Ebay finds

catsbackr

On ebay,  not my size or if have bought them,  size 9.5, but now is $200, says they're new. 

I have a pair and love them but me s but if fixing at the shoe repair

https://www.ebay.com/itm/186055653848?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=xSXvjyRlSKa&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Screenshot_20230830_072041_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_072044_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_072049_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_072056_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20230830_072102_eBay.jpg

10 hours ago, 834k3r said:

My hot take of the day that might get me banned:  I don't think Magistrates look very good at all. Even if they fit amazing, I wouldn't wear them.

giphy.gif

Everyone has an opinion.  That's why they sell Nike, Reebok, Asics, Converse and who knows how many other shoe brands out there.  Personally, I think Chuck Taylor's are some of the dumbest shoes ever made, but they have a huge following. 

To each their own... but you don't know what you're missing with the Mags and Zigs.   It isn't the looks, it is the FIT that make them so great!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 834k3r said:

My hot take of the day that might get me banned:  I don't think Magistrates look very good at all. Even if they fit amazing, I wouldn't wear them.

giphy.gif

Those aren't magistrates, those are zig tech,  completely different plate shoes.   I have both.

The problem with the magistrates is that the oval gray part of the sole will detach and that the "nubs" (magistrates) will run down,  then your shoes have a more court side basketball sole then baseball plate shoes should

• Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 10:05 AM, 834k3r said:

I don't think Magistrates look very good at all. Even if they fit amazing, I wouldn't wear them.

Magistrates? A bit on the chunky-clunky side. 

But those (in the auction) are Zigs. Those were the Lancia Stratos of plate shoes. Unnervingly light, low profile, and remarkably responsive. Completely upended the baseball industry with their debut. Had two fatal flaws – 1) the linking strap between metatarsal guard and toe cap was perilously fragile, and 2) the traction was based around nubs, which, invariably, wore flat after X amount of walking from parking lots to fields on concrete, asphalt, or kick-scraping the shoe upon home plate in the efforts of revealing it once buried by slides or inept grounds-crew. 

The Zigs’ termination from the game (market) had nothing to do with their performance, or those flaws. Instead, it had to do with Reebok’s parent company – Adidas – having its head up its a$$ and removing Reebok from all team sports so as to focus on the CrossFit market. 🙄 

I have to believe the planform – for either/both the Zigs and Magistrates – is out there, somewhere, in China (or Indonesia), and it would just take a shoe company some adjusting of it to produce their own variant. Smitty 🙄😕 did similar with New Balance’s 460v1 planform. 

Have I tried the Zigs on? Yes. Am I able to wear them? Not so much. My feet (spine, more like) does not agree with Reebok’s last (shoe form). But looks? Heck, even I whistle :notworthy: in envy when I see a PU with them (especially with white trim), because I know that guy is going to be bounding on rotations, like a gazelle. 

On 8/31/2023 at 11:16 AM, wolfe_man said:

Personally, I think Chuck Taylor's are some of the dumbest shoes ever made, but they have a huge following. 

They got a resurgence in popularity because of Instagram fitness models (“influencers” :jerkit: , both sexes) wearing them for their weightlifting benefits and swag. Hark! Are those sheep 🐑 I hear? 

• Like 1

On 8/31/2023 at 9:16 AM, wolfe_man said:

...but you don't know what you're missing with the Mags and Zigs.   It isn't the looks, it is the FIT that make them so great!

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

But those (in the auction) are Zigs. Those were the Lancia Stratos of plate shoes. Unnervingly light, low profile, and remarkably responsive. Completely upended the baseball industry with their debut. Had two fatal flaws – 1) the linking strap between metatarsal guard and toe cap was perilously fragile, and 2) the traction was based around nubs, which, invariably, wore flat after X amount of walking from parking lots to fields on concrete, asphalt, or kick-scraping the shoe upon home plate in the efforts of revealing it once buried by slides or inept grounds-crew. 

The Zigs’ termination from the game (market) had nothing to do with their performance, or those flaws. Instead, it had to do with Reebok’s parent company – Adidas – having its head up its a$$ and removing Reebok from all team sports so as to focus on the CrossFit market. 🙄 

...But looks? Heck, even I whistle :notworthy: in envy when I see a PU with them (especially with white trim), because I know that guy is going to be bounding on rotations, like a gazelle.

Thanks for the correction, Max. Mea culpa.

That's why I prequalified my statement as "hot." Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is they look terrible.  :fuel:

Look on the bright side:  no one will ever have to worry about outbidding me on a pair. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/1/2023 at 11:55 AM, 834k3r said:

Thanks for the correction, Max. Mea culpa.

That's why I prequalified my statement as "hot." Everyone's entitled to their opinion, and my opinion is they look terrible.  :fuel:

Look on the bright side:  no one will ever have to worry about outbidding me on a pair. :lol:

The Field Magistrates are the best plate shoes I've ever worn. Would have bought Zig's with the issue of them being so narrow.  Now am wearing the Mizuno's and absolutely love them.

• Like 3

On 12/16/2023 at 7:47 AM, umpstu said:

The Field Magistrates are the best plate shoes I've ever worn. Would have bought Zig's with the issue of them being so narrow.  Now am wearing the Mizuno's and absolutely love them.

I got a pair of the Mizunos too...and I'm excited to try them out.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, tpatience said:

Yes, may the games begin!

A Riddell Power with Team Wendy padding!

IMG_7924.jpeg

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tpatience said:

I already have the same exact CP or else I’d have bought this one lol

I thought you did.  I was tempted, but can't swing $1500+.  It looks like it's in great shape too - and he added gap protection from an old set of shoulder pads it appeared.

54 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I thought you did.  I was tempted, but can't swing $1500+.  It looks like it's in great shape too - and he added gap protection from an old set of shoulder pads it appeared.

I’ll let you know what kind of shape it’s in when it gets here… the gap protection is gonna be replaced with something more similar to the gap protection on the gold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, The Short Umpire said:

I’ll let you know what kind of shape it’s in when it gets here… the gap protection is gonna be replaced with something more similar to the gap protection on the gold. 

Attaboy! You need to change your name now to "BigBaller" 💪