Silver Mask Purchase

benrosen
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4217 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I have same problem with mine. I am now trying to decide if I should have it powdercoated silver like I wish it still was. Or search for a new mask. I want a throat guard, but do not like the one that goes with the FM4000ump. Maybe I will just same up all my game fees and buy a nike. Anyone rock a mizuno mask

I have same problem with mine. I am now trying to decide if I should have it powdercoated silver like I wish it still was. Or search for a new mask. I want a throat guard, but do not like the one that goes with the FM4000ump. Maybe I will just same up all my game fees and buy a nike. Anyone rock a mizuno mask

Yep, I do....

GHSAUmpire.png

• Like 2

Yep, I do....

GHSAUmpire.png

of course you do. And a wilson, an all star, a Nike, diamond, adidas, reebok, under armour, and a prototype noone has seen yet.

What a pimp!

Yep, I do....

man crush! :wave::smachhead::notworthy: :hi5:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the look of the Mizuno, but what makes it so special? Just because it's hard to get? I kind of want to get one this off season, but that Japanese website is the only place I have found them. (I don't know how their prices compare to Hickman's $350 mask he is selling and I don't know how reputable that site is)

Looking at my FM4000ump mask today. On top of the fact the mask has turned a dull gray, have a spot where the finished has popped off underneath the top bar where it extends on the side. My mask has never hit the ground, and goes in a mask bag when not worn and is stored where it couldn't bang on anything in my equipment bag. Just wanted to pass this along to others who may be considering purchasing this mask

And to those who are condidering this mask. I have had no problems my my FM4000. Took one of the hardest shot I have ever taken last night. HS Varsity Foul Ball bounced of my mask and rolled all the way to 3rd base dugout.

Mask held up just fine.

I had a Mizuno for a few days sold cause I thought it was a bit heavy. Kinda wish I had given it a chance.

They are easily found on the Ratuken site. If youre having regrets - grab another one!

Although it sells for about $230, Id love to try the Mizuno mask worn by Jeff Nelson with a throat guard that comes straight down and offers much better throat protection.