You may have noticed a little different look to the site. There has been a pretty significant software update. I had been holding off on the update for a couple of reasons, but just pulled the trigger.

I'm making a list of issues I have to resolve.

So far the main issue is with spacing issues. You may notice at the header is out of whack, that is the most immediate and noticeable issue. There are a couple of other minor things as well.

If you experience something, please take a screenshot and post it in this thread.

Thanks as always,

Warren

Also if you're experience slower load times, that is to be expected initially as things stored in your computer's cache are different and cannot be recalled so it had to download everything. This will pass as you explore the site.

If someone could let me know how things are going on TapaTalk I'd appreciate that too.

6 minutes ago, Umpire in Chief said:

So far the main issue is with spacing issues. You may notice at the header is out of whack, that is the most immediate and noticeable issue. There are a couple of other minor things as well.

The primary symptom/effect of the spacing issue is that the site upgrade completely replaced the font pack. Each and every font and size spec has been replaced.

9 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

There isn't a "mark forum as read" button like in the past. At least not that I can see.

Are you talking mobile version, or web page?  If you're old-fashioned like me, and get on the site via computer, you can just click the circle with the talk balloons next to the subject in question, and it marks everything as read.  And that still works after UIC said he rolled things out.

31 minutes ago, HokieUmp said:

Are you talking mobile version, or web page?  If you're old-fashioned like me, and get on the site via computer, you can just click the circle with the talk balloons next to the subject in question, and it marks everything as read.  And that still works after UIC said he rolled things out.

Sorry, I do everything through my phone. So I'm on the mobile version. 

At quick glance, the three things that I noticed was the change of font (though couldn't put my thumb on it until Max mentioned it), the avatars overlapping the "time posted", and a lack of "in topic" (my words) "mark forum read" option.

I can still back put to the main page and click on the chat bubble next to that sub forum. But there isn't an option on the individual forum pages.

I am not getting pop up ads on mine. But I am also just using the mobile version  on an Android.

One more thing I am noticing that is different, and kind of annoying. I set up to get emails on replies to topics I follow. These emails used to be the full reply/post. Now they are cut off after a certain number of characters or a certain length. It is quite frustrating. 

4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

And here is my main two gripes. The emails not showing the entire response like they used to. And no having a "mark forum as read" in the forum.

Agreed with the first.

On a desktop, if you go to the forum's page (e.g. https://umpire-empire.com/forum/18-umpire-empire/), there is a "Mark forum as read" button right below the "Start new topic" button.

On 11/16/2020 at 4:35 PM, Aging_Arbiter said:

the "Sign in" link wasn't lit.  As if to say, signing in isn't an option.....

See my other post about how I had to sign in (via sign up)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry I havent gotten to the issues. I'll be working on them evenings this week, and hopefully can have everything resolved. As fo TapaTalk I got a couple of PM's I'm going to check for a new version when I get home. to hopefully fix that.

17 minutes ago, Stk004 said:

When I'm on mobile (not Tapatalk, just the web browser) I can't see the notifications bell at all. I can see what threads are starred, but I can't actually find or open my notifications. 

This is true for me also.  Also, I can't open my messages unless I get an email and go in that way.  Using Apple's mobile browser (Safari) I am unable to see them at all otherwise.

• Like 2