Ebay finds

catsbackr

4 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

It says "The price is high because they are worth it!!"

(Says the guy trying to profit from his used shoes that he no longer feels are worth it.)

Just had mine resoled and picking up today.

11 minutes ago, umpstu said:

Just had mine resoled and picking up today.

2 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

At that price, you should have resold them, not resoled them.  😁

Nonsense! It just means he can demand a higher price because they are "like new"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It says "The price is high because they are worth it!!"

(Says the guy trying to profit from his used shoes that he no longer feels are worth it.)

Or he found a popular, no longer available shoe, and decided to buy/sell it because they aren’t his size….then make a few bucks. Big deal.
  • Like 1

Picked up my newly resoled shoes.  Soles are now like the NB MU 460 treads, with the exception of tiny screws.  I've got them on to see how I like them.  If I don't like them I'll sell them for a gazzilion dollars.  Sure hope someone manufactures plate shoes that are actually 4E in width and are as comfortable as the field magistrates are.

4 hours ago, Catch18 said:

Or he found a popular, no longer available shoe, and decided to buy/sell it because they aren’t his size….then make a few bucks. Big deal.

Except he said he had worn them and they are used.

It's like that Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck rookie card I had in my collection.  The neighborhood kids kept telling me it was worth $100 ... but nobody seemed to want to buy it for that.  I kept it because Griffey was my idol.  I wouldn't have paid $100 for it either.  Best offer I ever got was $20.  So I guess it was worth $20.

I don't begrudge anybody for trying to make money.  I just laugh when people put unbelievably inflated prices on something and claim it is worth it because they say so.

3 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

It's like that Ken Griffey Jr. Upper Deck rookie card I had in my collection.  The neighborhood kids kept telling me it was worth $100 ... but nobody seemed to want to buy it for that.  I kept it because Griffey was my idol.  I wouldn't have paid $100 for it either.  Best offer I ever got was $20.  So I guess it was worth $20.

I don't begrudge anybody for trying to make money.  I just laugh when people put unbelievably inflated prices on something and claim it is worth it because they say so.

I'm in the same boat and did so myself with the Nike masks I aquired. Who am I to begrudge someone trying to make a buck.

I had lunch once with Tim Belcher at a HoF event. Obviously everyone is asking him about his playing days, etc. Got to talking about pro money & contracts. He said, “you’re worth exactly what someone pays you.”

If no one buys them, his loss. If someone buys them, it wasn’t your money.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Scissors said:

Ooo! As @wolfe_man and @spiffdawg7 know, I have those exact shoes, in Size 11, in pristine condition. They’re very straightforward and robust in their design, unlike NB M460’s (or the replicating Smitty’s), or the Reeboks, with that fragile guard strap that (eventually) tears. The only hitch is they’re a little in the narrow side, and the bottom 360° stud pattern is complete overkill for me – I’m in an environment where I’m either on (near) perfect plate circles or I’m on absolute rock-hard, dusty crap, and I’d wear the studs out. 

So yes, I’m accepting offers. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Scissors said:

I rocked those when I first started .... AND, I had a pair of Tanel's for playing softball also, ... (Tanel turfs) ... I loved my plate shoes.  I do believe they're steel toed also!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scissors said:

Facebook find, but what is it?

cp.jpg

That's an old Cooper UMP1000.  I'm sure it was good in it's time, but that thing would be HOT today.  Plus, good luck getting good upper torso coverage out of it now without a lot of work.

• Thanks 2

On 7/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, tpatience said:

That thing is so messed up. I offered $5 and for some reason, he didn’t accept 

I offered him $20 and explained that the pads were shot, the harness needed to be replaced, and the cage needed a lot of work. Countered me at $50.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 834k3r said:

I offered him $20 and explained that the pads were shot, the harness needed to be replaced, and the cage needed a lot of work. Countered me at $50.

giphy.gif

To his credit, the guys with new ones are asking $500 each!  At least, he is trying to appear reasonable... somewhat.

Don't get me wrong -  I don't even think it's worth $20 (with shipping included).  That mask has a lot of work to get it back to functional.

17 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

To his credit, the guys with new ones are asking $500 each!  At least, he is trying to appear reasonable... somewhat.

Don't get me wrong -  I don't even think it's worth $20 (with shipping included).  That mask has a lot of work to get it back to functional.

Had I gotten it at $20, my plan was to sandblast it, have Maskit do basic repairs and pretty it up, then put some TW pads and an Umplife harness on it--and turn it into a LL-only mask.

Oh, well.

1 hour ago, 834k3r said:

Had I gotten it at $20, my plan was to sandblast it, have Maskit do basic repairs and pretty it up, then put some TW pads and an Umplife harness on it--and turn it into a LL-only mask.

Oh, well.

Keep an eye on eBay, there's several others available that are not damaged - and they're already coming down from that $500 mark. One in great shape sold for $129.

• Like 1

I would totally get in on this if it wasn't for the fact I JUST traded to get me one. 

Lot of time left (8 days) but a hell of a price right now at just over $80 for an FM4K MAG.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/385020937565?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=qjcgpvqnsmg&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY