Majestic 2015 Unis

rjt6
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3325 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I kinda liked the gray with the black and white trim. To go retro to the 60''s and 70's, how about a maroon or wine colored shirt. Navy blue pants and burgundy was the American League back in the day. How about a pea green shirt? Just sayin. I refuse to wear an American Flag shirt. I also refuse to wear camo. Any thoughts?

I kinda liked the gray with the black and white trim. To go retro to the 60''s and 70's, how about a maroon or wine colored shirt. Navy blue pants and burgundy was the American League back in the day. How about a pea green shirt? Just sayin. I refuse to wear an American Flag shirt. I also refuse to wear camo. Any thoughts?

Last year I was working with one of the vets during a large tournament with lots of out of town umpires. We walked past a crew wearing the green camo. My partner, who only wears MLB black, stopped and commented how surprisingly sharp they looked. They actually did but not something I'm going to be wearing. I just picked up the gray, which I'm thinking it may be my go to for one man's.

• Like 1

How do the Majestic MLB umpire shirts compare to the Smitty MLB umpire shirts?  Also, Ump Attire only shows size "medium" availible.  Will they be ordering more?

@maxpower74, since Majestic is the official manufacturer and supplier for MLB, the 2014 shirts feel noticeably different than anyone else's shirts. They're heavier, more "pebbly" (textured, as part of the CoolBase wicking structure), and better structured collars. Smitty's version is kinda... pathetic. Larger buttons, inferior stitching, inconsistent trim stitching, a floppier collar, and just... wimpier material overall. Possibly nice for some folks, but I wasn't diggin' it, and got a MLB Sky shirt from WCUA, relegating my Smitty MLB Sky to a "spare".

With that said, Majestic has claimed that they've altered the material for the 2015 shirts so it's smoother, while still retaining the wicking properties, and is a bit lighter.

Last year I was working with one of the vets during a large tournament with lots of out of town umpires. We walked past a crew wearing the green camo. My partner, who only wears MLB black, stopped and commented how surprisingly sharp they looked. They actually did but not something I'm going to be wearing. I just picked up the gray, which I'm thinking it may be my go to for one man's.

@Tksjewelry, the grey is a good one, especially on sun-splashed, hot days. I keep a pair of them handy, one to toss to my partner when he tells me "All I have is navy." It seems that everyone else relies on Powder blue, which is actually a softball shirt. Pro Blue (powder with black trim) is the predecessor to MLB Sky, and both are outstanding, in my opinion. Why's that?... Because it means I/we wear black trim, which is far superior to navy trim.

That being said, @BigUmpire, myself (and a few others) have been in search of, and bemusing on developing our own, digital camo shirts, especially the version the US Navy uses. The curvy "Woodland" pattern camo looks garish, though, and some baseball purists' opinion is that its sanctimonious. The digital camo, especially if executed well, would look treí sheik.

On hot days, my new go to color is cream, with pro blue in second place. I used to hate cream, but it grew on me last summer. It is noticably cooler than the blues, but gets dirty easily-or maybe I'm just messy. I've never liked gray, but maybe I need to test drive one and see how it goes.

@MadMax I would totally wear digi! My dad would too (who only wears light blue). We're kinda proud of our families military heritage and my little (he's 6'4" so not so little) brother is a lifer (stationed at Ft. Hood via Africa atm). Also, we're the home of StratCom, so lots of military families around, especially on the diamonds. I'd buy one in every size to have the extras on my rack for partners. Please, MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

• Like 1

I just got the new all black Majestic and it is great. As has been said the material is much lighter and smoother than its predecessor. I am still not sold on the all black look but the feel of the shirt is by far the best I have had, and I have owned pretty much every shirt that has been out over the last 15 years.

Just got off the phone with Jeremy at Honigs. According to him, there was a meeting yesterday at Honigs regarding MLB equipment and attire. He said that the Black and Blue shirts #HMAJMLS for MLB will remain the same for this year. NO changes in shirt style.

