Sign in to follow this  
Rich Ives

Unusual Activity Check

1 hour ago, Biscuit said:

I only got it once. It had a recapatcha (v3 I believe), and once I clicked that, it hasn't come back.

What he said...

1 hour ago, Aging_Arbiter said:

I'm tellin' ya'..........it was Gremlins!

@Umpire in Chief, did you get the server wet or feed it after midnight? Maybe bright lights in the server room?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, LMSANS said:

What he said...

You guys are far more trusting than me!  I just closed out of it.  I got it several times and just closed my browser each time.  I’m not clicking anything on a strange pop up screen.

I tried it from different devices, browsers, and IP addresses and got it each time.  Maybe I’m paranoid, but it seemed like a hack-attack to me.

18 minutes ago, The Man in Blue said:

You guys are far more trusting than me!  I just closed out of it.  I got it several times and just closed my browser each time.  I’m not clicking anything on a strange pop up screen.

I tried it from different devices, browsers, and IP addresses and got it each time.  Maybe I’m paranoid, but it seemed like a hack-attack to me.

I had that thought too, but it looked legit once I examined it a bit. You're approach is probably the safest way to go however.

If your personal internet connection is DSL there's a good chance the web server's own protection algorithms "think" your activity is coming from multiple places at the same time.   DSL ISP addresses get blacklisted all the time...then unblacklisted.

Basically, the web server gives every connection a score based on many different factors (most of them proprietary and private)...if the score goes over a certain threshold some policies kick in  - like giving you a warning and making you Captcha.   

Then they "learn" and the trust scores go back below the threshold.

Also happens more often if you're using NordVPN or similar.

Can also happen after a security patch.

Same principal behind why emails you always receive suddenly go into Junk one day, then starts working again.   It's all automagic voodoo.

• Like 1