Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4858 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well after taking a foul tip to the heart of my 9 year old Wilson charcoal and getting what felt like the worlds worst purple nurple. It's time to jump up. Reasonable suggestions?

Posted

Well after taking a foul tip to the heart of my 9 year old Wilson charcoal and getting what felt like the worlds worst purple nurple. It's time to jump up. Reasonable suggestions?

I've never been hurt by a foul tip.

  • Like 4
Posted

 

Well after taking a foul tip to the heart of my 9 year old Wilson charcoal and getting what felt like the worlds worst purple nurple. It's time to jump up. Reasonable suggestions?

I've never been hurt by a foul tip.

 

Potato, potato. Tomato, tomato. Foul tip, foul ball. Hell man, it bruised the poor guys nipple.

Posted

Well after taking a foul tip to the heart of my 9 year old Wilson charcoal and getting what felt like the worlds worst purple nurple. It's time to jump up. Reasonable suggestions?

I would say ice it. Your nipple might become stiff, but that will go away as you warm up. If you are going to purchase a new chest protector, I would highly recommend the Force 3 Unequal with the Delta Harness by All Star. I had purchased the All Star System Seven and it felt good when I tried it on, but when I strapped on the Force 3, there was no longer a decision to make. I sold the All Star for a loss, but man I love that Force 3. I honestly don't remember being hit by a baseball yet and I am probably fifty games into the season, not all on the plate.

Posted

 

Well after taking a foul tip to the heart of my 9 year old Wilson charcoal and getting what felt like the worlds worst purple nurple. It's time to jump up. Reasonable suggestions?

I would say ice it. Your nipple might become stiff, but that will go away as you warm up. If you are going to purchase a new chest protector, I would highly recommend the Force 3 Unequal with the Delta Harness by All Star. I had purchased the All Star System Seven and it felt good when I tried it on, but when I strapped on the Force 3, there was no longer a decision to make. I sold the All Star for a loss, but man I love that Force 3. I honestly don't remember being hit by a baseball yet and I am probably fifty games into the season, not all on the plate.

 

Oh, I have yet to have to adjust my chest protector yet during a game.

Posted

I have used a charcoal for at least four or five years with no problems. It does sound like worn out padding.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Posted

send your charcoal to be upgraded by TW.........or buy a platinum

Can't justify spending over a hundred dollars plus shipping to retro an 80 dollar cp. I think I'm going with a platinum and an eventual tw retro. Another question, does anyone know if the tw pads will fit a Wilson dyna lite frame?
Posted

 

send your charcoal to be upgraded by TW.........or buy a platinum

Can't justify spending over a hundred dollars plus shipping to retro an 80 dollar cp. I think I'm going with a platinum and an eventual tw retro. Another question, does anyone know if the tw pads will fit a Wilson dyna lite frame?

 

Wait, ... $80 CP that's 9 years old ....took less than 2 games to pay for.  $120 shipped for brand new TW padding for it.    But you want to pay $150 for a Platinum?

 

TW pads will fit any standard frame

Posted

The Platinum is better protection, especially at the collarbone. Couple that with the TW upgrade, and a DeltaFlex, and you have the best rig around.

Posted

and there happens top be a very lightly used plat for sale in the buy/trade category

×
×
  • Create New...