Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4080 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted

On AH's head height, was he reacting to F2 sliding toward the batter as the pitch was delivered? In other words, did AH perhaps move in and down since he was squeezed a bit? What was his head height throughout the game? Or, is AH using the "super slot"? As I understand it, the super slot has the head lower. You set up like you are squeezed on every pitch. But I might be wrong about that. I've only heard the super slot described in words. You super slot-er's out there please chime in @Majordave @Mr Ump 

Posted

I think I use what some call the super slot. My head height and my eye alignment on the edge of HP did not change. Basically eyes are near the top/inside corner of my KZ. The only difference is my slot foot is further up towards HP, which brings my head forward towards HP. But this also brings my head/eyes closer to the batter, making it more likely to get squeezed when the batter crowds the plate. If B crowds the plate, you have to adjust.

A1. Go lower...I don't like it. Either B is still blocking my view or F2 needs that space. I'm already in tight on F2. Getting tighter by going lower makes it harder to open the gate quickly if needed. 
A2. Move back and up. I don't like it. My point of reference is compromised. Getting the money pitch is harder and I don't want to miss the money pitch because B has squeezed me out.
A3. Lean/peak into the kill zone behind F2 to find F1 releasing the ball and slide back into place after pitch delivery. I don't like that either.With a good fast ball, you can't re-establish your head/eye location in time.

I pick the lesser of the evils. If A1 doesn't work A2 or A3... YMMV 


×
×
  • Create New...