Ebay finds

catsbackr

43 minutes ago, 834k3r said:

I understand value is in the eye of the beholder, but I honestly don't understand why the CP discussed above is worth <checks math> 600% of my Cobalt CP.

Not meant as disrespect, just ignorance on my part. Why is the Riddel/TW CP so good?

I'm not gonna try and defend the purchase with anything other than saying that I've devoted a lot of time to finding a CP that fits me well. I'm only 5'5" which makes low profile really difficult. Even losing weight only did so much for me. If the shoulders/ trapezoid area of a CP is too fluffed/padded then what little neck I have will just vanish. So the traditional problem is a question of whether to sacrifice looks or protection. The TW Power is said to perfectly mesh the two. I'm honestly not sure how well it will do. I may get it and hate it. What I have been using for the last season or two is my own frankenstein CP that has accomplished a great look and offered great protection. I want to be able to compare my creation to what has been known as the unicorn of CP. The unicorn status of the TW Power is not only renowned for it's performance but it is amplified by the low availability. Riddell was only able to produce a limited number of CPs before being shut down by the threats of lawsuit infringement from Wilson. TW has also not offered the retrofit service for quite some time. So the rumored astounding performance combined with the very limited supply drives the price up. So to sum it all up, I'm a vain person so I bought it. 🤣 

To be honest though, if the Cobalt works for you that's great. I hated that CP though. I had it for a while and made a lot custom changes to mine to improve it but it still wasn't quite what I needed. I don't mean any disrespect to All-star by saying that because I applaud them for their efforts to offer something to our small community, there's a lot of little design flaws with it though.  

• Like 5

I just dont get whats so great about wendy pads, they hard, until they warm up(?), they feel like crap & they're heavy

What's so great?  I don't like em, I love the as fm4k mag pads though

Let me.love em from the start or not at all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ump242 said:

I just dont get whats so great about wendy pads, they hard, until they warm up(?), they feel like crap & they're heavy

What's so great?  I don't like em, I love the as fm4k mag pads though

Let me.love em from the start or not at all

So think about it this way for this. The mask pads and the chest pads are apples and oranges. 

The much stated issue with the mask pads is that they can be stiff until the body warmth from you chin warms them up. That is a VERY SMALL area compared to your whole upper torso! PLUS the CP is under a shirt or even jacket. So it will trap body heat.

The time to it loosening up is going to be far shorter with the CP than the mask pads!

I still wish I had jumped on getting the retrofit. If I did, I still might have my Gold. But I waffled on it for to long. And once I decided to make the jump, they had stopped.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, The Short Umpire said:

I'm not gonna try and defend the purchase with anything other than saying that I've devoted a lot of time to finding a CP that fits me well. I'm only 5'5" which makes low profile really difficult. Even losing weight only did so much for me. If the shoulders/ trapezoid area of a CP is too fluffed/padded then what little neck I have will just vanish. So the traditional problem is a question of whether to sacrifice looks or protection. The TW Power is said to perfectly mesh the two. I'm honestly not sure how well it will do. I may get it and hate it. What I have been using for the last season or two is my own frankenstein CP that has accomplished a great look and offered great protection. I want to be able to compare my creation to what has been known as the unicorn of CP. The unicorn status of the TW Power is not only renowned for it's performance but it is amplified by the low availability. Riddell was only able to produce a limited number of CPs before being shut down by the threats of lawsuit infringement from Wilson. TW has also not offered the retrofit service for quite some time. So the rumored astounding performance combined with the very limited supply drives the price up. So to sum it all up, I'm a vain person so I bought it. 🤣 

To be honest though, if the Cobalt works for you that's great. I hated that CP though. I had it for a while and made a lot custom changes to mine to improve it but it still wasn't quite what I needed. I don't mean any disrespect to All-star by saying that because I applaud them for their efforts to offer something to our small community, there's a lot of little design flaws with it though.  

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 12/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, The Short Umpire said:

I'm not gonna try and defend the purchase

You could have stopped here and I would have applauded you. Am I spending 15hundo on this, nope. I spend my extra $$ on Concert tix and have spent the kind of money many here would probably shake their collective heads at. 

As I like to say.......You. Do. You.

Let s know how much you enjoy it!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Chris Hickman said:

If you were a chest protector like that, you never miss a pitch…Trevor P. has been trying to tell himself that for years unfortunately, it hasn’t helped..🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, well, he also has to wear two CPs and three throat guards to get real protection. Plus, he's looking at pitches from 15 feet in the air, so gotta cut him some slack. 

At least, that's how tall I remember him being.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 12/28/2023 at 3:18 PM, Chris Hickman said:

If you were a chest protector like that, you never miss a pitch…Trevor P. has been trying to tell himself that for years unfortunately, it hasn’t helped..🤦🏻‍♂️

A zinger all the way from Missouri. Good job my man.

On 12/28/2023 at 12:01 PM, The Short Umpire said:

I was one of the guys who had to wait for the Cobalt but got it at a discounted price. Didn't really like it either and sod it for the same price I bought it for. The guy I sold it to loves it.

On 12/29/2023 at 3:25 PM, concertman1971 said:

I spend my extra $$ on Concert tix and have spent the kind of money many here would probably shake their collective heads at. 

Username checks out...So, what were your 3 favorite shows and what 3 artists or bands would you liked to have seen?

I have The Who, Santana and Monsters of Rock.

3 shows I would have liked to have seen: Led Zeppelin, Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Jaco Pastorius.

~Dawg

On 12/30/2023 at 3:46 PM, SeeingEyeDog said:

Username checks out...So, what were your 3 favorite shows and what 3 artists or bands would you liked to have seen?

I have The Who, Santana and Monsters of Rock.

3 shows I would have liked to have seen: Led Zeppelin, Emerson, Lake and Palmer and Jaco Pastorius.

~Dawg

I’m going to start a thread in free for all. Fun topic. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

FB find... a +POS mask with 4 xl shirts, size 36 light grey pants and more for $60

He won't sell mask separate he says, but if you're a softball guy in IN, this may be a great deal for you.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7212488535532120/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

431059706_7625024210882762_1747235669699955163_n.jpg.3c378db2661fdbe513fe0e37f85e1bf3.jpgHe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...