Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4906 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't even get the tucking the jacket thing.  What's up with that?  Some guys in my assn. do it, some don't - there's no rule. But it's a "jacket" for God's sake.  Do you tuck any of your other jackets? 

Bam, do you have a plate coat?  And, where do you reside?

 

I'm from CT - Eastern Board.  I don't have a plate coat (although I'd dearly love to own one), but you can be damn sure that if I did have one, I wouldn't tuck it.... :smachhead:

Well, of course not ..........

So, what do you wear on the dish when it's 42* with 20 mph winds?

Posted

Under armour cold gear long sleeve, Bauer cotton/poly long sleeve over that (I try to overlap my referee/umpire equipment whenever possible), CP, and then my jacket - Majestic pullover.  And 42 w/ 20 mph winds is a NICE day for April 3rd. 

Posted

Under armour cold gear long sleeve, Bauer cotton/poly long sleeve over that (I try to overlap my referee/umpire equipment whenever possible), CP, and then my jacket - Majestic pullover.  And 42 w/ 20 mph winds is a NICE day for April 3rd. 

so you have a jacket, but you're not tucking it?

Posted

Under armour cold gear long sleeve, Bauer cotton/poly long sleeve over that (I try to overlap my referee/umpire equipment whenever possible), CP, and then my jacket - Majestic pullover.  And 42 w/ 20 mph winds is a NICE day for April 3rd. 

so you have a jacket, but you're not tucking it?

Negative - no tuck.  Elastic waist.  Truth be told, I tried the tuck method, but my WV Platinum's profile is a little too big and I wasn't very comfortable. The front kept pulling out (no jokes...)

Posted

No tucking, No tucking, No tucking, No tucking,No tucking,No tucking,No tucking,

  • Like 2
Posted

Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck

--------------------------------------------------

Just a tought about the possible origins of tucking:

HP wore his jacket out. Had problems aaccessing his ball bags, so decided to tuck. We all know how anal crews are about matching......

  • Like 1
Posted

 

Under armour cold gear long sleeve, Bauer cotton/poly long sleeve over that (I try to overlap my referee/umpire equipment whenever possible), CP, and then my jacket - Majestic pullover.  And 42 w/ 20 mph winds is a NICE day for April 3rd. 

so you have a jacket, but you're not tucking it?

Negative - no tuck.  Elastic waist.  Truth be told, I tried the tuck method, but my WV Platinum's profile is a little too big and I wasn't very comfortable. The front kept pulling out (no jokes...)

NO WAY!!! PROMISE!! :wave:

Posted
Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck -------------------------------------------------- Just a tought about the possible origins of tucking: HP wore his jacket out. Had problems aaccessing his ball bags, so decided to tuck. We all know how anal crews are about matching......
I've never had a problem accessing my balls!
Posted

Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck Tuck

--------------------------------------------------

Just a tought about the possible origins of tucking:

HP wore his jacket out. Had problems aaccessing his ball bags, so decided to tuck. We all know how anal crews are about matching......

I've never had a problem accessing my balls!

NO RESPONSE REQUIRED!

 

Thanks Rolando! :rollinglaugh:

Posted

I'm in VA.  No Plate Coat.  We wear Navy (Red/White Stripe) jacket for both plate and field.  I will admit, it doesn't look as bad tucked at the plate, but it looks extremely bad tucked in the field.  

Poll:  How many people tuck their undershirt into their underwear?  #sarcasm

Posted

It's got to be pretty cold for me to use a jacket at the plate. As long as we're in the mid-upper 40's, I'll layer up and wear a long sleeve shirt. If it's real cold, (like I'm afraid it's gonna be in less than 2 weeks when I have my 1st game), and I have to wear a jacket, I'm tucking it in on the plate. Ball bag access and a little better protection from the wind is my reason. I'm not that concerned about how others think it looks. If my partner doesn't want to tuck on the bases, I've got no issue with that. Do any of you really think there's a single person at a game with the temperature in the 30's or low 40's that's gonna say "Do you believe these umpires? One's got his jacket tucked in and the other doesn't! They look terrible" :shrug:

Posted

I'm in VA.  No Plate Coat.  We wear Navy (Red/White Stripe) jacket for both plate and field.  I will admit, it doesn't look as bad tucked at the plate, but it looks extremely bad tucked in the field.  Poll:  How many people tuck their undershirt into their underwear?  #sarcasm

funny. I tuck my shirts into my jock. Eliminates the need for a flex belt.
  • Like 2
Posted

If you wear a jacket on the plate other than a plate coat, it should be tucked. No exceptions. One of the main reasons you tuck your jacket on the plate is so that passed balls/wild pitches will not get caught under the elastic or open areas of the jacket. Tucking pulls the jacket tight against your body and will not allow baseballs to enter from the top opening.

  • Like 3
Posted

And there you have it. Gear/Uniform clarification from THE undisputed middleweight champ-een himself. :notworthy:

Posted

Jackets you have so many options as to which style. You're in PA I would possibly suggest get what PIAA recommends Stan W. -- where are you??? Your area will have some pretty cold early/late season games where you might need one of the warmer options.

PIAA requires solid navy jackets with no stripes......You can purchase a PIAA jacket with the state logo......  

  • 1 month later...
Posted

I tuck my jacket on the bases, but I hate it. But then they don't make base coats anymore.... :no:

Posted

here's a pic of KyleUmp that he posted in another thread....

 

look guys, ....college dudes rocking jackets ............TUCKED

OSU3.jpg

 

Kyle,

 

If you are ever on the site, what park is this?

×
×
  • Create New...