Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3783 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

I want you to sell a million of these...but I think shipping to the US from Canada could get quite expensive.  

 

Any idea what the cost of shipping these to the US would cost?  

 

Would it be cheaper to ship them in bulk to one person in the US to ship them out. 

 

Shipping via the USPS would likely be under $5 per folder.  

 

Good luck!

Posted

I use the SportsInfoMedia holder and would strongly suggest it to everyone. It is not as big as you might think and easily fits in a ball bag laying down. The convenience of it is the best part as making a lineup change is easy as 1, 2, 3. I've attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure but if you decide to get it then be sure to pick up some clips as the smaller lineup cards do not work very well unless they are clipped. 

 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2OMlJqZkljcFluaGtCM3JxczRIdS1DcmN3VzI4/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2Od0VDYUNXQWhsbU1oUm5fZTdpckhwUzNPZ2cw/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bym1kEV9xh2OdXpOX0l1XzlHU29VLWh0SjIxSUNoYm5JQ3lj/view?usp=sharing

That's big (I know, that's what she said). Do you keep that in your back pocket or have one of the team managers lug it around?

PLUS! You're keeping score? C'mon man! That's someone else's job!!!

Posted

I want you to sell a million of these...but I think shipping to the US from Canada could get quite expensive.  

 

Any idea what the cost of shipping these to the US would cost?  

 

Would it be cheaper to ship them in bulk to one person in the US to ship them out. 

 

Shipping via the USPS would likely be under $5 per folder.  

 

Good luck!

 

Thanks for the best wishes...much appreciated and maybe one day every umpire will use my product

I have been provided shipping prices and I believe they will not hinder potential sales which was a great concern of mine.

 

 

 

Canada 3.75

Continental USA 5.00

International & 7.50

 

I have had a few guys ordering 20 or more from the US and Europe which as you say will be mailed to one person who will distribute them to their group saving money.

The only thing is getting the price for the customer before I ship.

 

Thanks Again

 

Ray

Posted

Does shipping to the U.S. get cheaper if we order more than one or is $5 for each folder regardless of quantity.

It sounds like he will send a bulk shipment to somebody in the US, then the $5 will be the cost of shipping...but @Razzer will tell us for sure.

Posted

You know those books the waiters bring us our checks in? I got one the other day. Kinda large but if it fits in my ball bag.... :D

  • Like 1
Posted

You know those books the waiters bring us our checks in? I got one the other day. Kinda large but if it fits in my ball bag.... :D

Hey Jocko - the waitress from the Longhorn Steakhouse called. She wants her check folder back.

:P  :wave:
  • Like 3
Posted

Right now I can ship 1 folder and Canada Post allows it as an envelope due to weight and sizes. After that It becomes a package and the price is no longer $5.00 to the US 

I have had many telephone calls and still working to get the best rate possible. Shipping never used to concern us but now it is part of doing business world wide and in the next county.

Posted

 

You know those books the waiters bring us our checks in? I got one the other day. Kinda large but if it fits in my ball bag.... :D

Hey Jocko - the waitress from the Longhorn Steakhouse called. She wants her check folder back.

:P  :wave:

 

Tilted Kilt :D

  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

The folders arrived today

Anyone need one or more just send me an email to rbumpire37@gmail.com

14.99 + 5.00 shipping to the USA

Thanks

 

Ray

Posted

The folders arrived today

Anyone need one or more just send me an email to rbumpire37@gmail.com

14.99 + 5.00 shipping to the USA

Thanks

 

Ray

​So much for selling a million of them

  • Like 2
Posted

Does anybody not use a lineup holder?  I rarely do because I have a folding method that works, and I like good pens.  I do not hold up the game when trying to write something down which is a HUGE pet peeve.  I also don't like to put them in my ball bag.

To all the older umpires at higher levels: is this something I should consider changing?

nobody has ever commented on it but I figured the question couldn't hurt.

 

 

Posted

I have considered bringing my voice recorder with to record the subs, then write them in between 1/2 innings.  That would speed things up quite a bit.

I would be the first to do so in my area.

Posted

 

Does anybody not use a lineup holder?  I rarely do because I have a folding method that works, and I like good pens.  I do not hold up the game when trying to write something down which is a HUGE pet peeve.  I also don't like to put them in my ball bag.

