A list of Equipment For Umpires That Went Down in Flames

jkumpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3890 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

"Dazzle Cloth" umpire shirts.............(for those that dont remember, imagine shiny disco clothes)

"Zipper Neck" umpire shirts..............( +POS supplied them for MiLB)

My Future prediction......

ZIGS.......

Zigs are, by far, the most comfortable shoes I've used. Doubt they're going away unless something even better comes along.

Sent via Tapatalk 4

+1.  I don't really care for the looks of the Zigs all that much, but they are extremely comfortable.  

Unless you have a wide foot.....

• Like 1

"Dazzle Cloth" umpire shirts.............(for those that dont remember, imagine shiny disco clothes)

ZIGS.......

Zigs are, by far, the most comfortable shoes I've used. Doubt they're going away unless something even better comes along.

Sent via Tapatalk 4

+1.  I don't really care for the looks of the Zigs all that much, but they are extremely comfortable.  

I usually buy a EE in a New Balance, and just going up 1/2 size was fine in the Zigs.

Anyone remember those awful "sage green" pants that came out right when MLB went from navy shirts to black. I remember Honigs sold them for awhile. Man those were awful.

I had forgotten those ugly things. Definitely fits the list

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

They were supposed to be paired with "dusty rose" shirts too...ah the 80s! (or was it 90s?)

It was late 90s or early 00s. Don't remember exactly.

Edit: An article from the Beaver County Times in March 2002 makes reference to the sage-green uniforms used by umpires. That means they were either being rolled out in 2002 or were in place in 2001.

Further edit: This video is 2002.

Spot-bilt plate shoes.  They were my first.  Only true wide ones you could find at the time.

Still have them and love them...

I'm with you.  Still wear them.  They're probably 15 years old. 

ZIGS.......

Sent via Tapatalk 4

I usually buy a EE in a New Balance, and just going up 1/2 size was fine in the Zigs.

Rich, I normally wear a 4-E.....

• Like 2

I wear a 13 EEEE, no way can I wear the popular shoes other than NB, not to mention I think Zigs are ugly. Probably comfortable for many, and most like the higher amount of white but I don't. Personal preference. 

You think they are ugly because you can't wear them.  :fuel:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Why would I want my mask to fall to the ground? Is this for real, or a gimmick?  I'll stick with Team Wendy, thank you very much.

Well, we are all taught to wear our mask loose so that it does fall off, right?  So what does this strap supposably do that helps it?

and, I don't think its a choice of either Team Wendy or a loose strap / davis strap but you can use both (and should at least for the loose strap)