Delta-Flex Harness On Sale: Ump-Attire

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3415 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Great question VAUmp. I'm 44 chest 34 waist. I've got it all the way in and it's not as snug on stomach as I would like. I've heard some with a bit more girth say it isn't big enough. I think they have sewn extension straps onto it. I may be wrong. I guess the key question is: How big a boy are ya? (Roy D. Mercer voice)

I'm 6-4 and 310 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal!!  

I am oddly shaped.  I'm 6-4, but only wear a 30 length pants (and yes, that is with the waist band just below the belly button).  I'm not sure that will affect my usage of the delta flex.  

Try it. You'll really like it. One of the tips on this site about equipment that is spot on. I don't know anyone who has one who doesn't like it.

I'm with Dave on this. Based on recommendations from my brothers here, I have purchased the UE Chest Protector, the UE Shins, Team Wendy pads, and the delta flex. I am completely satisfied with all these products.

I mat have a little different spin on this...

I'm 5'10" 220# and use the WV Gold. I have the clips on the delta flex extended all the way out and they connect without much room to spare. Maybe a different/older version IDK??? 

But the Delta flex holds my CP perfectly in position and exactly where I want it to be. 

Where there's a will, there's a way regarding the Delta Fex. I have mine on a Wilson Gold. I had the top straps sewn in place, and the metal clips sewn to the elastic so they don't loosen up. I've got the top straps sewn right at the end, so I can see where a bigger guy might need some extension on the top straps so their head fits though.

Like I said, any altering and work you need to do to get the DF on your CP will be well worth it. The snug fit is 2nd to none. NEVER do I need to adjust, or push  up the CP during a game. 

I'm 6' 6", 275#, use a Wilson Gold and bought some extra webbing of the same size and thickness, fitted it to my liking, cut off the extra, and had a seamstress sew it to the original straps with a 2" overlap. Works GREAT! I'll be making a spare to carry also. $15.00 total cost for the webbing and alterations.

:-)