'REAL' job

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1808 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I own/operate several adult-oriented websites. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who may have contributed web hits (advertising revenue) to the top line. Your pleasure is my pleasure.

Do you have any openings for actors?

• Like 1

I own/operate several adult-oriented websites. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those of you who may have contributed web hits (advertising revenue) to the top line. Your pleasure is my pleasure.

That's a far cry from Algebra teacher. What a career change.

You sell adult diapers? Life Insurance? Bus Tours for Retired Citizens?

• Like 1

Frog: "What do you do?"

Bandit: "Well... I go from place to place and do what I do best."

Frog: "What's that?"

Bandit: "Show off."

Frog: "Yeah, you do do that well."

That's my life so far. I've worked a myriad of jobs, and I've done them pretty well, but then it comes time to do something else. I've had my own companies before, and lost one in classic fashion during the dot-com meltdown. I'm a trained Environmental Designer, which more or less means I make places and things look good and function well. I did IT work before IT was known as IT, and lately it's become Some Hellacious Information Technology work, so I'm stepping away from it again. Currently, I'm designing and fabricating furniture with a technology slant.

I'm calling bull-puckey! :):wave:

1-800-Bull-Puckey is still the customer service phone number for our Platnum Level customers, as you know.

I hope that rush/overnight order "fits" to your satisfaction...no return/exchange for those kind of items.

That's a far cry from Algebra teacher. What a career change.Im suprised he has a career, his account says hes 13, plus well not so far fetched condsidering where one of my schools math teachers is now...
  • Like 1

Im a full time undergrad student.  Looking for a daytime job to keep busy since my nights are filled with umping.  If someone in MI is looking for someone to do payroll for a firm or clerical work in an office setting please let me know. 

I have a friend in Philadelphia who works for such a person.  I wonder how big this world is...

As for me, I'm the Chief Marketing Officer of a small software and services company headquartered in the UK.  I also start a new gig on July 1 as a commissioner of a HS conference (21 schools) here in Wisconsin.  Besides this, I'm also the coach (until August) of my daughter's 8U softball team.  I am Schrodinger's Coach -- I hate being a coach and love it at the same time.

I just keep my head down and hope I have enough cycles to get everything done.

I work at a University in the recreational sports department. I get to hire a train officials as well as schedule them. Great part about my job is I don't have to take time off to go work games because my boss sees it as "Job research". What I learn on the field I can bring back to my students to make them better at officiating.

• Like 4

I work at a University in the recreational sports department. I get to hire a train officials as well as schedule them. Great part about my job is I don't have to take time off to go work games because my boss sees it as "Job research". What I learn on the field I can bring back to my students to make them better at officiating.

I want that job!

Currently I'm an IT consultant. So basically I sit on my ass for eight hours a day talking to people who don't know how to computer.

I want that job!

Currently I'm an IT consultant. So basically I sit on my ass for eight hours a day talking to people who don't know how to computer.

@MikeSafari I'm not going to lie, It's a great job. I do however have to deal with students who think they are God's gift to athletics but somehow they didn't get drafted or recruited to play anything higher than high school athletics (if they even played in high school). 

I am the CFO for a large ($175MM), privately-held service company HQ'd in Southeastern Michigan (Detroit Metropolitan Area...Eastside).  But, my favorite numbers to count are Balls, Strikes, Outs, and Innings. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update: headed back to school to become a high school math teacher. Thought about it for most of my undergraduate career, decided to pursue statistics instead but for the wrong reasons ($$$$$). Finally figured out that enjoying what I do is more important than my earning potential, so I'm starting my teacher certification program in about a month.

• Like 2