Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4568 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I don't think there would be a way to do that without making them look ridiculous.

I often find people's questions boring, so I answer a question that was not asked.

  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Posted

For those who have these shoes, I just got a pair today and was wondering if you though yours were really stiff out of the box.  I have plenty of room in the toe box but I feel like my foot is being squeezed...hard.  I don't usually get wide shoes (and I know these aren't made in wide) so I was wondering if they seemed to really loosing up as your used them?

Posted

For those who have these shoes, I just got a pair today and was wondering if you though yours were really stiff out of the box.  I have plenty of room in the toe box but I feel like my foot is being squeezed...hard.  I don't usually get wide shoes (and I know these aren't made in wide) so I was wondering if they seemed to really loosing up as your used them?

I bought a pr halfway through last year. They were very tight out of the box. I've  never worn a wide size. I keep shoe trees in them now, and that seems to help. Overall though, I'm not real happy with the quality. I have the black/white model, and the white is cracking where the side of the shoe meets the sole. 

Posted

For those who have these shoes, I just got a pair today and was wondering if you though yours were really stiff out of the box.  I have plenty of room in the toe box but I feel like my foot is being squeezed...hard.  I don't usually get wide shoes (and I know these aren't made in wide) so I was wondering if they seemed to really loosing up as your used them?

Yes I was thinking the same thing. They feel 'stiff' and 'tight'. I don't have a wide foot but these feel like I do. I will see what happens after a couple of games.

Posted

Just got a pair. Wearing them around the house to break them in. Went up a half-size. They feel all right, even though I have a fairly wide foot. Went up a half-size. Not sure about whitening the stripes--wouldn't even try. How could you cover the black with white? Dark over light, that I can envision. Light over dark, not so much.

Posted

Had a pair, wore them for one game and sold them. I have a normal width foot and Zigs just do not work for me. But Field Magistrates are just fine.Sent using Tapatalk

Slightly OT, we're fortunate around here to have a really good, well-stocked officials store. Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, wrestling--you name it. It is nice to try things on to make sure they fit, that you like the look and the color, etc. and there's a tailor on the premises who will hem pants or sew on patches while you wait. Can't beat that!

Posted

Just got a pair. Wearing them around the house to break them in. Went up a half-size. They feel all right, even though I have a fairly wide foot. Went up a half-size. Not sure about whitening the stripes--wouldn't even try. How could you cover the black with white? Dark over light, that I can envision. Light over dark, not so much.

Ahh, Ye with little faith .....

It can be done, ....carefully, but it can be done

Posted

Best way to whiten them is with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.  Get it pretty wet, then rub softly and take your time or they will destroy the sponge.  The narrowness of these shoes are a well documented issue and because of this, I'll never buy another pair!

×
×
  • Create New...