johnnyg08

How to Legally Run to First and Not get Called for Runner Lane Interference

And, *GASP*, it was a right handed batter who managed to get into the running lane...he must be like a Marvel mutant to be able to do that and not cause catastrophic damage.

• Haha 2

Such a stupid batter to not run in a straight line and instead run in this odd, out-of-place lane. Wonder what that's chalked on the field for.

1 hour ago, Young_Ump said:

Such a stupid batter to not run in a straight line and instead run in this odd, out-of-place lane. Wonder what that's chalked on the field for.

If he crosses it, he may trip over it.  Better not to go near it.

5 hours ago, The Man in Blue said:

If he crosses it, he may trip over it.  Better not to go near it.

That chalk dust is .0000031 inches above the rest of the dirt. A deadly tripping hazard for sure.

It's good to hear Fox might be adding former MLB umpires to the booth for postseason games so we don't have to listen to asinine comments from uneducated announcers.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, urout17 said:

It's good to hear Fox might be adding former MLB umpires to the booth for postseason games so we don't have to listen to asinine comments from uneducated announcers.

now who recommended / mentioned that ?!?!? :nod: 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

now who recommended / mentioned that ?!?!? :nod: 

every on-line umpire since the invention of the interwebs

20 hours ago, beerguy55 said:

And, *GASP*, it was a right handed batter who managed to get into the running lane...he must be like a Marvel mutant to be able to do that and not cause catastrophic damage.

I know you're being sarcastic, BUT...

It amazed me reading various places online about right handed batters this or that... It was giving me a headache from the stupidity... And it wasn't just one person it was everywhere. Yes they have an extra couple of feet vs a lefty, yes a direct line will never put them in the lane. OMG it was killing me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noumpere said:

every on-line umpire since the invention of the interwebs

And every television-watching umpire since the invention of television.

7 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

I know you're being sarcastic, BUT...

It amazed me reading various places online about right handed batters this or that... It was giving me a headache from the stupidity... And it wasn't just one person it was everywhere. Yes they have an extra couple of feet vs a lefty, yes a direct line will never put them in the lane. OMG it was killing me. 

Agree. Absolutely baffling. 

SWMBO (a nurse) has been known for making the statement below on several occasions:

You can't fix stupid.........but I can medicate the hell out of it!

Now she runs the roost upstairs, and I watch TV down in the man cave. After the RLI call, I had come upstairs during a commercial break to get a snack.  I walked into the living room, and she was just shaking her head.  I asked her what was wrong.  (Now, she's been around umpires since we met in 2006, so she's picked up a thing or two) She looked at me with a straight face and said "I cannot believe how stupid these announcers are.  You would think that there would be some requirement to know the rules, before spouting off when they are clueless.  I chuckled a bit, gave her a hug, kissed her on the cheek, got my snack and retreated to the man cave.   

• Haha 1

You two watch the same program in two different locations in the house? Seems a waste of valuable time together.

Then again, you two might be sick of time together and want to watch the game separately.

Good call.  HOWEVER, when I went down stairs, she was on a different program.  I don't recall if it was my big fat greek wedding, or my 600 pound life.  Neither of which particularly peak my interest.  She was apparently channel surfing during commercials.

I think I mentioned before, this is the woman who I caught taking an online rules quiz around 1030pm one night.........in the winter.......