Team Wendy mask pads

tpatience

I heard this from another supplier also. We all figured it would be coming, but it hasn't happened - and now it's here. 

It just doesn't make sense for TW to keep making mask pads, there's not enough profit in umpires when they can make millions in military, law enforcement and fire department products.

• Like 3

Not my personal bag, but I know these are insanely popular with so many of you and for that...I'm taking a moment to reflect and pour one out for Team Wendy pads.

I'm glad to hear they are continuing on to support the military and first responder communities. I am also hopeful that someone will recognize that there is a need here that Team Wendy is no longer meeting and perhaps some new innovation may come about...

~Dawg

On 11/29/2023 at 9:01 AM, Umpiresrock74 said:

Hey, the nice thing is that there are companies like Wilson who have made more types of umpire mask pads for us to chose from.

Is this sarcasm? I think this is sarcasm... 

... at least I hope it's sarcasm. 

• Haha 3

On 11/29/2023 at 12:01 AM, tpatience said:

Apparently, Team Wendy will no longer be making their mask pads. 

Time Sensitive Deals from Umpire Focus.jpeg

Thanks for this. I didn't see this notification....Earlier in the week ,  I placed a sizeable order.  Had a pr of TW's in the cart, but took it out as it seemed a little overboard since mine are only one year in, and I have a spare. Well...three hours left on the sale, and with this new information, it looks like I'll be placing my second order of the week...Now the trick will be not to spend over $129 again to avoid shipping fee. 

10 hours ago, Richvee said:

Thanks for this. I didn't see this notification....Earlier in the week ,  I placed a sizeable order.  Had a pr of TW's in the cart, but took it out as it seemed a little overboard since mine are only one year in, and I have a spare. Well...three hours left on the sale, and with this new information, it looks like I'll be placing my second order of the week...Now the trick will be not to spend over $129 again to avoid shipping fee. 

Same, yesterday placed an order for 4 TW’s. The $129 is getting on my nerves!

• Haha 1

On 12/1/2023 at 10:57 AM, MadMax said:

Is this sarcasm? I think this is sarcasm... 

... at least I hope it's sarcasm. 

Mad Max, I am an umpire, there is no such thing as sarcasm. I’m sorry, I am hurt just as much. But we must move on, life is too short to worry about the past, we may never see tomorrow. Never guaranteed tomorrow. Umpire mask pads will come and go, sadly. Friends will come and go; the important thing is that we cherish the memories that we had with them. I remember when I got my first Team Wendy mask pads. One of the best days of my umpiring life! I remember when I asked my girlfriend if she would be my Girlfriend after umpiring one of my games, the pads on my mask when I asked her? Team Wendy Tan Mask pads!  I know, it hurts. Team Wendy has really hurt us, yes, I am hurt as well.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

I wonder if this is why Quinn Wolcott changed to the All Star MAG pads this year. 

Maybe, but it would make more sense if he changed to the ALL STAR PADS after they were discontinued. Anyway, they look great on him and congrats to him on his 1st WS!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Mad Max, I am an umpire, there is no such thing as sarcasm. I’m sorry, I am hurt just as much. But we must move on, life is too short to worry about the past, we may never see tomorrow. Never guaranteed tomorrow. Umpire mask pads will come and go, sadly. Friends will come and go; the important thing is that we cherish the memories that we had with them. I remember when I got my first Team Wendy mask pads. One of the best days of my umpiring life! I remember when I asked my girlfriend if she would be my Girlfriend after umpiring one of my games, the pads on my mask when I asked her? Team Wendy Tan Mask pads!  I know, it hurts. Team Wendy has really hurt us, yes, I am hurt as well.

This got me to audibly laugh out loud.

You'll do fine around these parts. Lol. Keep up the good work and can't wait to see the finished CP.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:00 AM, SeeingEyeDog said:

Not my personal bag, but I know these are insanely popular with so many of you and for that...I'm taking a moment to reflect and pour one out for Team Wendy pads.

I'm glad to hear they are continuing on to support the military and first responder communities. I am also hopeful that someone will recognize that there is a need here that Team Wendy is no longer meeting and perhaps some new innovation may come about...

~Dawg

Agreed that I am so glad they are continuing to care with military but sad about discontinuing ump pads, as is everyone. THANKS DAWG!!! 

• Like 1

Just I hope I can meet the approval of MadMax.

Max, I am sorry for my horribly offensive words. I get it. I understand your frustration. If I could make it up to you, if/when I get into MILB, or MLB I will be more than happy to send you tickets to my games. And that goes to everyone on here I ever have talked to. I want to make sure that I get everyone tickets that have helped me throughout my career. 

Thanks,

Mike 

Psalm 91:2

12 hours ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Just I hope I can meet the approval of MadMax.

Max, I am sorry for my horribly offensive words. I get it. I understand your frustration. If I could make it up to you, if/when I get into MILB, or MLB I will be more than happy to send you tickets to my games. And that goes to everyone on here I ever have talked to. I want to make sure that I get everyone tickets that have helped me throughout my career. 

Thanks,

Mike 

Psalm 91:2

I will probably be broke when I get to the mlb. Lol. Anyways, back to the sad news. So, what will everyone else be switching to, now that team Wendy has ended their mask pads?

1 hour ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

I will probably be broke when I get to the mlb. Lol. Anyways, back to the sad news. So, what will everyone else be switching to, now that team Wendy has ended their mask pads?

Seeing that Ump-Attire still has over 200 pairs of black TW's in stock, I'm guessing that no one will have to do anything for this year.   Maybe next year people will start having to make changes, but for now there is still a ton of these pads available at multiple retailers.

:2cents:

3 hours ago, Umpiresrock74 said:

Been very happy with my all-star mag pads. The split velcro at the chin is a little odd on my Nike Ti, but it sure works. I also do a lot of cold weather games and TW has often been very stiff as a result. That's why I made the move away. Still have them on my backup "Dynaluminum."