-
Posts
1,035 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
19
Everything posted by BLWizzRanger
-
I don't think I want to test that theory whether I had my gear with me or not. True story that has happened in the past two weeks. While in a park's parking lot, I was separated from my partners by a couple of spaces and a row (lane between our rows). My slim deficient partner was undressing at a diagonal from me and while keeping his shirt on, he discretely pulled his pants down and sat quickly in his chair. The mother of the family that was sitting in the car next to me, waiting for soccer practice to end (I assume), started saying loudly 'that's disgusting' and he shouldn't be doing it around children, yada yada yada. We were 50 to 75 yards from fields. I could just chuckled under my breath as she went on and on. I was more in shock as he finished putting on his shorts and took his shirt off. Nobody wanted to see that. lol
-
Shouldn't be regret. You just like the keeping everyone in suspense. Just think its like a good mystery and everyone is on edge waiting for the boogeyman to come. Congrats!
-
Why did they disagree? My board/region uses it and wouldn't it help everyone understand that, yes, you saw it and no, there was nothing? Common sense to me.
-
Macaw it was to determine if a ball was fair or fowl. But I parrot that it should go the way of the dodo - just like Navy shirts.
-
With that tone, you are just egging them on.
-
I am on the fence on this whole discussion... but, I have seen multiple instances in travel ball where the bench empties to get swings when a new pitcher is inserted. That! I have put a stop to.
-
Tell the truth, you were probably like Desmond Doss and thinking "just one more, Lord. Give me just one more." [apologies for my dark humor. Its a slow day.]
-
Yeah, for (g), 10 mins after I posted, I realized that a bunt scenario is silly but I couldn't get to the post to modify it in until now. For (h) and (i), I am trying to say that the catcher is the only one who had a chance at making the catch near the plate or at the backstop. Near the backstop, if the ball is out of play, there couldn't be FTI, right? There isn't a chance to catch the ball. But, maybe there was a chance to catch it at the plate or in foul territory that is hindered by FTI. For (f), that is the penalty for a runner on third trying to come home in any situation. "Where there are not two outs and the runner is advancing to home plate, if the runner is tagged out, the ball remains live and interference is ignored. Otherwise, the ball is dead and the runner is called out."
-
Ok, can we talk NFHS here - aka follow through interference? I had two clear cut follow-through interference (FTI) calls that I know I got right in the beginning of the season, but, I am trying to pre-think and get into my head around on other FTIs where applicable. So to start, NFHS mentions follow-through interference in 7-3.5c - the batter shall not (c) make any other movement, including FTI, which hinders actions at home plate or the catcher's attempt to play on a runner. Probably splitting hairs here so I expect to be corrected which means I get to learn. The following scenarios come to mind with FTI (DB - Dead Ball & DDB - Delayed Dead Ball) : a. No runner on - no FTI, DB b. Foul popup where ball reaches the stands (as compared to 'i' below) - no FTI. c. dropped third strike - FTI, DB, BR out, runners return d. Runner on 1st or 2nd - FTI, DDB if runner(s) were trying to steal a bag - batter out, runners return. e. Runner on 1st or 2nd, strike three on batter - FTI, DDB if runner(s) were trying to steal a bag - batter out, runners out. f. Runner on 3rd - FTI, DB, if runner was trying to steal home - runner out. g. Bunt where catcher is the protected fielder - FTI, DDB, BR out h. Fair Popup where catcher is the protected fielder - FTI, DDB, BR out i. Foul popup where catcher is the protected fielder - FTI, DDB, BR out
-
I am confused though. CCS's video says the 1U was in B but the video shows him with a white line behind him like it was the foul line as it ran more vertical than horizontal (like you would think the line would run if denoting the infield). Meaning, maybe he was in A? If he was in A, no way was she pointing at him asking for help. Anyways, back to watching video of my association's president get caught walking to the D position as a batter is swinging at a pitch... oof.
-
Please tell us if Umpire's regret is real... you know, you are walking past some clothing store and see the Navy Blue shirt in the window... Will you get pangs of regret for leaving the vocation?
-
So what is the remedy during the game that the pitcher comes set before the batter comes ready? NFHS specifically? I think NCAA is giving them a warning, then it is the reset if not used, per batter. (tell me I am wrong so that I can get it right) But, since NFHS doesn't have that, do you warn for a few times (pick a number, say 3), the fourth you warn the coach that the pitcher will be removed from pitching (maybe the game?) on the next occurrence due to him not following direction and he is being unsportsmanlike? I had a pitcher that I stopped maybe 5 times over 3 or 4 innings the other day and it was ridiculous.
-
Don't get me wrong, I wish it was this way, but, are they? I can drive around here to 15 fields and there will be no pickup games. We - my generation - and our culture have taken away the pickup games (basketball, soccer, whiffle ball, etc) because we are afraid to allow our children to play outside by themselves and we have removed where these neighborhood, backyard ad-hoc fields are. Everything is organized now with parents supervising it. We don't let kids be kids anymore. IMHO. Heck! I was included on some of these neighborhood games because my grandmother would confiscate the balls that found their way into her yard. I was the only one able to go retrieve them... We had a whiffle ball fundraiser for my son's baseball team once 5 (?) years ago and you should have seen the younger kids be amazed with what whiffle balls could do as it seemed it was the first time they tried to throw them.
-
You worked hard for that one. Much appreciated.
-
So, food for thought, it was highly suggested here that PU should continue up the 1BL, thereby getting a better angle looking into 2b and staying on the line for a pulled foot or tag or ball out of play. Unless it is a single out of the infield and the BU has the rotation to 3rd, a path toward 1BL should be used. Thoughts? Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk
-
OOOOORRRRRR, if easier, take all of the numbers of players left on the bench and DON'T eject them... YMMV.
-
That looked rough.... not criticizing your craftsmanship. but as someone who has marred aluminimumum slots with a steel screwdriver before, I was just wondering if you saw that issue. I realized afterwards, I was asking about my shin guards in the OP but with all of the chest protector pictures, I shifted to shirts snagging. At least this will benefit anyone coming across this with similar issues.
