5 to the shins between the two nights. Having said that, I highly recommend 3n2's plate shoes and diamond's shin guards and the Wilson Shock. Walking advertisement with no bruises.

You drop the coin for a Shock FX but you rock an iX3?

• Like 3

I had a middle school game last night, they must have been using Unequal bats because the ball wasn't hitting them either... :fuel:

And tldavis19, glad you like your iX3 but I'd seriously consider an upgrade (and I started out with an iX3 so I am not bashing it) while you are still a "walking" advertisement.  It's just a matter of time until you take a shot with that on and you will feel it.  And it will hurt.

• Like 2

You drop the coin for a Shock FX but you rock an iX3?

o yes, i rock that  :censored:  :rock  :sarcasm:

I'm just waiting to get paid then i'll be placing my order for a P210

Hey, I finally got hit.  Sweet!!  I can definitely attest to the "Use the Force3, Luke!" ball repellant characteristics of the chest protector.  7 high school games and nothing.  I even had one J.V. game where the catchers on both teams were so bad that balls I was calling strikes were passing untouched to the backstop--and my zone gets criticized routinely as not being wide enough.  My partner asked incredulously after the game how it was possible that I didn't get hit (anywhere).  The Force3 was with me.  That's all I needed.  I was getting so confident, I thought about going without the Nutty Buddy.  Why?  I didn't need it, I had the Force3 with me.  Game 8 I simply forgot to not put on the Nutty, and took an a good "umpire tip" sharp and direct to the sternum.  It felt like a slap on my protector.  I could actually feel the force of the impact dissipate laterally (just like the brochure says).  No pain.  No concern whatsoever.  It sounded different than my Platinum and felt different as well, but it's hard to describe.  The Platinum takes shots like a shin guard (as long as they're not lower rib shots)--you feel the point of the impact, but the ball simply bounces back.  The Unequal just felt like a "slap" as the impact was felt over a wider area, and I couldn't honestly tell you exactly where it was because the impact was spread out over my sternum.  I'm stoked to get hit again.  I can't wait.  What I really like is how far down my abdomen the protector goes with all the velcro plates attached.  I feel very secure.  So confident was I that I sold my Platinum to a guy I work Little League Juniors games with for $40 (he was using one of those soft-soft shells that's basically a catcher's protector with shoulder plates).  Two big thumbs up on the Unequal from me.

• Like 2

Hey, I finally got hit.  Sweet!!  I can definitely attest to the "Use the Force3, Luke!" ball repellant characteristics of the chest protector.  7 high school games and nothing.  I even had one J.V. game where the catchers on both teams were so bad that balls I was calling strikes were passing untouched to the backstop--and my zone gets criticized routinely as not being wide enough.  My partner asked incredulously after the game how it was possible that I didn't get hit (anywhere).  The Force3 was with me.  That's all I needed.  I was getting so confident, I thought about going without the Nutty Buddy.  Why?  I didn't need it, I had the Force3 with me.  Game 8 I simply forgot to not put on the Nutty, and took an a good "umpire tip" sharp and direct to the sternum.  It felt like a slap on my protector.  I could actually feel the force of the impact dissipate laterally (just like the brochure says).  No pain.  No concern whatsoever.  It sounded different than my Platinum and felt different as well, but it's hard to describe.  The Platinum takes shots like a shin guard (as long as they're not lower rib shots)--you feel the point of the impact, but the ball simply bounces back.  The Unequal just felt like a "slap" as the impact was felt over a wider area, and I couldn't honestly tell you exactly where it was because the impact was spread out over my sternum.  I'm stoked to get hit again.  I can't wait.  What I really like is how far down my abdomen the protector goes with all the velcro plates attached.  I feel very secure.  So confident was I that I sold my Platinum to a guy I work Little League Juniors games with for $40 (he was using one of those soft-soft shells that's basically a catcher's protector with shoulder plates).  Two big thumbs up on the Unequal from me.

As a fellow force 3 owner, I will pretend I didn't hear you say that  you were hit while wearing the force 3. Perhaps you wore the platinum one last time and didn't realize you didn't have on the force 3.

but has anyone REALLY been hit? I wonder if the Force3 will work???

Well, ...what do you know ..... BalkHawk being smarta$$ ....BIG surprise! :jerkit:

So, we do have an actual GAME hit with the Unequal, and it correlates with BalkHawk's batting cage test.   Hey Recontra, did it leave red marks like BalkHawk's tests?  And, just out of curiosity, what level game was this?

BalkHawk, you have comprehension problems:  I never said this CP wouldn't work, I PERSONALLY stated my opinion that I (me, my PERSONAL opinion) wouldn't be comfortable wearing it.  That's my prerogative.  It doesn't matter how much I say it, or reiterate it, ... someone is going to get their balls in an uproar about it :shakehead:

Maybe I can get with Warren and see if we can start a new forum rule that states that no personal opinions are allowed on this site anymore ......... :censored::bang::TD::crazy:

5A junior varsity.  Probably no more than low 80's.  But it was hard enough that one of the managers asked if I was o.k.  It was also louder than a Platinum shot (which obviously made me feel tough).  No red mark.  No nothing.  I felt really nothing at all other than a loud slap to the protector--curious thing is that the ball dropped straight down as opposed to rebounding back toward the pitcher which happens a lot with the Platinum.  My confidence comes from knowing that if I felt basically nothing at 80, I'll be perfectly protected up to at least 85-90 (which honestly I'm not going to be facing).  I love this CP.  It fits tight, is flexible, and allows me to get up the lines easier.  Now I'd like to get some lighter weight shin guards (I have the West Golds--black--absolutely bullet proof, but bulky in a Gumby sort of way--I will eventually get up and set at that 45 on a grounder, I will, I will--and when I finally do, all I can say is that 1st baseman better damn well have pulled his foot).

• Like 1