Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4590 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

G'day from Oz

 

Last Sept I snapped my ACL ( Baseball injury) and being over 40, it was not repaired, so I wear an  Donjoy ACL brace when I do the plate or base.  Not a problem, over the past 35 games.

 

Only result I have is the leg and the brace gets pretty sweaty, but is able to be  managed ok.

 

I'm replacing my Honig shin guards, and am wondering if anyone out there could suggest a cooler guard-    double knee, used over good plate shoes and 17" length for my 5'11" height.  Any suggestions??

  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

I have a pair of sz 15 +pos that are pretty light weight and cool...they are also wide/flat on the top cap so they could buckle around a knee brace pretty easily. Take a look at them on www.pluspos.com they are about 50.00 bucks plus shipping. I did alot of H.S. ball with them, but have Wilson Pro Platinums for college.

Posted

I have worn Gerry Davis DaviShins in 15 and 17.5 inch and original Davis shinguards. I like them because kneecap cover has no straps. Only two straps on the lower portion. I think that would work well over an ACL brace. I'm assuming you mean the big external fixation style like American football players, especially linemen wear?

Posted

Tks for all your input guys.  I'll go ahead and get a set of the Wilson Davi Skins this time ( about the same price from GD and Ump-attire) .


×
×
  • Create New...