Wants / Needs : 2013

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4195 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

4. Gear Bag, now that I am not permitted to change at my car for highschool games.

So where do you guys get to dress now. Most of the HIgh School parks in Texas really don't have a place for us to dress so the car is the only option. I think maybe 3-4 of my HS games last year gave me a place. One was a metal building that was hotter than the parking lot. I guess you guys have it better in Florida.

For pretty much all HS sports here(at-least in Baseball & Basketball), at-least in my county it is a requirement that schools are to provide a secure, acceptable, and clean changing rooms where we are to leave our gear/belongings there until the end of the game. We are to come into the premises in business casual attire and leave in that attire. If we fail to comply we will be fined and possibly lose games, likewise if the arrangements are not adequate than we are to report it to the booking commissioner. I have heard that some guys even shower there after the game.

Travel, LL, or rec ball we get a spot in the parking lot where the umpires typically park and change.

For pretty much all HS sports here(at-least in Baseball & Basketball), at-least in my county it is a requirement that schools are to provide a secure, acceptable, and clean changing rooms where we are to leave our gear/belongings there until the end of the game. We are to come into the premises in business casual attire and leave in that attire. If we fail to comply we will be fined and possibly lose games, likewise if the arrangements are not adequate than we are to report it to the booking commissioner. I have heard that some guys even shower there after the game.

Travel, LL, or rec ball we get a spot in the parking lot where the umpires typically park and change.

I agree that's what FHSAA says but it doesn't happen in our area.

There are 2 competing HS associations here and they don't want to raise any issues.

I joined a new association for next season and all the top guys wear GD pants so those are on the list. I will need all new hats, I also need a couple of ball bags and a new navy shirt for the school season. The only other thing might be a short sleeved pull over jacket.

needs : O C pink shirt , American flag shirt

another patent leather belt

better strike zone (kidding) :wave:

wants: T W pads for other mask (s)

custom fitted CP (carlucci ) , more a dream :rolleyes:

T W pads for douglas CP

douglas CP with epaulets added

dri-lo ball bags (2)

Needs - 9 sets of #s - two sets each of black, navy, powder, cream shirts plus one jacket

- compression shirts white/navy/black

Wants - Douglas CP, plate coat, and assn to switch to plywood pants from the GD polyesters.

Needs - 9 sets of #s - two sets each of black, navy, powder, cream shirts plus one jacket

Wants - Douglas CP, plate coat, and assn to switch to plywood pants from the GD polyesters.

For the compression shirts go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx. That is the best way.to go, you can find Nike or Under Armour for a price that doesn't break the bank.

• Like 1

Plywood pants? :agasp_: That CAN'T be comfortable :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

All of my "needs" are "wants" that Im going to pick up before next season:

1) Another set of Honig's Poly Wool plate/base

2) Need new high school HMLS shirts from Honig's. Our state is changing their logo.

3) Wilson Aluminum Dyna Lite

4) Diamond large telescope handle gear bag

5) Delta Flex Harness for my Gold

6) TW Retrofit of Wilson Gold and Wilson Triple Knee Black Leg Guards

7) Set of Smitty Poly-Wool Slacks (for use in games where I dont feel like wearing the better Honig's ones)

8) New Patent Leather belt from Honig's