Unequal vs West Vest Gold

Mr Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3285 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The feature of the UE CP that I like the best is the way it flexes and form fits around my ribs and chest. I got hit several times a season in the side where I wasn't protected by my WV Gold CP with/by pitched baseballs that hit the batter then deflected into me.   With a DeltaFlex harness it's as good a fit and comfort and level of protection as I have ever had from a CP. (Until I manufacture and patent my heated/air conditioned stormtrooper style umpire suit in a few years. 

Until I manufacture and patent my heated/air conditioned stormtrooper style umpire suit in a few years. 

​Only problem with this? According to the films, everything hits stormtroopers, yet they can't seem to hit anything in return. ;)

• Like 1

If I'm wearing a stormtrooper suit as an umpire, (from the empire) I don't care what hits me. I can just stay in there impervious to pain. I won't have to hit anything back. 

And I'd look SO freakin cool in a black stormtrooper suit. So would you. 

Edited by Majordave

UPDATE!! - Worked a Class 3 varsity plate last night (12 innings) and finally got dinged while wearing my UE.  First shot was a foul that hit me just below the left nipple, the second hit me just above my right nipple (were they aiming at my nipples?).  Just like most others who have this CP, I felt the impact but NO PAIN, not even soreness.  I finally have my personal experience with this rig, and after taking a few shots with the UE shins, this may be the single best purchase I've ever made to enhance my personal protection.  On a side note, I also took a direct shot to the schmeckel with my Nutty Buddy and felt nothing, I also took a foul to the mask with my TW pads (as I have a few times already) and was good to go.  Sorry if this reads like an infomercial, but I hope my experience can help someone else choose.

UPDATE!! - Worked a Class 3 varsity plate last night (12 innings) and finally got dinged while wearing my UE.  First shot was a foul that hit me just below the left nipple, the second hit me just above my right nipple (were they aiming at my nipples?).  Just like most others who have this CP, I felt the impact but NO PAIN, not even soreness.  I finally have my personal experience with this rig, and after taking a few shots with the UE shins, this may be the single best purchase I've ever made to enhance my personal protection.  On a side note, I also took a direct shot to the schmeckel with my Nutty Buddy and felt nothing, I also took a foul to the mask with my TW pads (as I have a few times already) and was good to go.  Sorry if this reads like an infomercial, but I hope my experience can help someone else choose.

Are you sure they didn't hit your plate shoes also? They hit you everywhere else!

• Like 1

Switched out my UE for a wvgold with tw. UE was fine and very thin but too tight on the neck and Velcro dug into me. Worked first game with the wvgold tw and wow, so comfortable and about as low profile. Took a shot in the 3rd inning of a high school varsity game pitch throwing low 80s and felt nothing. Loud on impact and didn't feel a thing. I'm sold 

Switched out my UE for a wvgold with tw. UE was fine and very thin but too tight on the neck and Velcro dug into me. Worked first game with the wvgold tw and wow, so comfortable and about as low profile. Took a shot in the 3rd inning of a high school varsity game pitch throwing low 80s and felt nothing. Loud on impact and didn't feel a thing. I'm sold 

​This pinching of the neck is a real issue. I guess you need a thin neck. My WVG TW doesn't pinch and it's low profile too.