Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4782 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

was u2 pointing, or was that his left hand of the 'safe' signal or 'that's nothing' .....

It's impossible to tell from the clip. He obviously wasn't pointing in order to rule OBS.

Posted

 

was u2 pointing, or was that his left hand of the 'safe' signal or 'that's nothing' .....

It's impossible to tell from the clip. He obviously wasn't pointing in order to rule OBS.

 

I just watched it again and saw it better this time .........it's a 'safe signal' for 'that's nothing' ........

Posted

No OBS. He's running to 3rd, and looking for the ball in CF, oblivious to where F6 is and never deviates from his path to 3rd or bumps F6. Not even a stutter-step.  

Posted

Yeah I see something...

 

What the heck is this thing?

 

2lu5453.jpg

That's the D-Backs' noisemaker for Fry's Friday Nights. Arizona has given away rattlers since 1998, that's the 2013 edition.

Posted

Who cares where the runner was looking.. that means squat...what you have to ask yourself.. Did the fielder impede the runner path?.. pretty simple.. if you think so. then it's OBS.. if not play on.

Posted

 

Yeah I see something...

 

What the heck is this thing?

 

2lu5453.jpg

That's the D-Backs' noisemaker for Fry's Friday Nights. Arizona has given away rattlers since 1998, that's the 2013 edition.

 

Oh yes, I have several..... They are awesome!!! 

Posted

Who cares where the runner was looking.. that means squat...what you have to ask yourself.. Did the fielder impede the runner path?.. pretty simple.. if you think so. then it's OBS.. if not play on.

My point was the runner  never even missed a stride. He didn't slow down or stutter step because he saw F4 in the way. He was looking into CF, unaware of where F4 even was, so  his run to 3rd was not altered by F4 at all.  I understand where he's looking is of no significance, but I think in this video it is a piece of evidence that verifies he wasn't impeded. 

  • Like 1
×
×
  • Create New...