Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5267 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

All that is probably true Mike but the announcers were all over him saying it was up. Not even close to being up.

Yes I agree, pitch was not high. I need to remember to watch these clips with an umpire's eye sometimes :)

Posted

Love the talking head making this the umpire's fault. He "came out to say his piece...." Yep, and by doing that he was gone.

Posted

I think the pitch could have been a tad high... especially in a major league zone. But still was close enough to get. Saw the highlights for this game on MLB Network and from what I understand Washington said something while he walked away and got dumped. However I have yet to see a highlight showing anything between Washington coming out and going face to face with Bellino after the EJ.

Its funny how some stuff just doesnt get into the videos.

Posted

I think may have been up for MBL zone. The bad thing was how he got dumped. Washington was walking away Bellino seemed to try and continue it. Was not clear if Washington said something as he turned but looked bad and made it look like Bellino was going after him to get the EJ.

Posted

Is there another video for this, because the one I watched does not show Washington walking away, just the announcers saying he was. If he was walking away, who knows what he said to warrant the EJ? I would think Bellino is "not looking" to dump Washington, which leads me to believe he uttered something he should not have, walking away or not.

Regarding the pitch - not having watched the game, was that a strike all game? It looked to me to be in the upper limit of what is typically called, but also looked like a strike. Swing the damn bat.

Posted

I see this pitch balled a lot more than called a strike at the MLB level. Even at the college level, I'm unlikely to ring a guy up on this pitch. That being said, I'm a Bellino fan and I have called that pitch a strike before and after I do, I usually regret it.

YMMV

Posted

I watched this live, espn's k zone showed it I believe right on the line of up and out. He seemed to have a large zone all night.


×
×
  • Create New...