Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3663 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a partner that I never worked with before for this Sunday, so in the email I sent him I told him I have pretty much any shirt color. I figured it would be faster than typing Red Powder Blue Navy Blue Black (Pretty standard right?). What color does he want to start with? Cream. :smachhead:

  • Like 1
Posted

All I have is cream, black, powder, and black collar powder. Sold my red bowling shirt a couple years ago.

Posted
1 hour ago, noumpere said:

If you're looking for feedback, I'd say you have no one to blame but yourself.  Cream is more popular than red.  You could have typed "except cream,"

Yeah I should've been more specific, but I just recently got black and felt pretty proud about having all the (or so I thought) main colors. 

Posted
41 minutes ago, scrounge said:

All I have is cream, black, powder, and black collar powder. Sold my red bowling shirt a couple years ago.

I've never liked the cream shirts, but I still have a red one so what do I know. 

Posted
3 hours ago, Stk004 said:

I've never liked the cream shirts, but I still have a red one so what do I know. 

You should get a cream shirt just because most guys have one. 

Posted

I wore my cream this year more than any other color. I'd bet that shirt saw 100+ games this year as weather for many of our later and bigger tournaments was high 90s sunny. Wasn't unusual to walk though one of the bigger tournament sites and see mostly cream with a smattering of powder.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Posted

It's a really sharp look! The black-collared Classic Columbia-blue gets a bad rap because you'll dangle it out there to a new partner, only for him to show up with Powder... with navy trim... for softball. Any time I see a pairing of a Powder and a Black-collared Columbia, I can pretty much say that those two umpires just met at their brief pre-game.

Cream? There's no confusing it.

I now have it in Modern MLB Vertical Stripe, courtesy of The Officials Choice.

  • Like 2
Posted

Since I've sized down to a large I now have the option to offer my partners a shirt in a number of different colors. I'm currently pushing the handsome Bermuda blue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Posted
Just now, KenBAZ said:

Since I've sized down to a large I now have the option to offer my partners a shirt in a number of different colors. I'm currently pushing the handsome Bermuda blue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That wouldn't be from an XL by chance? 

Posted

Sure, I lost about 60 LBS and had to get large shirts.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

  • Like 1
Posted
On July 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM, KenBAZ said:

Since I've sized down to a large I now have the option to offer my partners a shirt in a number of different colors. I'm currently pushing the handsome Bermuda blue.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I have two Bermuda blues that i use with a parter that doesnt have one. I love TOC.

Posted
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 10:33 AM, HokieUmp said:

Must .... resist .... urge .... to ..... lose ..... mind ...

@HokieUmp this is why I'm glad our association sticks with 2 colors.  Minimal issues 

Posted

I would say powder and cream are the two most popular colors here and it's not even close.  Red would actually be third. One reason for that though is that the tournament organizer that I do a lot of games for gets shirts made with his logo on it and gives them to umpires.  He doesn't necessarily care if you wear his shirt, but they are a great light material and they are really sharp looking with some white trim on the shoulder and hemline.  And he only has them in powder, cream, and red.  I actually wear them on the bases with no undershirt (buttoned up all the way of course) as they breath really well and I'm far cooler that way.

Posted

On another note, use the term "powder blue" and not "baby blue".  Did a game a few weeks ago and I communicated with my partner over the phone about shirt colors.  We agreed on navy.  Or so I thought.  I was saying navy and he was saying baby.  We showed up with different colored shirts.  Thankfully I had my 'powder" blue in the car and it was a quick switch.

Posted
1 hour ago, umpire_scott said:

On another note, use the term "powder blue" and not "baby blue".  Did a game a few weeks ago and I communicated with my partner over the phone about shirt colors.  We agreed on navy.  Or so I thought.  I was saying navy and he was saying baby.  We showed up with different colored shirts.  Thankfully I had my 'powder" blue in the car and it was a quick switch.

Unfortunately, the original MLB shirt from a few years ago was a blue with black trim. Honigs and most everyone else carried it as the MLB shirt. Then Smitty must have sent an order to china and new guys in our association were showing up with a non matching "MLB" shirt. I think that is the that is the "powder blue with black trim." They also sell a "powder blue" softball shirt and a "polo blue with black trim". I think the "polo blue" is the original MLB color from what I can see on the internet. So now you have to ask what smitty MLB shirt they have although we try to make it clear what they should buy.

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Resist cream. Should be banned. For anyone saying it is cooler, then buy a better shirt. The new shirts are great for cooling even in black. Cream gets dirty and catchers HATE them especially if one of the teams are in white.

Posted
Resist cream. Should be banned. For anyone saying it is cooler, then buy a better shirt. The new shirts are great for cooling even in black. Cream gets dirty and catchers HATE them especially if one of the teams are in white.

Cream is a standard color amongst college guys in our area. Not used as often as the blacks or light blues but it is still a staple.

Agree with the dirty part, disagree with the catcher's part.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Posted

Couldn't care less about he catchers part.  It's inevitable that you are eventually going to be on the field with a (pick a color) blue shirt and one team is in blue.

Posted
2 hours ago, Minnz said:

Resist cream. Should be banned. For anyone saying it is cooler, then buy a better shirt. The new shirts are great for cooling even in black. Cream gets dirty and catchers HATE them especially if one of the teams are in white.

Plop the catcher who HATES my use of cream in front of me, lemme take one look at his blocking and throwing ability, and then we'll talk. This talk will primarily center around his pop time, his footwork, his arm slot and follow through, picking up a target somewhere towards the front of the bag, and the trust he'll have to have in his middle infielders. The location and attire of the BU will not enter into the discussion, I can assure you of that.

That being said, I HATE when two teams wear the same color uniforms and hats. You can't tell them apart! Just last week, my poor BU mistakenly set up in B with R1 and R2 because he thought R2 was the F4. Gee was he embarrassed! :sarcasm:

Good grief, @Minnz. I'll send you some top-notch detergent.

Posted

This summer I had a game with 2 teams wearing almost identical red unis.

The biggest guy on the field - DE on a big football team - crept out to the middle from 2B and walked to 3B, nobody seemed to notice.

Posted

I like your style, @Richvee. I have Black, Sky Blue, Grey, Cream, Bermuda Blue, White (w/ black roughneck collar) and Scarlet, all in the Modern MLB vertical-stripe style with black trim. I would not mind trying out Maroon, Vegas Gold or Texas Orange. Maybe even wear Sage on a military appreciation day.

We've got a guy here who is a real stickler for "what the pros wear". Absolutely no Navy, and you may as well burn Pink or Powder. I wasn't about to haul out my other alternate colors in front of him, and abided by his directives to wear MLB Black or MLB Sky Blue. I put that MLB -stripe Grey out on the table, though, and he did remark, "Hmm. Not bad."

×
×
  • Create New...