Unequal vs West Vest Gold

Mr Ump
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3298 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Having worn the WVG, System 7 and Force 3 I really have to dispute the statements that you don't feel the impact while wearing a WVG. You most certainly feel it. And if you get hit in the heart how would the chest protector stop your heart from going off line?

With the Gold I don't feel anything I just know it hit me because of the sound.

Since the retrofit I've taken 2 90+ shots to the chest. I thought my heart skipped a beat for a sec but there was no pain.

Having worn the WVG, System 7 and Force 3 I really have to dispute the statements that you don't feel the impact while wearing a WVG. You most certainly feel it. And if you get hit in the heart how would the chest protector stop your heart from going off line?

With the Gold I don't feel anything I just know it hit me because of the sound.

Since the retrofit I've taken 2 90+ shots to the chest. I thought my heart skipped a beat for a sec but there was no pain.

I'll rephrase it.  If you get hit by a 90 mph you feel it.  It isn't pain, but you feel it.  

• Like 1

The shin guards look kind of cool. I might have to give them a try at some point. The mask is just silly looking and I still don't trust the chest protector. My Douglas is low profile enough and is pretty light with plastic plates. I haven't worn the Unequal CP but I have picked it up. Seems heavy.
It weighs close to the same as a WV Gold that has been TW retrofitted.

As far as safety goes, I have been hit numerous times(took a foul tonight off a pitcher touching 90) you feel it in the chest. But it goes away instantly. But when I get hit in the shoulder, I don't feel a thing. Same with collarbone area.

Games worked 18

I only know the guy was hitting 90 because of the scouts at the game.

Anyone notice there are a lot of "90 mph" pitchers out there? I guessed a guy was at 85 last week...it was 78.

Games worked 18

I thought my heart skipped a beat for a sec but there was no pain.

Jax, are you saying the hit felt harder with the retro?

No. It just bounced off but it hit me right on the heart (yes I have one).

Felt my heartbeat stop for a sec.

• Like 1

So this statement takes @kylejt hypothesis/theory, of the plastic covered chest protector, down to the ground.

So this statement takes @kylejt hypothesis/theory, of the plastic covered chest protector, down to the ground.

Or that the TW retrofit compromises the protective abilities of a "stock" chest protector in favor of lighter weight/lower profile.

Or that no matter what chest protector I had on JT would done the same thing.

My new Unequal CP and Shins arrived yesterday...wouldn't you know it, there is a 100% chance of rain all day today and all day tomorrow.  Upon initial inspection and fitting...the CP feels as if it will protect as good as or better in some ways than my WV.  I took the "wings" off...not sure if I need those.  I love the adjustability..I've made a few tweaks to the position of the shoulder caps and the collarbone pad.  The "plates" that are under the skin of the CP are thinner than WV, but I'm certain that they will do their job combined with the Kevlar.  I also like the way the shins fit.  I won't know more until I get a few games on them, but so far I'm impressed.

• Like 3

Enjoy the ride BK. It's hard to believe how much of a difference there is between unequal gear and other brands of gear. I was very skeptical when I bought it. One game and I was sold.

I had the catchers delta-flex first because All-Star shipped wrong one. Got umpire one and both work. Umpire one is better as the straps are the neoprene stretch material too. Catcher DF straps are non-stretch web.

Question....I have an All Star harness on my WVG and of course I love it. Can one be attached to my UE? should I order 1.
order 2

I hate all you guys for making me buy more gear!!

Ordered the UE CP yesterday!!!

• Like 4

Question....I have an All Star harness on my WVG and of course I love it. Can one be attached to my UE? should I order 1.
order 2

I hate all you guys for making me buy more gear!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

You rock. You will love it.

Games worked 24

Did you give up on the WVG retro already Jax????????

:-(

NO!!!!!!

I love the retrofit!!!!

I just can't resist buying new stuff!!!!!

• Like 2

Ok so maybe the UE CP looks cool, feels cool.. but when you get hit, it's going to hurt... I have a hard shell plastic Cp.. i got hit last weekend.. maybe 92mph.. nothing i feel it cause well it hit me, but it did not hurt...

Think about your life and protection versus looking cool.. would you wear shin guards that were not hard plastic?  I bet not, so why different for the equipment that is over your heart ( hello) and ribs?

• Like 3

Ok so maybe the UE CP looks cool, feels cool.. but when you get hit, it's going to hurt... I have a hard shell plastic Cp.. i got hit last weekend.. maybe 92mph.. nothing i feel it cause well it hit me, but it did not hurt...

Think about your life and protection versus looking cool.. would you wear shin guards that were not hard plastic?  I bet not, so why different for the equipment that is over your heart ( hello) and ribs?

What do the police officers say who wear Kevlar to protect their heart from bullets?