Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2933 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

3 hours ago, Pops said:

What improvements have they made on the v.2?

I know they have inserted a piece of hard plastic in front of the kevlar.  They have also modified the harness so that it resembles a delta flex which is a great improvement in itself. And, according to pictures, it will also provide more padding in the shoulder areas.  I really like the way this chest protector looks, or doesn't look.  At times it looks as if you're not wearing a chest protector. 

The ABUA store has an option to add the Force 3 CP to the price of the Force 3 shins for and additional $219 (in lieu of the individual price of $279.95).

Does anyone know if this adder will ship the V2 CP or was that price left over from the original CP?

The ABUA store has an option to add the Force 3 CP to the price of the Force 3 shins for and additional $219 (in lieu of the individual price of $279.95).

Does anyone know if this adder will ship the V2 CP or was that price left over from the original CP?

It would be the new one.

I have both chest protectors WVG with Team Wendy Retro and a Force 3... in most games I wear the WVG as a preference. Many reasons but I just seem to grab that WV first in my bigger games.

As a side note I won't go on the field without my Force 3 shin guards on. None better in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Ump said:

I have both chest protectors WVG with Team Wendy Retro and a Force 3... in most games I wear the WVG as a preference. Many reasons but I just seem to grab that WV first in my bigger games.

As a side note I won't go on the field without my Force 3 shin guards on. None better in my opinion.

Are you wearing an advanced college protector? lol.. How are you doing?

On 2/21/2016 at 2:24 PM, umpstu said:

I know they have inserted a piece of hard plastic in front of the kevlar.  They have also modified the harness so that it resembles a delta flex which is a great improvement in itself. And, according to pictures, it will also provide more padding in the shoulder areas.  I really like the way this chest protector looks, or doesn't look.  At times it looks as if you're not wearing a chest protector. 

REALLY?!??!   I wonder why? :no:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

How's Force3 stock coming along? LOL

NFC. But with this https://www.fanduel.com/insider/2016/02/22/exclusive-braves-catcher-first-to-wear-safer-new-mask-in-mlb/ and this http://www.11alive.com/story/sports/mlb/atlanta-braves/2016/02/23/tyler-flowers-man-behind-mask/80833674/#_=

I wouldn't mind having some stock if I have the resources. I will use your comments as inspiration to approach them and become an investor when I become more wealthy. :wave:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gnhbua93 said:

NFC. But with this https://www.fanduel.com/insider/2016/02/22/exclusive-braves-catcher-first-to-wear-safer-new-mask-in-mlb/ and this http://www.11alive.com/story/sports/mlb/atlanta-braves/2016/02/23/tyler-flowers-man-behind-mask/80833674/#_=

I wouldn't mind having some stock if I have the resources. I will use your comments as inspiration to approach them and become an investor when I become more wealthy. :wave:

I think Flowers might be wearing a red Force 3 chest protector.  If so this could be an incredible boom for Force 3.. And you can see the modifications on the mask.  I think it is a company that listened to their customer's suggestions.  I will definitely be getting their new products.  I love the ones I currently use.

4 hours ago, umpstu said:

I think Flowers might be wearing a red Force 3 chest protector.  If so this could be an incredible boom for Force 3.. And you can see the modifications on the mask.  I think it is a company that listened to their customer's suggestions.  I will definitely be getting their new products.  I love the ones I currently use.

Flowers is wearing all Force 3 equipment including the wrist bands. Pretty cool.

On February 24, 2016 at 10:29 PM, umpstu said:

Are you wearing an advanced college protector? lol.. How are you doing?

Lol....I hope so. I am doing good, Getting ready for the season once this snow goes away. First pitch March 18.

On 2/24/2016 at 7:32 AM, gnhbua93 said:

I don't think it was made due to a safety concern, it was made to satisfy the prospective/potential customers and give them what they wanted. IMO it was only a business decision

I do.  I bought...I got bruised in the pectoral muscle through the heart of the Kevlar...I complained...They responded and asked me a bunch of questions...I sent them pics of the bruise...I sold mine the next week...and 8 months later they come out with a hard plastic insert.

I gotta give it to their customer service...but there are a bunch of ppl calling advanced baseball with a JV protector in the v.1.  They should offer a DEEP discount or trade in program to the V.1 beta testers who have inferior equipment.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
24 minutes ago, taa71458 said:

Does anyone here have opinion on the Wilson CPs? Gold or Platinum? I know there are references to gold and platinum but not sure if this is reference to WV or Wilson.

Plenty of. Search and entertain yourself to a banquet, Both Wilson and WV are the same 99.99% of the times. Wilson is the manufacturer, WV is the model that includes 3 different chest protectors. Original West Vest, West Vest Gold and West Vest Platinum. 

Plenty of. Search and entertain yourself to a banquet, Both Wilson and WV are the same 99.99% of the times. Wilson is the manufacturer, WV is the model that includes 3 different chest protectors. Original West Vest, West Vest Gold and West Vest Platinum. 

Remember that Douglas also made a West Vest

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have had them all other than the Douglas and the new force 3. I use the platium retro fitted with the sternum pad removed. I love it. Glad I sold my force 3 version 1 when I did and got the platinum retrofitted since team Wendy supposedly stopped doing them. 

• Like 1