Jump to content

BLWizzRanger

Established Member
  • Posts

    1,035
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    19

Everything posted by BLWizzRanger

  1. @MadMax I am having a hard time imagining what you wanted customize. Can you provide a glimpse of info of what you did have done? TIA.
  2. Well, couldn't you use the other arm? They say to call them both ways... Sorry to hear about this. Here's to a speedy recovery.
  3. I hear Wolfman has a knack at selling things. Maybe he can run the store. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  4. Maybe softball is different... Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  5. illegal motion has a risk of injury if someone has a running start toward someone and gets a hit on them. Offsides doesnt have that risk but it doesnt take away the others team a chance to score or get a turnover. Just some guesses. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  6. They have Toney looking at the sideline ref asking if he is ok and then almost instantly (ok, a half beat) turning away - probably of habit to only give a quick glance that way and assuming they are on sides. If you are going to hang the refs out for the player's mistake, I can see the rest of the year a POE that the sideline ref will no longer give any help here. Good luck with that. Either way, the refs let the players decide the outcome.
  7. Well, if all you do is keep gluing it back together, does it look like a record anymore? Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  8. I lost the point of this thread when the answer was given and we started seeing every third world play being asked. Two things. Sometimes you got to umpire. And, if I am ever in this situation or coaching grandkids, I am mentioning to the catcher, if they have the ball, just sit on the plate and ask the umpire for the appeal. If the runner has missed the plate and leaves the area than the appeal should be valid. If he comes to try to touch the plate, pretty sure the umpire will just call the runner out on the tag. I would not change my call if the runner is doing the hokey pokey, twister, macerania or break dancing. But, that is just me, I could be wrong. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  9. Umpires for an 8U game is for the Daddy coaches to learn how to really speak to them.
  10. Well, if the batter had a glove sticking out his backside and maybe an elbow guard, make it more realistic. All joking aside, I applaud his attempt. Sometimes bringing your profession and your hobby together makes both skill sets rise.
  11. Wait a minute... the fine is to deter unsportsmanlike behavior. What does that have to do with a family's income? Its not like them being unsportsmanlike is a choice between putting food on their table or not. Just stop being an ass. Better yet, stop being an ass after getting a warning which is usually done before the ejection. Just stop being an ass. Any solution put forth will be a burden for a low income family IF, IF, IF they commit the behavior. Community Service? They have to pay for the gas or bus fare to get to the community service. Clean the stands or parking lot after the game? A burden. Standing before the game selling programs or running the concession stand, a burden. Just stop being an ass and you won't have to worry about it.
  12. I've got F3 pointing to the BR while saying something to the umpire and then going to tag the BR. He probably said the BR missed the base and thought the U1 heard him in an appeal attempt. At least, it would have been good to me knowing the fielder said something and went to the tag him. And after reminding the U1 that F3 said BR missed the base and tagged him, the U1 put two and two together and called him out.
  13. They need to make baseball pants with the LuLuMon side pockets. If anything sticks out, there is a leg behind it for legitimate HPB. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  14. I have had the same situation on a rec field where an entire line of a batter's box was flapping and needed to be glued down and separately on a Div 1 field, during an inter-squad game, where the entire batter's box was coming up on slides into home. In both cases, everyone acknowledged the issues and we played on. I don't think it is any different than a hole or undulations in grass fields. Its no different than the base markers on a multi distanced turf field where the pegs are raised above ground. Its a risk to all involved but they wished to play through it.
  15. They had to for the Europeans. Their tackling is just trying to kick everyone.
  16. Can anyone imagine MadMax's and Wolfman's attention right now hearing about new equipment?
  17. Went down a rabbit hole and starting thinking that Angel Hernandez also tried to use global supply chain issues in his lawsuit. But, it got me thinking, what would it be like if the Japan league or Korean league swapped umpires with MLB. How would that go over?
  18. Well, I must be doing something right as I still get the batter's groan on the upper strike and my partners have never complained I am missing the ceiling. But until I can get in front of a pitch tracker to see what I am actually missing, using what I use will have to do. I suspect what I am missing up top, I am getting on the bottom. Lol. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  19. What did you use? The top of the fig leaf? Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  20. What works for me is trying to fix my eyes at where I think the belly button is and it the pitch touches that line, I have a strike. I need a fixed location, an anchor so to speak, across all batters. Nothing else works for me... elbow? Doesnt work for me if they have a high elbow stance like Joe Morgan. Letters on a jersey? Different locations of numbers or lettering between teams. Stance? Rarely does one see a stance like Pete Rose all scrunched over at the initial starting position. So the belly button, if they have one, works for me. I didnt give my age away, did I? Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  21. Going out on a limb here saying that decision is affected by whether or not the company not to be named manufactures the towel. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  22. Heck, I went all out and have one in my car, one in my wifes car, one near the home computer, one in the kitchen, one in my garage, one in my equipment bag and the one in my office are my newest prescription ones. Most of the others are dime store readers. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
  23. Know what that makes the ones who just work games with wrinkle shirts, dirty pants, misses rotations, socallizes extensively between innings and has a whatever attitude? Lollygaggers. Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
×
×
  • Create New...