Unequal vs West Vest Gold

Mr Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3298 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Update:  I took it upon myself to contact Force 3 about my friend's injury.  Already got a response from Jason Klein.  Very quickly.  He and the Unequal people want to see a photo of the CP and bruising, it may be a fluke or something in the padding with first production run of the CP as padding has been upgraded since then.  

Looks like it will be fixed.  I did not ask my friend first before contacting Force 3.  I should have.  I am a bit overzealous.  I know it.  Wish I could stop it sometimes.

@BillKen  Man, you are in Texas.  It is hot there. I've been there five or six times.  There is no really good CP that will protect you and keep you cool.  I have never found one.  I sweated like a......insert metaphor of choice here................with any and every CP I own even in games in the 30 degree zone.

Have any you done the "baseball at the end of a golf shaft" test on this rig? It's a quick way to do side-by-side comparisons, and to find weak spots.

It took two blows to a Davishield for me to deem it unfit for baseball. The same blows were laughed at with my Platinum.

Caution: Start lightly, and work your way up to speed with that contraption. No need to get hurt out there in the name of "science".

Update on my friend with injury wearing Unequal CP.

They think it was a fluke thing as nobody else has reported injury wearing the CP to date. But, he pre-ordered it and had to wait for delivery so it was one of their initial production products. They have since done some mods and improvements in the padding and Force3/Unequal is going to send him a replacement CP at no charge. That, is customer service.

• Like 6

Update on my friend with injury wearing Unequal CP.

They think it was a fluke thing as nobody else has reported injury wearing the CP to date. But, he pre-ordered it and had to wait for delivery so it was one of their initial production products. They have since done some mods and improvements in the padding and Force3/Unequal is going to send him a replacement CP at no charge. That, is customer service.

I have one of the originals and have never been hurt.  Tell your friend to man up.

I have been hit about 6 times solid. Never bruised, never hurt for longer than 15 seconds

Games Worked Too Damn Many

Shouldn't hurt for not even a second.

• Like 2

I have been hit about 6 times solid. Never bruised, never hurt for longer than 15 seconds

YOU bought one ......:HS

Haven't taken a solid shot

YOU bought one ...... :HS

Haven't taken a solid shot

....................................... Y_E_T ....

I've been kicking around the idea of pulling the trigger on the UE CP.  Man...I'm struggling with it.  The more I read, the more I think I'll stick with my TW retro-fitted WVP...

• Like 2

Have any you done the "baseball at the end of a golf shaft" test on this rig? It's a quick way to do side-by-side comparisons, and to find weak spots.

Can you explain this please? 

Explain what?

Drill a hole in a baseball, and insert it (with super glue) to the end of a golf shaft.   Have someone give you a whack w/ your CP on ......can you feel it?

UPDATE: Well I have worn both my WVG TW and my UE in 4 games. I have yet to be hit. I don't usally get hit a lot anyway so this is true to form. I work a lot on positioning and using the Super Slot.

What I have noticed is the UE is heavier and I will sweat more in the UE vs WVG TW. The latter also feels slimmer than the UE. Both overall are very comfortable and during the game you don't notice that you have them on.

The right wing on the WVG TW feels 'wierd' and I have to check that out. I keep wanting to adjust that area during the game.

You can't go wrong with either. I feel safe with both and from a mental viewpoint that is key. My next test is using both on consecutive warm days where I wear short sleeves and no layers or plate coat. Then I can see which provides the slimmer profile.

@JaxRolo the best advice I can give you is just don't wear it, If you don't like it. I get what you are saying. But the pressure I feel when I get hit, I am willing to accept. If you aren't, then stick to the Hard Shells.

I have used my UE exclusively since last season, and I really like it. I added the delta flex harness and I removed the two little side attachments, so it fits tightly and I don't need to constantly adjust it's position. The only issue I have had so far is that its very difficult to pull my shirts and jackets on over the protector, they always get hung up on the harness or clips. Any thoughts about that?

• Like 1

UPDATE:  Wore all the Unequal and Force3 stuff yesterday.  The Unequal CP felt very comfortable but I still need to mess around with it to get it perfect.  The shin guards are great.  They are quite possibly the most comfortable shin guards I own (and I own several thanks to hockey).  The Force3 Defender mask felt very comfortable but the harness just never felt right.  I messed with that thing all game and in turn it messed with some of my routines. 

I didn't get hit at all which is not that unusual since I've only taken a couple of shots so far this season. 

Where do I get this Delta Flex harness?  Any harness suggestions for the mask?

UPDATE:  Wore all the Unequal and Force3 stuff yesterday.  The Unequal CP felt very comfortable but I still need to mess around with it to get it perfect.  The shin guards are great.  They are quite possibly the most comfortable shin guards I own (and I own several thanks to hockey).  The Force3 Defender mask felt very comfortable but the harness just never felt right.  I messed with that thing all game and in turn it messed with some of my routines. 

I didn't get hit at all which is not that unusual since I've only taken a couple of shots so far this season. 

Where do I get this Delta Flex harness?  Any harness suggestions for the mask?

All-Star direct ...  email Brad ... bjurga@all-starsports.com    

or ....check w/ Ump-Attire

I have used my UE exclusively since last season, and I really like it. I added the delta flex harness and I removed the two little side attachments, so it fits tightly and I don't need to constantly adjust it's position. The only issue I have had so far is that its very difficult to pull my shirts and jackets on over the protector, they always get hung up on the harness or clips. Any thoughts about that?

I haven't had any problem other than the small, plastic gap protection thingie gets tucked in wrong. I wear same size shirt on bases and plate. (XXS so I can look huge in the guns department-that was for you @umpstu-preemptive strike).

Partner assist? Bigger shirt? Where is it getting snagged exactly?

• Like 1

UPDATE: Well I have worn both my WVG TW and my UE in 4 games. I have yet to be hit. I don't usally get hit a lot anyway so this is true to form. I work a lot on positioning and using the Super Slot.

@Mr Ump What is the Super Slot?

• Like 3

@Mr Ump What is the Super Slot?

I keep hearing this "super slot" term lately.

What is it??