Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4215 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hybrid stance for pitchers the only one it might fool is runner at third and if gets picked off that is another out and I guess he was sleeping.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

For some of the games I've been doing lately, I'd make the strike zone 14 feet tall and just as wide.  And if the ball sails behind the batter, that's also a strike.

Posted

 

Is there a rule that you would add or delete at any or all levels of baseball?

I would add a mandatory announce substitution rule. Without it, coaches can & sometimes do use this to their advantage. Say Baker PHs for Charlie in the 4th inning but its not reported. Come the 6th inning same team wants to PH Baker for Daniel. You don't have Baker listed as being in the game on your lineup card. Officially, Baker has never been in the game according to your lineup card.

If this happens then there is a scorekeeper asleep somewhere.

 

Thats why it should be MANDATORY to report ALL subs to the umpire.

Posted

Something I've never understood:  Why, oh why, must the umpires remain STANDING throughout the entire game?  Is it really unprofessional to take a seat during the seventh inning stretch?  I was at Shea during a playoff game that went 16 innings... 6 hours long.  What is the point of making umpires stand for that period of time?  A brief sitdown should be allowed in between half innings, especially if the game goes beyond nine.

 

Forgive my ignorance if this is actually not a RULE.  I don't know where it's written, but it is definitely protocol.

×
×
  • Create New...