I'm thinking tomorrow's...

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2613 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

We got a stupid like 9"+ of lake effect this AM. Just did some shoveling, it's light, fluffy and dry at least. I don't have a game for 2 weeks at least.

Ugh, and we're supposed to get round 2. FML.

Edited by udbrky
**** snow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BobUmp said:

I'm thinking my scrimmage game on Saturday is also in jeopardy....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

We were supposed to have an on-field clinic Saturday, but I can't see it happening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mudisfun said:

I think I saw a cloud a few minutes ago. Thought about getting my jacket.

Pretty soon Warren is going to require a $20 cover and two drink minimum to visit this comedy club...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mudisfun said:

I have a 3:30 PM start time today in Santa Ana... should be roughly 77 at first pitch cooling down to  a chilly 75 around 5:30 PM.

I hope it rains...:angry:

• Like 1

I lost 3 this week, including my first NCAA game tomorrow. But hey.. the Good Book says God sends the rain[snow] on the wicked and the righteous... so who am I to complain! Just praying He melts it fast!!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stk004 said:

It is here! Rained out again :banghead:

I was out this weekend trying to find the anchors for the bases. Any dirt I moved was quickly replaced by water.

We use a set of old bases instead of plugs, since the field is behind a middle school and the plugs would disappear quickly. Sometime over the winter, the school janitor removed the bases, worried that they might be stolen. Actually got to find something with my metal detector. (Actually, it's the wife's, but that's another story)

But walking across the outfield felt like walking on a waterbed. Spring in the PacificNW can really suck. 

On 3/15/2017 at 11:09 AM, conbo61 said:

I hope it rains...:angry:

I wish it would have... first pitch turned out to be 86 and last pitch 82...  But there was a silver lining... 7 full innings, 1 nothing game, 1 hr 33 minutes.

2 hours ago, lawump said:

We're a 1/3rd of the way into our high school season.  Region (aka conference) play started this week.  :P

We're a 1/3rd of the way into our high school pre season. Still a foot+ snow on the ground and 20 degrees. :angry2:

• Like 1

LOL. Not a ball boy..That would be my daughter. Home from school on "Spring break". (insert  cruel joke here). I told her I pay for the car, you shovel it out. :D.  The 2 car driveway on the other side of the house is my job..That was plenty for me.