Best cup (privates protection) ‘system’

aaluck

Okay guys. I use a cup only behind the plate, never on the field. As most of us when I first started I had a junk whatever for the youth ball,I was doing and it worked fine. As I moved into bigger kids and high school I ultimately settled on the nutty buddy, which I love for the most-part. I use the jock, which is made by battle I believe. It has no pocket and the cup just slips between my shorts and the jock.  The problem I have with that setup is 1) I hate having to completely undress to take the jock off between games; and 2) I have to constantly push the cup down as I get set. To me the BEST system would be a loose cup pocket inside semi-tight compression shorts…a cup on the plate and comfortable shorts in the field and no undressing between games—haven’t found anything like that. 

so my question is… what does everyone use here?   Is there a good solution with compression shorts that hold the cup correctly AND are comfortable in the field? Has anyone found a jock-type system that is comfortable in the field and plate?

id love any and input from everyone as to what you find works the best for you. Want to make a change this year if I can find something better

16 minutes ago, aaluck said:

Okay guys. I use a cup only behind the plate, never on the field. As most of us when I first started I had a junk whatever for the youth ball,I was doing and it worked fine. As I moved into bigger kids and high school I ultimately settled on the nutty buddy, which I love for the most-part. I use the jock, which is made by battle I believe. It has no pocket and the cup just slips between my shorts and the jock.  The problem I have with that setup is 1) I hate having to completely undress to take the jock off between games; and 2) I have to constantly push the cup down as I get set. To me the BEST system would be a loose cup pocket inside semi-tight compression shorts…a cup on the plate and comfortable shorts in the field and no undressing between games—haven’t found anything like that. 

so my question is… what does everyone use here?   Is there a good solution with compression shorts that hold the cup correctly AND are comfortable in the field? Has anyone found a jock-type system that is comfortable in the field and plate?

id love any and input from everyone as to what you find works the best for you. Want to make a change this year if I can find something better

The Btl compression shorts and tights are the only thing I wear.  I use them with a banana cup. McDavid used to make tights with a floating cup pocket but do so no longer.  These by BTL are really good and so are my dealings with this company.

https://www.btlofficialsgear.com/product-category/baseball-softball/baseball-softball-compression-gear-undergarments/

The system is ....... sport specific boxer brief underwear (I like Adidas Climacool) .... Nutty Buddy, jock, then tights.  I never ( VERY RARELY) have to adjust the cup, and there's no reason to get totally undressed between games, ... reach down and slip the cup out from under the jock.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

The system is ....... sport specific boxer brief underwear (I like Adidas Climacool) .... Nutty Buttddy, jock, then tights.  I never ( VERY RARELY) have to adjust the cup, and there's no reason to get totally undressed between games, ... reach down and slip the cup out from under the jock.

That's exactly what I use. None of that "floating" stuff for me. I want to know where my cup is, and not have it wandering around down there. 

I use cotton boxers hanes comfort soft I believe is what they are, admittedly they are a little warm but they are doable for me.

then over that  the shock doctor and that carbon fiber cup combo

works great for me. 

I tried one compression short combo once found when I squat down into position the cup would pull out away from my body and leave me exposed completely.  one game never again..

The Diamond MMA cup & jock is top-notch gear!  The cup doesn't move all game and you can ever wear it on the bases.  It's very comfortable for a cup.  I will say you "feel" it a bit more than the nutty buddy when you get hit though.  It doesn't hurt, just more pressure on the inside of your thighs on impact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kylejt said:

That's exactly what I use. None of that "floating" stuff for me. I want to know where my cup is, and not have it wandering around down there. 

Tell you what.  I've used tights with a floating cup since 1995 and have yet to have my kaballos exposed.  Been protected on each pitch.  When you squat down that pocket stays against you.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ArchAngel72 said:

slight off topic but anyone try their loose boxers?  saxx that is they seem "cheaper" as they are on sale and I personally like my boxers "looser"

https://www.saxxunderwear.com/collections/loose-fit-boxers

well ......FOR ME, ...not if you're going to have a jock/cup over top of them ....   I want something smooth and more close fitting to prevent "binding" of the fabric (but that's just me)

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

well ......FOR ME, ...not if you're going to have a jock/cup over top of them ....   I want something smooth and more close fitting to prevent "binding" of the fabric (but that's just me)

Jockey makes a "sports" boxer/brief, with lots of little ventilation holes them. My "go to". Top it with the Nutty Buddy, a single layer jock strap (no need for the NB two layer pocket) then tights. For me, it's a perfect solution. 

https://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/mens-jockey-2pk-athletic-rapidcool-performance-boxer-briefs/129462.htm

I got mine at Target. 

