Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5443 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Gear junkies, ..... howdy! :)

Ok ...

Looking over my schtuff .....and I'm going to need some new things for sure .....

1) poly wools

2) a new black 6 stitch plate cap

3) another set of long compressions (shock doctors from ump-attire, ....soooo nice!)

4) equipment bag

5) a few more 'loose' fit compressions (shirts)

6) an additional belt

What about you ??:cheers:

Posted

I need:

1. Polywools

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

3. Black 6 stich

4. Navy 6 Stich

Posted

This off season, I'm hoping to get a new mask, but the cost might force it to wait until the beginning of year (unless a huge off-season sale happens). I also need to get some new pants, which might be a good Christmas present request.

Posted

Needs:

  • Full set of FHSAA hats and shirts (Black and Navy, Plate and Base Caps; Navy and Powder Shirts)
  • All-Star System Seven Chest Protector
  • Charcoal Plate and Base Pants
  • 2011 BRD
  • Powder Shirt

Wants:

  • An extra set of Charcoal Plate and Base Pants
  • Diamond Gear Bag
  • Jim Evans Balk Video
  • J/R Manual
  • CCA Manual
  • 2 Hat Carriers
  • Extra Navy, Cream and Black shirts.

Posted

1. All-Star CP

2. More pants in smaller sizes. 2 U/A PW and some Smittys for backup. (Losing weight, so I need to start over here.)

3. Force3 Equipment Bag.

4. Just ordered the Champro Pro Plus leg guards (2010 UMPY winner). I still haven't found a pair I really like, yet.

5. Ordering Pro-mesh combo caps. I am done with wool.

6. Ordered that cap-cooler from Honigs for $15. Wasted $15.

7. Got a Wilson Titanium low-profile mask last month on eBay and I LOVE it.

Get this. My wife intercepted/cancelled my order from ABUA for the Force3 Equipment bag. She said she will get it for me for Xmas. Awesome, but secretly, I wish I had it now. She get's very mad when I just go out and buy what I need instead of telling her. Honestly, I just don't like to wait.

Equipment costs me quite a bit more because I usually buy 3 of some things. One for me and one for each of my two boys. But I do have a place to hand-me-down, which is good. One sign this will have gone too far is when you see my 14 year old sporting a platinum on the 12u field next spring.

Thanks to The Officials Choice, I was able to fill out my closet with all the less popular style/color shirts. I may never wear them, but just in case I get a partner who wants to wear his $35 Majestic MLB shirt, I have a $14 copy hanging in my truck.

Posted

Needs:

  • Full set of FHSAA hats and shirts (Black and Navy, Plate and Base Caps; Navy and Powder Shirts)
  • All-Star System Seven Chest Protector
  • Charcoal Plate and Base Pants
  • 2011 BRD
  • Powder Shirt

Wants:

  • An extra set of Charcoal Plate and Base Pants
  • Diamond Gear Bag
  • Jim Evans Balk Video
  • J/R Manual
  • CCA Manual
  • 2 Hat Carriers
  • Extra Navy, Cream and Black shirts.

If I may be so bold. These should go to the top of everyone's NEED list.

  • Jim Evans Balk Video
  • J/R Manual
  • CCA Manual

Posted

Needs:

Caps: 6 & 8 stitch

Pants: Base & Plate charcoal

Belt

Shin Guards: Eyeing the All Star

Compression Tights (2)

Socks

Wants:

Besides only a fraction of what Kevin or Majordave have....

Balaclava

HSM - Eyeing the All-Star 4000SL

These two things may make their way from wants to needs.

Pants: Base & Plate heather

New Long sleeve shirt

And dont forget

MASK BELT CLIP

Posted

HSM - Eyeing the All-Star 4000SL

I'm waiting to see the price for it, then deciding if I'm going with it or the Wilson Titanium (not low-profile). I was THISCLOSE to buying the Wilson in September, but something else came up.

Posted

HSM - Eyeing the All-Star 4000SL

I'm waiting to see the price for it, then deciding if I'm going with it or the Wilson Titanium (not low-profile). I was THISCLOSE to buying the Wilson in September, but something else came up.

$219 at Ump-Attire http://www.ump-attire.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=MVP4000-SL&Category_Code=ALL_STAR_UMPIRE&Product_Count=2

Posted

I can't honestly say there is a need, but I could dig a Majestic Thermabase black jacket with the straight white stripes.

