Mizuno Ambition 2 turf shoes

SeeingEyeDog
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 511 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

https://www.baseballsavings.com/mizuno-mens-ambition-2-all-surface-mid-turf-shoe#color_selected_3074457345617947824_Color_Black/White

Greetings brothers,

Anybody wearing this shoe? It's available in mid or low cut flavors. I just ordered a pair of mids...BaseballSavings.com has them on sale for $55, plus $9 shipping. I have really disappointed with New Balance's offerings...over-priced and wore out quickly.

~Dawg

I saw those and I'm tempted.

Picking a nit, the white lace holes are my least favorite part of the shoe, but that could be fixed with some black paint.

Post a review once you wear them for a few games--curious minds want to know!

1 hour ago, 834k3r said:

I saw those and I'm tempted.

Picking a nit, the white lace holes are my least favorite part of the shoe, but that could be fixed with some black paint.

Post a review once you wear them for a few games--curious minds want to know!

Most (if not all) of those white eyelets will be covered by your pant leg, ...I wouldnt worry about that

• Like 1

Already beat ya to them. I got them at the top of September. It was a set of Ambition turfs that I tried on, supplied by one of the AAA players for Royals, to confirm the sizing fit for first the Mizuno plate shoes that I purchased at the top of the summer. 

They’re light, responsive, and very robustly made. There’s no use of that “polished” leather, which I think is unnecessary and prevents good ventilation. I put these on-par with my vaunted New Balance Vaadu’s for maintainability. 

I have not used them for an entire game yet… I’m keeping them pristine for my first college game of 2023. 

14 hours ago, MadMax said:

I have not used them for an entire game yet… I’m keeping them pristine for my first college game of 2023. 

Let us have the whole MadMax experience for the review. In particular if any of the component pieces are made by a company that also supplies components to Wilson, we expect to hear it first here.

I got a pair in September as well.  Worn for 20 or so games.  Agree they are light and responsive.  Quite comfortable.  Only gripe is that the tongue is pretty soft (flexible) so the edges can roll as you put the shoe on.  Just need to work a finger in there to smooth the edges before tightening the laces.  Once on they're great, very happy with them.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, MadMax said:

There’s no use of that “polished” leather, which I think is unnecessary and prevents good ventilation.

When you live in the DESERT, ... sure, ... that makes sense.   In the Great Lakes, ... not so much.  Sorry, I'm old school, ... at least a sheen on an umpire shoe looks way better than "flat" ... Heck, just look at Jordan Baker's awful base shoes he's rocking in the world series ... looks like theyr'e made of "felt" :rolleyes::HS:shakehead:

10 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

When you live in the DESERT, ... sure, ... that makes sense.   In the Great Lakes, ... not so much.  Sorry, I'm old school, ... at least a sheen on an umpire shoe looks way better than "flat" ... Heck, just look at Jordan Baker's awful base shoes he's rocking in the world series ... looks like theyr'e made of "felt" :rolleyes::HS:shakehead:

I’d rock bakers shoes before I rock another pair of any patent leather shoe 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Don't you mean AIR Jordan?  Doesn't he still wear Jordan 11's?

17 hours ago, tpatience said:

I’d rock bakers shoes before I rock another pair of any patent leather shoe 

Whoa, whoa, ....hang on there just a minute, ...let me go back to my post and see if I said anything about 'patent leather' ....  nope, ... I didn't say patent leather (Jordan 11's have some patent on them btw) ....I said "at least a sheen" ;) 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

I said "at least a sheen"

I’m all for keeping base shoes clean. As allllllll my colleagues know, I have foaming shoe cleaner, sport wash, and soft brushes aplenty to clean my shoes. I even prefer an air compressor! 

But if you’re spending time actually polishing base shoes, it’s a waste of time. 

I’m all for keeping base shoes clean. As allllllll my colleagues know, I have foaming shoe cleaner, sport wash, and soft brushes aplenty to clean my shoes. I even prefer an air compressor! 
But if you’re spending time actually polishing base shoes, it’s a waste of time. 
No, no, no,.... like I said, some sort of sheen works.....polishing shoes....nope

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Thunderheads said:

Whoa, whoa, ....hang on there just a minute, ...let me go back to my post and see if I said anything about 'patent leather' ....  nope, ... I didn't say patent leather (Jordan 11's have some patent on them btw) ....I said "at least a sheen" ;) 

You don’t need a sheen, mesh all around will do for me. 

• Like 2