Shameless shill for Purchase Officials (Mizuno Umpire shoes pre-orders)

SeeingEyeDog

https://purchaseofficials.com/products/mizuno-mid-cut-umpire-plate-shoes?redirect_mongo_id=63f2cf151b417d00286ee599&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=63f2cf151b417d00286ee598

I'm not sure if these are available elsewhere but, here's a link to their mid-cut plate shoe...$165 and shipping in early April. Anyone out there already using these? Thoughts?

~Dawg

4 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Pretty sure I already know the answer. But guessing these don't come in anywhere near a wide.

No - and they run a little small.  I normally wear 11's and these were a bit snug on me for my liking.  Snug on both the width and length of fit.   I could have loosened the laces and made them work but didn't want to take a chance of a ball impacting the toe box if they fit snug, so I sold the ones I had.

Description from the Purchase Officials website:

Product Details

• Toe protection and instep cover provides maximum coverage for protection
  • Cushioning around the ankle, Mizuno Enerzy, and Mizuno Wave plate in heel area provides long-lasting comfort
  • High grip and lightweight outsole assist in agility
  • Mizuno Enerzy insole provides soft and bouncy underfoot feedback
  • An antimicrobial and deodorant finished lining material helps prevent unwanted odor
  • Standard D Width Only

13 hours ago, mw94 said:

Mad max owns a pair , he posted about somewhere

11 hours ago, boyinr said:

Just to be clear ...... this @MadMax post is NOT the same shoe that was posted here by @SeeingEyeDog.   Dawg's post is a new Mizuno North America release.   Max's shoe (ebay) is from Japan.   They look different, and there's a chance they may fit different also. Just FYI ...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Just to be clear ...... this @MadMax post is NOT the same shoe that was posted here by @SeeingEyeDog.   Dawg's post is a new Mizuno North America release.   Max's shoe (ebay) is from Japan.   They look different, and there's a chance they may fit different also. Just FYI ...

Very good point.  I have also heard somewhere that Ump-Attire will be getting the new Mizuno's.   From what I've heard, the shoe that UA displayed at college gatherings was a bit different than what Purchase Officials had on display.  It will be interesting to see the actual shipped model and how much it varies from the Japanese model.   As for me, I strongly doubt that there will be very much of a difference between the two models.

10 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Very good point.  I have also heard somewhere that Ump-Attire will be getting the new Mizuno's.   From what I've heard, the shoe that UA displayed at college gatherings was a bit different than what Purchase Officials had on display.  It will be interesting to see the actual shipped model and how much it varies from the Japanese model.   As for me, I strongly doubt that there will be very much of a difference between the two models.

:HS:question1: .......that's interesting!

8 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

:HS:question1: .......that's interesting!

Found it - it's on the article link you posted above with Max's comments on these.

Here is the quote about UA:

On 1/17/2023 at 2:56 PM, johnnyg08 said:

Can confirm...if it matters to anyone...ump-attire will also be stocking this shoe. Timeline is about the same. 

Gerry Davis will be getting these as well.   I'll go out on a limb and say they're going to be found in most places that sell umpire gear by Summer.

19 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Found it - it's on the article link you posted above with Max's comments on these.

Here is the quote about UA:

Gerry Davis will be getting these as well.   I'll go out on a limb and say they're going to be found in most places that sell umpire gear by Summer.

Ok, but that doesn't explain why UA and PO had different shoes (supposedly) at the college meetings?  (Or did I mis-read something)? 🤔

10 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Ok, but that doesn't explain why UA and PO had different shoes (supposedly) at the college meetings?  (Or did I mis-read something)? 🤔

I think I read that on here, but might have been FB.  Not personally seen or known by me, but I heard that they were different shoes. My guess is maybe one had the actual Japan model and one had a newer one or.... :shrug:   :HS

Like most things, we'll have to wait and find out the truth when they actually get them in stock.  :wave:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

I can confirm that UA was directly involved in the design of this shoe. They likely didn't have them in inventory yet to have at the winter meetings. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, johnnyg08 said:

I can confirm that UA was directly involved in the design of this shoe. They likely didn't have them in inventory yet to have at the winter meetings. 

Maybe @JimKirk can chime in.  I think UA had some samples at the winter meetings. Didn’t see them in person but they looked like this shoe with the white logo.  Attached a few pics from their Facebook page.

Excited to try these, as I’ve pondered trying to get one of the Japanese plate shoes for a while. Seems like this isn’t the same as the Japanese models available on eBay and elsewhere with just a white logo. I did notice Tumpane was rocking these last year.

9A5BF84A-F27E-473B-BDF2-1E2180DA8694.jpeg

2195080D-DC46-4D32-8A5F-EA40CB43E7FD.png

87AE1C2A-4B1F-4F18-BB39-D252863C8A3F.jpeg

14EA9EF6-10EE-4771-AB62-FBE7FD87F520.png

On 2/23/2023 at 9:15 AM, FranklinT said:

Maybe @JimKirk can chime in.  I think UA had some samples at the winter meetings. Didn’t see them in person but they looked like this shoe with the white logo.  Attached a few pics from their Facebook page.

Excited to try these, as I’ve pondered trying to get one of the Japanese plate shoes for a while. Seems like this isn’t the same as the Japanese models available on eBay and elsewhere with just a white logo. I did notice Tumpane was rocking these last year.

9A5BF84A-F27E-473B-BDF2-1E2180DA8694.jpeg

2195080D-DC46-4D32-8A5F-EA40CB43E7FD.png

87AE1C2A-4B1F-4F18-BB39-D252863C8A3F.jpeg

14EA9EF6-10EE-4771-AB62-FBE7FD87F520.png

I have credible information that you'll see them on UA "shelves" in March. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2023 at 9:21 PM, SeeingEyeDog said:

https://purchaseofficials.com/products/mizuno-mid-cut-umpire-plate-shoes?redirect_mongo_id=63f2cf151b417d00286ee599&utm_source=Springbot&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=63f2cf151b417d00286ee598

I'm not sure if these are available elsewhere but, here's a link to their mid-cut plate shoe...$165 and shipping in early April. Anyone out there already using these? Thoughts?

~Dawg

These are listed on the Mizuno USA website for $135 with free shipping. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wwsodeputy said:

Sign up for their VIP program and log in. Use the code saveme10 at check out for 10% off plus free shipping!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

And now he tells us... LOL

Thanks brother!

Oh, I meant to add - I have a friend that works for Purchase Officials as a rep.  He told me they are a true steel toe shoe, not composite like most others now.  His son is an MLB umpire and they got them last year from the league.  His son went up a half size (as did I when ordering) to get a better fit.

• Like 1