Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4785 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I don't believe I've ever seen an MLB player with so much raw talent who completely sucks as a baseball player as Starlin Castro.

 

JM

Lazy? Lack of focus? Lack of fundamentals? All of the above? I can't figure him out. 

Posted

What's the difference between this one and the Atlanta one last year, other than the fact the ss caught the ball rather than pulling away at the last minute. Watch at :08 when the umpire starts his hand up and the ball is caught at :09. Go look at that one in Atlanta where they tried to crucify Holbrook. Just about the same amount of time involved. Not like that hand went up 4 or 5 seconds ahead (yes I know it doesn't have to) of the catch. Let's go, get those comparison's on here. Where's that argument. What, just because it's the Cubs and not a playoff game? Come on let's bare down with some analysis here.

Posted

What's the difference between this one and the Atlanta one last year, other than the fact the ss caught the ball rather than pulling away at the last minute. Watch at :08 when the umpire starts his hand up and the ball is caught at :09. Go look at that one in Atlanta where they tried to crucify Holbrook. Just about the same amount of time involved. Not like that hand went up 4 or 5 seconds ahead (yes I know it doesn't have to) of the catch. Let's go, get those comparison's on here. Where's that argument. What, just because it's the Cubs and not a playoff game? Come on let's bare down with some analysis here.

In the Atlanta game the SS had gained control of his body. In this one he had not.

Posted

I don't believe I've ever seen an MLB player with so much raw talent who completely sucks as a baseball player as Starlin Castro.

 

JM

Ehh, he's been really good for a few years (200+ hits) but it just fell out this year. Cubs have a few SS prospects behind him and he has a tradable contact, so I would guess it's next year or bust for Starlin.

×
×
  • Create New...