USSSA strikes again.

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4273 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

TDs should worry more about getting their games in, instead of listening to whiny coaches and parents. Luckily every tournament system I have worked has backed umpires when needed. I'm not saying they should routinely ignore coaches but moving umpires for no reason is BS. I would have had no problem dropping the TD that is that gutless, plus tell every umpire I know how big a douche the TD is.

• Like 1

TDs should worry more about getting their games in, instead of listening to whiny coaches and parents. Moving umpires for no reason is BS. I would have had no problem dropping the TD that is that gutless, plus tell every umpire I know how big a douche the TD is.

+1

Every time I get asked my name by one of the losing teams moms, knowing they want it so the can go complain, I always give them the tournament directors name that way at least everyone can get a good laugh out of it.

Nice. I have to try that.

Ok, here comes my :2cents: . I know,in a lot of areas, if you work summer ball or fall ball it's all this alphabet baseball tournaments. The majority of TD's are only worried about lining their pockets. There will come a time where you will need to decide how well do you like the taste of s$%t! I know that there will always be some one to take your place. Unfortunately umpires are whores by nature. Look at them whoring themselves out to go to CDP. TD's don't worry about umpires. They just want bodies. All this working 6-7 games a day stuff. Or working hundreds of games a year, It's insane! Don't worry about not working. It's just like good ballplayer. If you're a good umpire people will want you.

• Like 1

Don't criticize me for handling things my way. You do whatever the F$%K you want. I am glad you are a better man than I.

Don't leave out relevant information and you won't have that problem.

Like I stated on iPhone so some stuff left out. Not relevant. If I say someone has to go, believe me he has to go.

I don't just throw anybody out, But when I do I drink Dos Equis!

• Like 1

To be all serious there is an easy solution, IMO. TD's as we all have said want the cash and that is all they care about. Get the teams to pay and come bac next year. Why not get a UIC for the tournament. He worksd witht he TD and the TD let's the UIC make all the decisions on assignments etc. That is what moast areas I have worked in do and usually makes it far easier since umpire only talks to the UIC.

I always respond to fan's response the same way "Thanks". "You suck" to "you're the best umpire we've ever seen". They get the same response. Why? Because they don't know what good umpiring is to begin with.

The next time I worry about what a fan says about my skills will be the first time. I know when I'm on, and when I'm not. I know when I suck, or when I just nailed a perfectly called game. If some goon thinks otherwise, so what? Isn't that part of the allure of being an umpire in the first place?

• Like 5

I always respond to fan's response the same way "Thanks". "You suck" to "you're the best umpire we've ever seen". They get the same response. Why? Because they don't know what good umpiring is to begin with.

The next time I worry about what a fan says about my skills will be the first time. I know when I'm on, and when I'm not. I know when I suck, or when I just nailed a perfectly called game. If some goon thinks otherwise, so what? Isn't that part of the allure of being an umpire in the first place?

+1. What he said.

Every time I get asked my name by one of the losing teams moms, knowing they want it so the can go complain, I always give them the tournament directors name that way at least everyone can get a good laugh out of it.

I have never been asked that use tigon but if I do I hope I have the restraint to not tell her my name is Mike Hunt.