Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1483 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

For those guys who wear tights under their plate gear.....Do you

1. Wear just shorts w/ a cup and then tights over them?

Or 

2. Tights with the cup inside the tights?

Any particular brand of tights?

Posted
15 hours ago, concertman1971 said:

For those guys who wear tights under their plate gear.....Do you

1. Wear just shorts w/ a cup and then tights over them?

Or 

2. Tights with the cup inside the tights?

Any particular brand of tights?

I wear tights with a floating cup pocket.  btlofficials.com, but not sure if they exist any longer.

Posted

Tights (because my shin guards cause my skin to get dry and itchy if I don't) with the cup inside.  No significant issues with movement (as long as I get adjusted before walking on the field).

I have two pairs, I think one is Nike and one is Under Armor.  Not usually brands I buy (because I'm cheap), but both have held up and work great.

Since your title says "shirts" (I assume shorts was intended though), I wear a t-shirt under my chest protector.  I've tried to go without because I find it to be much cooler and it allows the moisture wicking of my outer shirt to work properly, but chafing prevents me from doing that too often.  For under shirts, I use the athletic moisture wicking ones from Walmart.  They are thin, durable, cheap to replace (which I don't have to do very often), and come in all the right colors (black, white, navy, and red).

Posted

Smitty ComfortTech Compression Short w/cup pouch as bottom layer: https://www.ump-attire.com/Products/S415/Smitty-Grey-ComfortTech-Compression-Shorts-with-Cup-Pocket

...and then UnderArmour long tights over the Smitty Compression Short.

It gets hot and soupy from the waist down but, I just abhor the feeling of the shin guard straps against my bare legs...YMMV.

~Dawg

Posted

Compression shorts are the first layer, nutty buddy and jock strap are the second and tights over that.  

Posted

It starts with a set of Nike DRI-Fit boxer briefs. They are the thinnest I’ve found on the market, with the best shape and seams in the right spots. 

I wear simple black crew socks (UA, Nike, NB, etc.). 

I have a set of Nike Pro Combat 3/4 Sliders (below the knee). These have a cup pocket. In goes the Shock Doctor CF, and I’m set for everything else. 

Otherwise, I have several sets of various compression slider shorts (Nike, All-Star, etc.). I’m actually eyeing up a set from Schutt, made for football, that has a cup pocket _and_ the integrated thigh pads / plates. I’d have my seamstress remove the integrated hip pads and reposition them on the inner thighs, if possible. If I use these slider shorts, then I have about six sets of “shin sleeves” that I slide on. Some I bought (Amazon), while some I made by cutting off the feet of knee-long socks that I had amassed (soccer, baseball) and was otherwise going to throw away (usually because the heels wear through). 

As few of layers as possible, here. 

  • Like 1
Posted
15 hours ago, boyinr said:

Compression shorts are the first layer, nutty buddy and jock strap are the second and tights over that.  

You're doing the NB wrong. 🙃

With the Nutty Buddy, they way they suggest (and the way I do) is...

1) Undies

2) Tights

3) Nutty Buddy inside of

4) The Nutty Buddy Jock Strap, followed by, obviously

5) Pants

 

Posted
21 minutes ago, kylehutson said:

You're doing the NB wrong. 🙃

With the Nutty Buddy, they way they suggest (and the way I do) is...

1) Undies

2) Tights

3) Nutty Buddy inside of

4) The Nutty Buddy Jock Strap, followed by, obviously

5) Pants

 

To each their own. Whatever works for you, I go

Boxer Briefs (I like the haines x-temp)

NB cup

NB jock

Tights. (Maybe full length maybe to the knee. weather dependent)

Pants

Cheap color appropriate moisture wicking tee under the chest protector. 

I do like these in the cooler weather. Or under a jacket on the bases.

https://www.ump-attire.com/Products/TMMT717-BK/New-Balance-Challenger-Mock-Neck-Short-Sleeve-Compression-Shirt

 

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, kylehutson said:

You're doing the NB wrong. 🙃

With the Nutty Buddy, they way they suggest (and the way I do) is...

1) Undies

2) Tights

3) Nutty Buddy inside of

4) The Nutty Buddy Jock Strap, followed by, obviously

5) Pants

 

Thanks.  I have done it this way for 500+ plate games and haven't had any complaints from "the boys in charge" AKA lower management.  They used to have some decision making authority but, as they have gotten older they have assumed more of a figure head role.       

  • Haha 5
Posted
12 minutes ago, boyinr said:

Thanks.  I have done it this way for 500+ plate games and haven't had any complaints from "the boys in charge" AKA lower management.  They used to have some decision making authority but, as they have gotten older they have assumed more of a figure head role.       

I hope my emoji was appropriately understood as not as being critical of what works for you. However, I do like the jock on the outside allowing the NB to float, rather than being pressed against the groin.

  • Like 1
Posted

I use the NB system... but with a Diamond MMA jock & cup.

 

  1. underware
  2. Diamond MMA jock (with cup pocket)
  3. compression shorts
  4. long socks to knees (not compression, but snug fitting)

 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...