Jersey Guys

th3
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3309 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

It's sickening looking at the long range forecast and not seeing a single day with a forecast hight in the 60's through April. Between the melt and the rain we'll be getting, I'll be happy if it's 3-27 @Newark Academy. If I get in any of the 6 scheduled before that , I'll be ecstatic. No turf games till mid April so that won't help either. 

I bet 3/13. Turf field after a week of 40+ temps, and a coach who has his sights set on Toms River.

Pope John? I could see him getting out the plows. 

You betcha

Just to throw fuel on the fire but the forecast for So Cal this week is highs in the upper 80's and even low 90's...

I wish it would cool down a bit and rain on our end of the map.

• Like 1

Just to throw fuel on the fire but the forecast for So Cal this week is highs in the upper 80's and even low 90's...

I wish it would cool down a bit and rain on our end of the map.

Don't even think about asking for water when your reservoirs dry up. 

• Like 1

It's sickening looking at the long range forecast and not seeing a single day with a forecast hight in the 60's through April. Between the melt and the rain we'll be getting, I'll be happy if it's 3-27 @Newark Academy. If I get in any of the 6 scheduled before that , I'll be ecstatic. No turf games till mid April so that won't help either. 

...And this is why I am not a betting man.

Notification from Arbiter today....

"Your game number #$%$# scheduled for 3-27 @ Newark Academy has been canceled. 

Pleasantly surprised with the amount of snow melt today. I'll change my guess to 3-20

As expected, my first scrimmage, scheduled for Friday 3/13 is cancelled.  It's funny, I drove by the field today and there was only a small amount snow on the deep outfield.  With forecast for warm weather and rain, I would have expected it to go away. Well, next one is scheduled for Monday, 3,16.

Had my first yesterday...a freshman game that went 7 innings and the visitors took a 10 run lead in the seventh.  Home team gave up 7 unearned runs in the first 2 innings, then got their act together.  I got to play fashion police with 3 kids with sunglasses on their hat.  Gotta love NJSIAA!