:-)

Yea but.... MLB wears Majestic shirts.  Not Honig's shirts.  Honig's doesn't offer Majestic brand shirts.  Not trying to be a dick here. Does Honig's provide ALL uniform items to MLB umpires? Kind of weird that they don't sell something official to regular customers that other vendors do if they provide these items to MLB.

Just got off the phone with Jeremy at Honigs. According to him, there was a meeting yesterday at Honigs regarding MLB equipment and attire. He said that the Black and Blue shirts #HMAJMLS for MLB will remain the same for this year. NO changes in shirt style.

:-)

I don't know...I was at Target the other day and they were selling the new jerseys for around $19.95. 

• Like 1

@MadMax I would totally wear digi! My dad would too (who only wears light blue). We're kinda proud of our families military heritage and my little (he's 6'4" so not so little) brother is a lifer (stationed at Ft. Hood via Africa atm). Also, we're the home of StratCom, so lots of military families around, especially on the diamonds. I'd buy one in every size to have the extras on my rack for partners. Please, MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

I tried to explain to the owner of The Official's Choice that a digital camo might be their new best seller. Nope, he comes up with this gem, which even the Dutch army wouldn't sport

Camouflage_3_Tan_2014_15.JPG

When will that cat ever learn? GIANT shirts, colors that don't match anything, near black pants, PINK ball bags. Yet, some of his shirts are best I own. I'm still rooting for him, but can't work with him any longer. He just won't listen.

Oh, and Happy Holidays! (his website is always late to the party)

I tried to explain to the owner of The Official's Choice that a digital camo might be their new best seller. Nope, he comes up with this gem, which even the Dutch army wouldn't sport

Camouflage_3_Tan_2014_15.JPG

When will that cat ever learn? GIANT shirts, colors that don't match anything, near black pants, PINK ball bags. Yet, some of his shirts are best I own. I'm still rooting for him, but can't work with him any longer. He just won't listen.

Oh, and Happy Holidays! (his website is always late to the party)

I like this one Kyle ....it's coming in April ....

Camouflage_3_Black_2014_15.jpg

Please say you're being sarcastic, Jeff (@Thunderheads). Patterns like those completely undermine legitimate efforts to do proper, appealing DigiCamo shirts from guys like me.

@kylejt, is this owner of The Official's Choice a complete loon? I've seen his shirts, and I dig 'em. He's gone down the path that Majestic should go – take the pattern and run with it into various color combinations. You've got "MLB Black" and "MLB Sky" (black with white vertical piping and sky blue with black vertical piping)... so make Cream, Grey, Navy, etc. all in that same pattern. (All you manufacturers) Quit making the same crap year in and year out.

Kyle, I'd like to talk with the guy, if you could be an intermediary. I have an entire sketchbook ready to present.

... and before any of you start looking at me funny, no, I'm not on Project Runway. Think of this as Project First Base Line.

Please say you're being sarcastic, Jeff (@Thunderheads). Patterns like those completely undermine legitimate efforts to do proper, appealing DigiCamo shirts from guys like me.

@kylejt, is this owner of The Official's Choice a complete loon? I've seen his shirts, and I dig 'em. He's gone down the path that Majestic should go – take the pattern and run with it into various color combinations. You've got "MLB Black" and "MLB Sky" (black with white vertical piping and sky blue with black vertical piping)... so make Cream, Grey, Navy, etc. all in that same pattern. (All you manufacturers) Quit making the same crap year in and year out.

Kyle, I'd like to talk with the guy, if you could be an intermediary. I have an entire sketchbook ready to present.

... and before any of you start looking at me funny, no, I'm not on Project Runway. Think of this as Project First Base Line.

@MadMax .... I'm not being sarcastic, ....but I didn't say this was a representation of DigiCamo either.  I was just pointing out that I like the colors better on the one I posted as opposed to Kyle's, that's all.

He DOES have cream, Gray, and navy (w/ red stripes) coming soon!  I actually picked up an MLB gray for the tournament rotation this season.