Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3157 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I agree that it looked bad because of the catcher but for what it's worth, I can't remember the name but the system that Gil used for UEFL had it as a strike. 

Also this still shot shows it's not as high as it looked in the video. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

It was a close pitch and the catcher made it look worse than it was.

Here's my question though...

Do you think Wolcott's head height contributed to him calling it a strike?

Headheight.thumb.PNG.4bc6fa4f9e34b8bcb87

I would think based on this photo that it would cause him to "ball" it even more .......

The discussion concerns pitch 6 (umpire's perspective):

numlocation.php-pitchSel=570649&game=gid

Do "they" adjust this chart based on the height of the batter?

I'm glad to see the high strike called (well, when it is a strike).  Makes it easier to call it at the levels I do.

One of the talking heads said something to the effect that Cabrera was upset about a pitch earlier  in the at-bat (I think).  The chart shows that he has nothing there to be upset about.

Do "they" adjust this chart based on the height of the batter?

I'm glad to see the high strike called (well, when it is a strike).  Makes it easier to call it at the levels I do.

One of the talking heads said something to the effect that Cabrera was upset about a pitch earlier  in the at-bat (I think).  The chart shows that he has nothing there to be upset about.

No, the chart is not adjusted.  According to @Gil: Owner - UEFL, the pitch was officiated correctly based on the data (which isn't always accurately reflected on the chart).  The bottom line is, Cabrera had nothing to complain about.

According to one of the articles, Cederstrom ejected him because as Cabrera was walking to the dugout, he told him to tell Wolcott to do his job.

Oh, and @Thunderheads, don't be such a homer!

Edited by grayhawk

No, the chart is not adjusted.  According to @Gil: Owner - UEFL, the pitch was officiated correctly based on the data (which isn't always accurately reflected on the chart).  The bottom line is, Cabrera had nothing to complain about.

According to one of the articles, Cederstrom ejected him because as Cabrera was walking to the dugout, he told him to tell Wolcott to do his job.

Oh, and @Thunderheads, don't be such a homer!

you saw the chart ....shows high ........

I did see it, I also saw grayhawk's comment

I've got that as a strike all day. Great job by Wolcott handling the situation. Also great job by CD on sticking up for his 4 man when Miggy told him "to get him to do his job."

You guys aren't calling that a strike with all of that movement by the catcher, sorry but no way Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

You guys aren't calling that a strike with all of that movement by the catcher, sorry but no way Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't have Pitch f/x tracking every pitch either.  MLB umpires are judged by a different standard, and have been trying to match the "computer zone" more and more.

• Like 1