17 hours ago, Thatsnotyou said:

I’m sure they are great, but man, I don’t know if I’m up for spending $200 for a week’s worth of underwear. 

I thought the same when my brother told me about them. Now ... it's a small price to pay for all-day comfort.

3 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Well I am just the opposite then as I do not want the constriction so tight. I need the boys to breathe and relax not be snugged up against me like a pig in a blanket 

I hear you on that binding of fabric. I run the jock over the boxers and I pull everything smooth before zipping up. It usually works out well but yeah If you have not manscapped there can be some pulling of hair. 

but there again this is me .. and how I run it.

Due to the prolific amount of heat here in the southwest, if you’re working Plate, you’re in a constant struggle to balance effective layers for “securement” & protection, and effective heat & sweat management. 

So, I’ve found the thinnest, best “foundation” layer is the Nike DRIFit boxer brief. I can wear this for an entire day of games, both Plate & Base, and don’t have to run the risk of gettin’ nekkid in the parking lot at tournament venues. Then, I have several Nike Pro Combat baseball sliders w/ floating cup pocket. These provide the necessary compression and securement of the personal protector. I do some 140+ Plates per year, and the cup doesn’t go anywhere while working and dashing down the lines. Within the last two years, I’ve added the All-Star catcher’s sliders with thigh protection, and while I do favor them for that thigh protection, they’re not my preferred set to wear because the cup pocket is a bit too generous. 

The personal protector itself is a Shock Doctor Carbon Flex. It’s worked splendidly… or at least as splendidly as can be when getting hit in the plums. I used to be a NuttyBuddy endorser until I met the guy who started the company. When he heard my feedback regarding the NB model I was using, he said, “You really should get our new Flex model!” I replied that I likely would, considering that the one I had was experiencing separation between the hard shell body of the unit and the silicone edge of it, and when hit, it really digs in and hurts. Instead of giving me a new one, or at least a super-secret-special discount code, he merely trundled off with a “Just hit the website and order!” 

What a d!€ꓘ move.

So, I ordered a Shock Doctor that night and haven’t considered anything else.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:04 AM, kylejt said:

I want to know where my cup is, and not have it wandering around down there. 

Is this, like, a pet or something? Need a collar? Or an electric fence? 

Wandering, you say?

On 12/14/2021 at 10:41 AM, umpstu said:

I've used tights with a floating cup since 1995 and have yet to have my kaballos exposed. 

“Kaballos”? How do you pronounce that?

On 12/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, wolfe_man said:

The Diamond MMA cup & jock is top-notch gear!  The cup doesn't move all game and you can ever wear it on the bases.  It's very comfortable for a cup.  I will say you "feel" it a bit more than the nutty buddy when you get hit though.  It doesn't hurt, just more pressure on the inside of your thighs on impact.

Anyone saying NB still, just has never had the pleasure of the Diamond. Since I switched, I've never felt one shot at all. Foul balls straight off the bat, you don't even notice.

4 hours ago, udbrky said:

Anyone saying NB still, just has never had the pleasure of the Diamond. Since I switched, I've never felt one shot at all. Foul balls straight off the bat, you don't even notice.

I would say the same thing about the shock DR carbon flex. 

Only issue I ever had was a ball that "grazed" the bottom at an odd angle and actually pushed the cup "UP"    I felt that one. But I suspect It would have happened to any jock/cup brand too just the oddity of the deflection

other than that I get wacked and I am more shocked about not feeling anything than feeling like I took a hit. 

Its funny I take chest shots and act like nothing happened but a strike to the cup and my head ( the large one on my shoulders )  panics and starts doing a system check.  only to realize after Hey you are OK  relax

• Like 2