Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3558 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Well I will be the first to volunteer to take one for the team. When mine comes in, I will have a friend take my golf club/baseball tester to me (yes kylejt, I made one after reading about yours). And I will report back what I think. I have no qualms about telling the truth (especially since I have already been told I can return it if I hate it).

I was a "test pilot" for the All Star CPU-4000. I was never in doubt about my safety or it's ability to protect me. That being said, I will stand on the side lines and wait to see how this new design works. Best of luck.

I can't believe this is better than a gold or platinum. I have a question though... If this kevlar is better than plastic, why aren't the shoulder caps made of kevlar? They're clearly plastic which is what I want for deflection and spreading of the energy involved with each shot. My platinum and gold will take a chest shot and send it up the line. Ask anyone that's worn a kevlar vest and taken any caliber bullet and they'll tell you that it knocks the wind out of them. Personally not for me.

You all are also comparing a bullet the size of a pen cap vs. a baseball. Small projectile moving at the speed of sound hitting a pin point directs a lot of pressure and of course will hurt like hell and knock the air out of you. But a baseball, much bigger, hits a bigger area and spreads its force out (at a slower speed of course). So if Kevlar can dissipate that, I believe it can make a baseball feel like nothing.

i dont know how good this unequal protector is.. the video is a bit deceiving..i would have liked to see jim evans take three or four shots at different locations with the chest protector on...one on the collar bone one near the heart one in the stomach and a rib shot..at least this protector can fit umpires over 5-10 .. at 16plus inches and the 19inches and width it truly will fit almost all umpires from 5-7 to 6-5.. after seeing the video on the new balance plate shoe and hearing all the complaints, i too am hesitant about this chest protector. that being said, if they are really offering a try it for a week or so and if u dont like it , i just might pull the trigger..also at just 2 pounds i love the lightness of the unequal and the way it looks under a shirt..looks like u arent wearing a chest protector at all..SH*# i hate this debating whether or not to pull the trigger on this chest protector

Well I will be the first to volunteer to take one for the team. When mine comes in, I will have a friend take my golf club/baseball tester to me (yes kylejt, I made one after reading about yours). And I will report back what I think. I have no qualms about telling the truth (especially since I have already been told I can return it if I hate it).

Videotape it!

i dont know how good this unequal protector is.. the video is a bit deceiving..i would have liked to see jim evans take three or four shots at different locations with the chest protector on...one on the collar bone one near the heart one in the stomach and a rib shot..at least this protector can fit umpires over 5-10 .. at 16plus inches and the 19inches and width it truly will fit almost all umpires from 5-7 to 6-5.. after seeing the video on the new balance plate shoe and hearing all the complaints, i too am hesitant about this chest protector. that being said, if they are really offering a try it for a week or so and if u dont like it , i just might pull the trigger..also at just 2 pounds i love the lightness of the unequal and the way it looks under a shirt..looks like u arent wearing a chest protector at all.. !@#$%^&* i hate this debating whether or not to pull the trigger on this chest protector

I would suggest to anyone in the group , you visit the company website for this material . Not J E site this one Unequal Technology . this explains the technology in more detail . It isnt just kevlar , there are 3 layers , one of which is kevlar . And this technology , is being applied to the NFL in various applications , and in other sports as well .

happy 4th !!!

marc

Ordered an Unequal. Very intriguied by the technology.

That means I will be putting a WV Gold up for sale with a delta-flex attached. Love my Douglas and my System 7. I don't need the WV Gold anymore. In great shape. The Delta-Flex has even been customized with the straps from the origonal WV harness.

Ordered an Unequal. Very intriguied by the technology.

That means I will be putting a WV Gold up for sale with a delta-flex attached. Love my Douglas and my System 7. I don't need the WV Gold anymore. In great shape. The Delta-Flex has even been customized with the straps from the origonal WV harness.

well i drank the "kool aid " as well . and bought the unequal cp also , i to am intrigued with this new technology . i bought the allstar cpu 4000 last fall . i have worn it for 40 + games , have taken a couple hard shots with no ill affects . however the cp rides up on me , and iam always pulling it down almost every pitch . i have repeatedly worked with the straps and this is the best i can seem to get it to fit . i also have the linebacker shoulder look to some extent , im 6'4" 240 lb's , that might be part of the problem ?

i also have the douglas 15" which fits like a glove , i dont have the added epaulets that many have retrofitted ( i think douglas should have manuf. the epaulets as original equip) . and i have the original champion (pre-lawsuit) P200 , which i use for 12-13 yo and all LL games usually , only paid 45.00 , great deal at the time . BTW midwest ump reviewed the P200 very favorably , a few years back , and the douglas . so if the unequal fits and performs as stated , i might sell off the allstar disappointing in the fit (on myself), the design and other features are great .

happy 4th

marc

I can't believe this is better than a gold or platinum. I have a question though... If this kevlar is better than plastic, why aren't the shoulder caps made of kevlar? They're clearly plastic which is what I want for deflection and spreading of the energy involved with each shot. My platinum and gold will take a chest shot and send it up the line. Ask anyone that's worn a kevlar vest and taken any caliber bullet and they'll tell you that it knocks the wind out of them. Personally not for me.

Better than a gold or platinum.. heck the douglas is better.

Not at collabone protection. Nothing, IMO, beats the Platinum in that regard.

System 7! 5mm plate that extends all the way to my neck with full coverage of the collarbone.....

System 7! 5mm plate that extends all the way to my neck with full coverage of the collarbone.....

Granted, there are better solutions out there.

IR80871.jpg

Granted, there are better solutions out there.

IR80871.jpg

Are there pads on the inside?

According to Jason at JEAPU, Unequal is supposed to be coming out with some shin guards pretty soon too. They would have to be pretty light weight for me to can my Diamond Feather-weights but we'll see.