If I can convince 1 or 2 guys that THEY NEED THEM TOO .............I might have to NEED one !! LOL :cheers:

Posted

I can't honestly say there is a need, but I could dig a Majestic Thermabase black jacket with the straight white stripes.

If I can convince 1 or 2 guys that THEY NEED THEM TOO .............I might have to NEED one !! LOL :cheers:

If I lived in Michigan, I would need one, Buddy.

Around here, you pay $90-plus for a jacket, that comes to $30 per use, annually.

"It's not always hot, but it's never cold." nameless oldtimer describing our weather

Posted

Around here, you pay $90-plus for a jacket, that comes to $30 per use, annually.

You buy a new jacket every year?

Posted

I'm waiting to see the price for it, then deciding if I'm going with it or the Wilson Titanium (not low-profile). I was THISCLOSE to buying the Wilson in September, but something else came up.

$219 at Ump-Attire http://www.ump-attir...Product_Count=2

I was confused on the mask. Isn't All-Star coming out with a new titanium traditional next year?Or is it already out (the FM25TI)?

Posted

Around here, you pay $90-plus for a jacket, that comes to $30 per use, annually.

You buy a new jacket every year?

No, but I would like to---until I find the one that's juuuuuuusssst right. ... For the three times a year it's needed.

I'm getting tired of my +POS. I've worn it seven or eight times already. Maybe I do need a new one.

Posted

My wish list is:

New charcoal base and plate pants. Trying to decide on the poly wools.

New All Star FM4000-UMP face mask w/ the system 7 throat protector. This is thier new traditional mask. Not Ti but steel at 16oz.

A real umpire bag (Wilson, Diamond or Force3)

Need to replace a couple of shirts (navy and powder blue), a hat and a ball bag.

Maybe a new pair of plate shoes before they close out the NB450's

Posted

2012 Things I need.....

um.... well.... yep can't really think of anything................ oh wait I need new pads, and a belt!

ok now for the things I want.

Another set of Reebok plate shoes.

Polywools plate and base

more New Era hats

Wilson Charcoal shin guards

Majestic b/w jacket

b and mlb blue shirts

honigs convertible jacket

yea that will do for now.

Posted

I need:

1. Polywools

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

3. Black 6 stich

4. Navy 6 Stich

I can't believe they require heathers. Change happens slowly I suppose.

Posted

I need:

1. Polywools

2. Heather Grey Pants. Our HS Association requires them. Will the new UA Polywools come in heather???

3. Black 6 stich

4. Navy 6 Stich

I can't believe they require heathers. Change happens slowly I suppose.

i Know! :shakehead:

They tell all the new guys to buy Heather but at least they also tell the veterans that as long as we match we can wear Charcoal.

Posted

Needs:

  • 1 poly-wool plate pants
  • 1 pair of rebook black plate shoes
  • A navy, light blue, black, MLB blue large honig's shirt

Posted

Don't actually NEED anything. I have enough state and association six stitches (I buy them by the dozen). My pullovers (both black and navy) are nearly new. In good shape with uniform shirts in the colors I need ( Cliff Keens wear like iron ). If I got on the stick and dropped some weight, I've got two sets of poly wools that I could get back into. My Team Wendys mask is new this year. The rest of my gear is in reasonably good shape. That being said, here is my Christmas List... Black Fechheimer Plate Coat from All American Sports ( over $100 less than the Gerry Davis. I have a Fechheimer in Navy, and it looks great), Wilson Platinum CP and Wilson Triple Knees ( I have a friend who can get them for me at half price), and a new set of poly wools.

Posted

Don't actually NEED anything. I have enough state and association six stitches (I buy them by the dozen). My pullovers (both black and navy) are nearly new. In good shape with uniform shirts in the colors I need ( Cliff Keens wear like iron ). If I got on the stick and dropped some weight, I've got two sets of poly wools that I could get back into. My Team Wendys mask is new this year. The rest of my gear is in reasonably good shape. That being said, here is my Christmas List... Black Fechheimer Plate Coat from All American Sports ( over $100 less than the Gerry Davis. I have a Fechheimer in Navy, and it looks great), Wilson Platinum CP and Wilson Triple Knees ( I have a friend who can get them for me at half price), and a new set of poly wools.

What's the stock number on the Fechheimer plate coat? I was just on their site and didn't see anything but cop and military stuff...they do have the umpire pants but that's it.

Posted

Johnnyg08, Check out All American Sports Shop,800-422-2189. I think I'd better not wait because they're talking 12-16 weeks if it isn't in stock. The stock code is FPC. They're out of New Jersey.

×
×
  • Create New...