Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5443 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sadly,

I need to roll over everything in my bag but my CP's and my shin guards.

Posted

Sadly,

I need to roll over everything in my bag but my CP's and my shin guards.

Yeah, ...Santa, hey dog, ...it's me JKumpire ......hows it goin'??? :)

Posted

Johnnyg08, Check out All American Sports Shop,800-422-2189. I think I'd better not wait because they're talking 12-16 weeks if it isn't in stock. The stock code is FPC. They're out of New Jersey.

I would not trust the website and call them directly. I attempted to order a Black coat from them last year and they never got any in. So I would give them a call to see what their order plans are for the 2012 season. I ended up going with a honig's plate coat after finding out it the coat is made by the same manufacture of their polywools (Hardwick). This is also the same coat that the MLB Guys wear. I personally like this coat better than the Fetch.

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

Hello Jax,

Only charcoal. Sorry.

That's ok I will just have to get more people to buy charcoal!

Posted

Anyone have the Honig's plate coat with a West Gold? If so, does it fit well?

Johnnyg08, Check out All American Sports Shop,800-422-2189. I think I'd better not wait because they're talking 12-16 weeks if it isn't in stock. The stock code is FPC. They're out of New Jersey.

I would not trust the website and call them directly. I attempted to order a Black coat from them last year and they never got any in. So I would give them a call to see what their order plans are for the 2012 season. I ended up going with a honig's plate coat after finding out it the coat is made by the same manufacture of their polywools (Hardwick). This is also the same coat that the MLB Guys wear. I personally like this coat better than the Fetch.

Posted

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

Hello Jax,

Only charcoal. Sorry.

Any idea when these are going to hit the market? I will be making the upgrade next season...

Posted

Anyone have the Honig's plate coat with a West Gold? If so, does it fit well?

I don't own a plate coat, but I understand when you order your tailored size it is sized to fit your CP.

Posted

I have also read that when you order the plate coat, just order your regular size. They are designed to fit your CP.

Enjoy...it is on my dream list. I will have a plate coat someday...I don't feel like I've earned it yet.

Posted

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

Hello Jax,

Only charcoal. Sorry.

Any idea when these are going to hit the market? I will be making the upgrade next season...

From what I've heard, they will be in stock for 2012, but they don't have a firm date yet. I would imagine (only a guess) they would be available for pre-order in Dec/Jan and available in Feb/March.

Posted

I have also read that when you order the plate coat, just order your regular size. They are designed to fit your CP.

Enjoy...it is on my dream list. I will have a plate coat someday...I don't feel like I've earned it yet.

Good call on "earning it".

All the plate coats I've had have been the same size as my suit coats. 42R. They fit well with my Douglas, Power and Davishield, but were snug with the Platinum.

Double stitch the top button on the coat, it being the only one used, it gets strained. I've had one pop off during a game, and it's not good.

Posted

1. All-Star CP

2. More pants in smaller sizes. 2 U/A PW and some Smittys for backup. (Losing weight, so I need to start over here.)

3. Force3 Equipment Bag.

4. Just ordered the Champro Pro Plus leg guards (2010 UMPY winner). I still haven't found a pair I really like, yet.

5. Ordering Pro-mesh combo caps. I am done with wool.

6. Ordered that cap-cooler from Honigs for $15. Wasted $15.

7. Got a Wilson Titanium low-profile mask last month on eBay and I LOVE it.

Get this. My wife intercepted/cancelled my order from ABUA for the Force3 Equipment bag. She said she will get it for me for Xmas. Awesome, but secretly, I wish I had it now. She get's very mad when I just go out and buy what I need instead of telling her. Honestly, I just don't like to wait.

Equipment costs me quite a bit more because I usually buy 3 of some things. One for me and one for each of my two boys. But I do have a place to hand-me-down, which is good. One sign this will have gone too far is when you see my 14 year old sporting a platinum on the 12u field next spring.

Thanks to The Officials Choice, I was able to fill out my closet with all the less popular style/color shirts. I may never wear them, but just in case I get a partner who wants to wear his $35 Majestic MLB shirt, I have a $14 copy hanging in my truck.

Dix, how do you like the Champro leg guards? Did you remove the instep/foot cap?

Posted

I am a 42R or 43R depending on the day and I have a 44R Honigs/Hardwick Coat. The key is when you get one is to have it tailored correctly. You don't want sleeves half way down your hands and a baggy stomach area. Good luck.

Posted

I am a 42R or 43R depending on the day and I have a 44R Honigs/Hardwick Coat. The key is when you get one is to have it tailored correctly. You don't want sleeves half way down your hands and a baggy stomach area. Good luck.

Thanks Chris. What CP do you wear?

Posted

I am a 42R or 43R depending on the day and I have a 44R Honigs/Hardwick Coat. The key is when you get one is to have it tailored correctly. You don't want sleeves half way down your hands and a baggy stomach area. Good luck.

I wear the same sizes, and I have a 44R in the Hardwick plate coat. The coat fits well with my Douglas and All star CPU4000. I have lost about 15 LBS over the summer so I probably need to have it taken in a bit. Here is a pick of me in the coat wearing my Douglas.

PlateCoat.jpg

Posted

Pretty sharp look Fittske...

I am a 42R or 43R depending on the day and I have a 44R Honigs/Hardwick Coat. The key is when you get one is to have it tailored correctly. You don't want sleeves half way down your hands and a baggy stomach area. Good luck.

I wear the same sizes, and I have a 44R in the Hardwick plate coat. The coat fits well with my Douglas and All star CPU4000. I have lost about 15 LBS over the summer so I probably need to have it taken in a bit. Here is a pick of me in the coat wearing my Douglas.

PlateCoat.jpg

  • Like 1
Posted

Wow is right. You look like a human umpire logo, Fittske. Very sharp!

Now, why doesn't every umpire wear something over his CP when he wears a plate coat? That looks very sharp.

Thanks guys for the compliments! I agree, it looks so much better when you wear something over the chest protector. My personal choice is a Majestic Therma Base Fleece Training Pullover. It works very well and tucks in very nicely.

Posted

Thanks guys for the compliments! I agree, it looks so much better when you wear something over the chest protector. My personal choice is a Majestic Therma Base Fleece Training Pullover. It works very well and tucks in very nicely.

I thought I was the one who thought of that.

It's an old thread, but I found it!

My old man always said, "great minds think alike."

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Any idea when these are going to hit the market? I will be making the upgrade next season...

The new poly wool umpire pants with expander waistband will be available in January 2012, hoping by mid-January but will be on the website before then.

Posted

Any idea when these are going to hit the market? I will be making the upgrade next season...

The new poly wool umpire pants with expander waistband will be available in January 2012, hoping by mid-January but will be on the website before then.

I lost some weight this off season and I have been holding off on buying new pants until the U-A PWs come out.

I am down to two pairs of plate and one pair of base pants until these come out.

Please hurry! crybaby2.gif

LOL

×
×
  • Create New...