Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4135 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hello to all! Hope this find you all doing well and enjoying your season. My shin guards have completely rusted out at the buckle and broke the strap, thus making them practically useless. LOL! So, I thought I would jump on here and see if anyone had any decent guards that they would like to sell. Ive got a growing family at home who eats like a barn full of thoroughbreds. So, I'm on a budget at the moment. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just a quality pair to keep my bird legs safe with a little life left in them. Lol. I would like the single knee style instead of the style that fits around your thigh.  Thanks for your time and thanks for looking. PM me if you got anything. Thanks!

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

https://www.ump-attire.com/Baseball-Umpire-Equipment/Gear-Footwear/Shin-Guards/F3-LG_Force3-Ultimate-Umpire-Shin-Guards

Posted

Yes, as @Big_Mac14 points out (and I reviewed over here), the best shinguards to get are the Force3 Ultimate Shinguards. They'll be the last shinguards you potentially ever buy.

But, you said the "B"-word (no, not Balk), and thus, these come to mind:
http://baseball.epicsports.com/prod/8091/champro-single-knee-umpire-leg-guards-cg08.html
​and
http://baseball.epicsports.com/prod/14854/diamond-dlg-ump-lite-series-umpire-leg-guards.html
and
http://www.pluspos.com/baseball-umpire-equipment/leg-guards/bb313

The Champros are good. The Diamond DLG's have the removable metatarsal guard, and have snap-closure hardware. The +POS BB313's have the patella plate (which is very good to have).

Posted

I'm with Max on the Diamond DLG. I sold off some much pricier LGs and went with the DLGs. The protection is good from what I can tell in limited action. They are very lightweight and allow for excellent mobility. 

Posted

I would recommend the Honigs K2010. They are around $60. They come in 5 sizes. They buckles are plastic and won't rust. The padding is removable and washable. They are not low profile but they are 100% bullet proof. 

Posted

I have a pair of old wilsons that I'd sell for shipping+ $.01 they are a little beaten up but if your just looking for something to get by they might suit you. If your looking for something that will last and you will love all the suggestions above are better options. 

Posted

I am selling some Wilson Platnium shin guards.  Used for only 2 seasons, but in great shape.  Take a look at my thread.  Asking  $65.00 but can negotiate. 

Posted

I have some diamond DLG's or bauer hockey style shins I'd pretty much give to you for the cost of shipping, they are never worn anymore due to me getting some of the unequal shins.

They are both in good shape.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I have the diamond ix3 SGLVQG. I have the double ones. Paid 45 dollars brand from epic sports. Best SG I have ever bought. The ones you want diamond has those also for 34 dollars on epic sports Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk


×
×
  • Create New...