Team Wendy Retrofit options

Umpiresrock74

4 minutes ago, MadMax said:

In fairness, neoprene isn’t exactly a crude open-cell upholstery foam, which is used on cheap sofas, loungers... and Wilson WestVests. 

That s#!t holds moisture like a sodden sponge 🧽. Ever dump a gallon of water on a cheap couch? 

... ever wait around for it to dry? 

I just think of a wet-suit when I see the word neoprene, but ... it's just something I have in my head I guess because it is light, and it is great for obsorbing shocks, so ... there you have it! 😉

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

I’m excited

I can see you Happy Gilmore’ing it, and hopping in the first batting cage you can find to take pitches off the chest to test it out. 

In lieu of that, I think either @acpar72 or @kylejt has a “CP Tester On A Stick!” 

9 minutes ago, MadMax said:

I can see you Happy Gilmore’ing it, and hopping in the first batting cage you can find to take pitches off the chest to test it out. 

In lieu of that, I think either @acpar72 or … who’s the umpire with the San Diego Chicken as his avatar?… has a “CP Tester On A Stick!” 

Kyle .... (kylejt)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, MadMax said:

In lieu of that, I think either @acpar72 or … who’s the umpire with the San Diego Chicken as his avatar?… has a “CP Tester On A Stick!” 

What’s that? Is it a umpire chest protector testing shop?

Sorry for just jumping in here guys. I haven’t been around here in a few years but I’m amazed to see people still talking about the Team Wendy’s retrofit. It was a really sweet CP. Good luck to those of you trying to recreate a better mousetrap. I’d love to see someone do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Birdieseeker said:

I’ve hung up my mask due to an injury but would be willing to sell my Team Wendy retrofit CP for the right price if anyone is interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL and what is the "right" price?  There are lots of guys out here looking for one, you can sell it today - just name a fair price.

That price will be interesting. I think when I had my team west vest, it was in the $300 range. Although I am in the All-Star Colbalt game, I would really be interested to see how this plays out. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Not the prettiest thing on earth. But it still needs to be sewn together with shoulder pads, kidney padding, etc… However, it will get the job done as a prototype for this upcoming season. Trim will be sewn around the whole thing, etc..

72AE5960-9A06-451F-8103-03DF2018F32F.jpeg

2F0B7B17-8769-40B2-B307-828B5977FDEA.jpeg

DF4925E4-C34B-4367-9D66-78E5B2FBC517.jpeg

E17C15D7-2C6D-482C-B91F-08D06D8E5D8C.jpeg

How thick is that? Looks big.