Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4691 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got a question for anyone that has these pants. Especially in the plate pant cut.

Have any of you guys run into sizing problems with these (and I dont mean in the waist area)? I bought a pair last season hoping to find an alternative to Honigs. I discovered that my WV Pro shin guards were showing through at the knee/lower thigh and have been told I look like I am wearing combo pants. Note:I have never owned a pair in my life.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I will be buying a new pair or two of the Honigs this year so that I dont have this issue and am currently working to deal my beloved WVs so that I do not run into this problem again.

Thanks for the input.

Posted

Are you talking about  regular Honigs plate pants? My buddy had the same problem and he was wearing regular Honigs plate pants, Got the PW's and had no problem.

Posted

No, I only buy polywools now. (Have an older pair of heather gray pants from Honigs that I wear for low level ball.) The pants I had issues with were Ump-Attire polywools. They were made by Hardwicks, who also do Honigs' pants, but have the "expander" waistband. They fit strange over the lower thigh and made my the upper part of my shin guards stick through.

Posted

I have 3 pair of UA PW's and they are just like the Honigs except for the waistband of course.

Posted

I've never run into that issue with my UA Poly Wools or my Honigs Poly Wools. Maybe you just got a lemon that was cut incorrectly. I would use this as an excuse to send the WV Pros to TW and have a retrofit done. Slim up the shin guards a bit so you don't run into the problem again and then you can use the pants that you've had problems with for lower level ball and get some new Poly Wools for the spring. I definitely wouldn't ditch the WV Pros though. By far the best shin guard I have ever used. So good that I have 2 pair now. 

Posted

LOL. Guess the next question is, how much is the retrofit?

I figured I got a wonky pair of the pants since I never had an issue with the Honigs pants. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Slowly but surely I am leaning back towards not trading away my shin guards. Will have to wait and see as the season approaches.

Posted

BT, 

   The best luck I have had was while trying to acquire some Fecheimers.  I think the tags on the ones you get from Smitty's say something like "STAR CROSS" or "CRISS CROSS", I don't remember.  My contention with most pants was due to my thighs.  I used to lift a little when stationed in Japan and was up to 560 on my squats.  So take a pair of legs like tree trunks, strap on some leg guards and they show through most pants anyway.  I wear combos on the bases and the aforementioned plate pants for desired results.

Posted

FYI... guess which pants on now on Honigs web site for sale.....The expander pants

 

I don't see them on there.

Posted

I don't know exactly what TW is charging for shinguard retrofits right now but it's probably somewhere in the $100-$115 range. Which sounds crazy until you try it. Think of it as buying a replacement pair of shin guards that you were going to buy already only now they will last longer, be more protective, lower profile, and look better.

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...