Jump to content

Korean Umpire Equipment


Recommended Posts

Was watching the game last night and was wondering if anybody knows who the manufacturer is for the mask the plate umpire was wearing last night?  And the throat guard as well?

And wasn't it great to watch live baseball again?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they keep firing these Korean Umpires you might start finding their gear listed on Craigslist Seoul...

I’m pretty sure that’s a Mizuno Belgard. I took too quick of a look at it, but the semi-rounded ear guards and pads are definitely Belgard.

3:33 and shortly after show the top part of the mask  10:06 has the best front on shot, not zoomed but most unobstructed.   I see the widened upper extended U bar and the 2 wavy bottom bars on

Posted Images

If it was the same game that was shown this afternoon, the mask, to me looked like the diamond silver with blacked out pads. He did have a black “surgical” mask on underneath so that may have contributed to it looking different. 
 

game highlights 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eagle_12 said:

If it was the same game that was shown this afternoon, the mask, to me looked like the diamond silver with blacked out pads. He did have a black “surgical” mask on underneath so that may have contributed to it looking different. 
 

game highlights 

 

Not able to find a Diamond that looks like this mask.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, umpstu said:

Not able to find a Diamond that looks like this mask.

 

image.thumb.jpeg.c8a9d9e07b7cf6a4ba7d9ee60a84c5c9.jpeg
3:33 and shortly after show the top part of the mask 

10:06 has the best front on shot, not zoomed but most unobstructed. 

 I see the widened upper extended U bar and the 2 wavy bottom bars on those shots. I know the Mizuno and Belgrard mask do have similar features too so it definitely could be one of them with their prevalence in baseball in that region. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

An interesting question regarding the above photo. Since I havent gotten a chance to sit down and watch one of these. Is anyone else wearing a mask? Or just this umpire?

From what I've seen, the umpires are wearing masks and gloves, everyone else is exactly as they would be without the pandemic. Saw a 3rd base coach (without gloves) fist bump a player on a homerun (with batting gloves). No social distancing in the dugouts or anything either.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

From what I've seen, the umpires are wearing masks and gloves, everyone else is exactly as they would be without the pandemic. Saw a 3rd base coach (without gloves) fist bump a player on a homerun (with batting gloves). No social distancing in the dugouts or anything either.

I've seen all coaches wearing masks.  From what I've gathered players not in the games are supposed to be wearing masks.  And they're not supposed to be fist bumping or high fiving.  Supposed to be doing that elbow/arm thing.  But, it's baseball and old habits are hard to change.  It sure is cool watching live baseball.  Oh, the cheerleaders were practicing distancing and wore masks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Thanks to a Facebook post, someone grabbed a close up screen shot.

FB_IMG_1588797452679.jpg

I’m pretty sure that’s a Mizuno Belgard. I took too quick of a look at it, but the semi-rounded ear guards and pads are definitely Belgard.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, umpstu said:

I've seen all coaches wearing masks.  From what I've gathered players not in the games are supposed to be wearing masks.  And they're not supposed to be fist bumping or high fiving.  Supposed to be doing that elbow/arm thing.  But, it's baseball and old habits are hard to change.  It sure is cool watching live baseball.  Oh, the cheerleaders were practicing distancing and wore masks.

I haven't seen much (maybe 10 minutes of clips), so I probably just didn't notice the coaches wearing the. I know I saw the fist bump though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biscuit said:

I haven't seen much (maybe 10 minutes of clips), so I probably just didn't notice the coaches wearing the. I know I saw the fist bump though.

Seen those bumps in the dugout as well

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2020 at 1:39 PM, BT_Blue said:

Is anyone else wearing a mask? Or just this umpire?

It looks like each PU has a breath mask, as do most of the BUs. I just ordered in my breath mask:
s-l1600.jpg

Another one that appealed was this:
PSM5414GY_311_1024x1024.jpg?v=1587613034

Lightweight, and has a UV SPF rating of 40+, so it gives me the added benefit of keeping my neck and cheeks from getting sunburned. I think a gaiter-style one will be easier to manage with an umpire mask than just a mouth covering. Won't get displaced by taking the umpire mask on and off.

The balls won't have the viruses on 'em (go ahead somebody; prove it!), and I won't be touchin' anybody, or my face until I wash my hands at the conclusion of the game, so no reason for gloves.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MadMax said:

It looks like each PU has a breath mask, as do most of the BUs. I just ordered in my breath mask:
s-l1600.jpg

Another one that appealed was this:
PSM5414GY_311_1024x1024.jpg?v=1587613034

Lightweight, and has a UV SPF rating of 40+, so it gives me the added benefit of keeping my neck and cheeks from getting sunburned. I think a gaiter-style one will be easier to manage with an umpire mask than just a mouth covering. Won't get displaced by taking the umpire mask on and off.

The balls won't have the viruses on 'em (go ahead somebody; prove it!), and I won't be touchin' anybody, or my face until I wash my hands at the conclusion of the game, so no reason for gloves.

 

Where did you get these? Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only caught a little bit, but I thought this was interesting:

Since they cannot high-five, a player who hit a home-run grabbed a stuffed animal and "booped" his teammates on the head with it.

More cheerleaders though, please.  :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By EAA_umpire_Sam
      I’m really looking to trade. I’m really looking for a mizuno 122 frame or anything +pos (no shoes or pants) PM me
      thanks,
      Sam
       
       



    • By Young_Ump
      I've seen a lot of umpires take their mask off with their right hand; both partners I've worked with and even high level umpires online.
      I thought you weren't supposed to use your right and I personally only use my left hand and would never go right.
      But it okay to use your right hand? If you're an evaluator/assigner, would you ding someone for using their right?
    • By Ump0000
      Brand New Adidas Icon Mask with burgandy pads. Asking $50 shipped or best offer (buyer pays shipping then). PayPal accepted. PM for inquiries.


    • By Young_Ump
      About a year and a half ago a person from my other job said he hadn't umpired in forever, and gave me his old gear. Included was this mask frame (no pads or harness) and I can't figure out what make/model it is. It looks a lot like an All-star or Rawlings, but I haven't found any exact matches. Any ideas?
       
       

    • By codizzle
      Does anyone have any Wilson mask harnesses they don't want? I know they aren't that popular but I like them and need some for back-up masks.



×
×
  • Create New...