To all the older umpires at higher levels: is this something I should consider changing?

nobody has ever commented on it but I figured the question couldn't hurt.

 

 

​I've never used one before, but Ray's looked like a nice enough design that I bought one to give it a shot. I plan to keep my previous folding method and use the holder to see the same information faster (thus speeding the game along).

Posted

I have never understood the need to HURRY, not slow the game down, hold the game up, etc. mentality.

 

It takes as long as it takes and a good lineup card holder helps you with the process.  Wait until the first time you don't take the time to do it the proper way and it blows up on you.  You will wish you had taken the time it takes.

 

The bigger problem is the crappy lineup cards teams use with no room to write down the substitutes.  THAT is the real problem.

Posted

I have never understood the need to HURRY, not slow the game down, hold the game up, etc. mentality.

 

It takes as long as it takes and a good lineup card holder helps you with the process.  Wait until the first time you don't take the time to do it the proper way and it blows up on you.  You will wish you had taken the time it takes.

 

The bigger problem is the crappy lineup cards teams use with no room to write down the substitutes.  THAT is the real problem.

​I think there's a lot to say about this.  It's not a big deal until it it.  

Posted

See, if you reduce the number of instances where you / we call "Time!":

  1. for brushing the plate
  2. for recovering baseballs that were out-of-play from coaches, bench players, fans (HBM's and SHBF's not included... take all the time you want)
  3. for F2 to step in front of the plate to signal approaching aircraft to land
  4. for the defense to get the ball back into the infield under the control of F1
  5. for a runner to get to his feet after diving back into a base on a futile pickoff attempt
  6. for an On-Deck hitter to finally realize they are on deck, and scurry from the dugout around behind you to get to the opposite OD circle, to the back of the hitter
  7. for an On-Deck hitter to get on the OD circle to the back of the hitter
  8. for an On-Deck hitter... any On-Deck hitter... to pick up that donut and put it back in the dugout.
  9. for crying out loud "Will someone get that bat?

... we would have a remarkable amount of un-harried time so as to make proper, succinct notes in our Midger1. I put in an order for several of Ray's Midgers, and am eager to try one out. I tried using a notebook before, but I usually resort to making acquaintances with the team bookkeepers.

1 - Mini Ledger, shortened to "Midger".

  • Like 2
Posted

See, if you reduce the number of instances where you / we call "Time!":

  1. for brushing the plate
  2. for recovering baseballs that were out-of-play from coaches, bench players, fans (HBM's and SHBF's not included... take all the time you want)
  3. for F2 to step in front of the plate to signal approaching aircraft to land
  4. for the defense to get the ball back into the infield under the control of F1
  5. for a runner to get to his feet after diving back into a base on a futile pickoff attempt
  6. for an On-Deck hitter to finally realize they are on deck, and scurry from the dugout around behind you to get to the opposite OD circle, to the back of the hitter
  7. for an On-Deck hitter to get on the OD circle to the back of the hitter
  8. for an On-Deck hitter... any On-Deck hitter... to pick up that donut and put it back in the dugout.
  9. for crying out loud "Will someone get that bat?

... we would have a remarkable amount of un-harried time so as to make proper, succinct notes in our Midger1. I put in an order for several of Ray's Midgers, and am eager to try one out. I tried using a notebook before, but I usually resort to making acquaintances with the team bookkeepers.

1 - Mini Ledger, shortened to "Midger".

​Nicely stated.  I like this.

Posted

I have never understood the need to HURRY, not slow the game down, hold the game up, etc. mentality.

 

It takes as long as it takes and a good lineup card holder helps you with the process.  Wait until the first time you don't take the time to do it the proper way and it blows up on you.  You will wish you had taken the time it takes.

 

The bigger problem is the crappy lineup cards teams use with no room to write down the substitutes.  THAT is the real problem.

​I did not say I hurry, I am as thorough with this as any other part of the game.  It should however be quick and smooth.  The only thing I am asking, is why would this be considered the "proper way."  I know somebody has screwed up a lineup with a card holder.  I've seen it. 

And yes, I totally agree with you on the third point

 

×
×
  • Create New...