New Mask by Wilson

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3300 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2354dd81-73ee-42d7-a4a8-32ffc968fea6.jpg   NEW Wilson Aluminum Dyna-Lite Mask

The "weight" is over! Get it here first!

As seen at Major League stadiums, get the professional quality and protection you need, at a price you want!

fecf6518-a159-4d1c-9400-2828049a2288.png

Save $10 

Exclusive Introductory Offer

For our loyal customers only, purchase the highly anticipated

Wilson Aluminum Dyna-Lite Mask for $99.99! (retails for $109.99)  

Use code DYNA9999 for your loyalty discount. 

Don't "weight"! Offer expires 8/31/14. 

Buy Now!

2218c2cb-7b84-43cc-8c56-240b564a0621.jpgc401e1ae-c1a4-4945-b343-03f21a7210f1.jpg

©2014 Ump-Attire.com

Ump-Attire.com | Contact Us | 877.243.1421

C

Those aren't even the 5-point Wilson Wrap-around pads, which are (relatively) heavier than their standard pads. I'd be extremely curious to see what the weight is if TW's are used instead.

:sarcasm: Maybe it's the big gold "W" on the chin pad anchor that adds all that weight. Hmmmm...

And for a brand-new "signature" mask, Wilson just will not let go of / improve that geometry. Granted, being the "Official MLB supplier" has its perks, but I'd think they would incorporate an extended crown guard – ala Diamond or Champro or +POS – if they're rolling out a brand-new mask.

Those aren't even the 5-point Wilson Wrap-around pads, which are (relatively) heavier than their standard pads. I'd be extremely curious to see what the weight is if TW's are used instead.

:sarcasm: Maybe it's the big gold "W" on the chin pad anchor that adds all that weight. Hmmmm...

And for a brand-new "signature" mask, Wilson just will not let go of / improve that geometry. Granted, being the "Official MLB supplier" has its perks, but I'd think they would incorporate an extended crown guard – ala Diamond or Champro or +POS – if they're rolling out a brand-new mask.

Nope ....re-design means $$$$$$$$$$$$

25 ounces is very heavy...lightweight mask today is 18-19.5 ounces and super lightweight mask like the champro and diamond are 15.5 to 17.5 ounces. Wilson is behind todays technology..like their heavy chest protectors that fit 5-9 and shorter umps. mind u they are excellent chest protectors but they are heavy at 3.5 pounds for 12 inch cp. but for umpires 5-11ft plus they don't protect ur ribs

• Like 1

Mine will be here tomorrow...

Couple of things, this mask pictured is NOT the one the MLB guys are wearing.  The ear guards are much more rounded than all other Wilson masks.  Also, i don't believe for a minute that it is 25 oz or more.  Will weigh it when I get it and report out any findings.  

@acpar72 - Please do. If I could also request you to weigh it as the complete unit (with pads) and then as just the bare frame (no pads).

I have a hunch that the pads have a lot to do with the weight of these masks. Diamond masks are incredibly light, typically because they not only are using lightweight steel / aluminum frames, but the pads are _paper_-thin woeful.

• Like 1

I have had this mask since last Thursday. It is very light, seems lighter than advertised. I think it probably has a lot to do with the pads, which are great. The pads are very similar in design to TW but are a nicer fabric on the outside and noticeably softer than TW pads. I have the Wilson Ti with TW pads as well, holding these two masks I would have to say that the Aluminum one seems lighter.

• Like 2

You need to be able to improve on a Champro magnesium, with TW pads. Retail : $140.

This might be good, but it's not better.

What we need is a really light version of that spring loaded Force3 contraption. On paper it probably works really well at protecting what's left of my grey matter. But it's like hanging a brick on the brim of my hat (and neck).

But we are moving in the right direction. But someone smarter than us needs to think outside the box (or cage) for our protection.

Wrong, the price of the steel version is $149.99  and they have a code for an additional $13 off with the code TICH13 until the end of the month of August.  That makes it $136.99 for the mask.  In this case, if I need a mask,  I rather pay a little bit more to a small business than to less to a big corporation.

I've seen them for $89

89 in Cuban pesos?  Which one of the two you saw it? Where you saw it?  And proof of that you saw it.  Other written word before that is pure speculation on your part.

you guys are on different pages me thinks :P

Wrong, the price of the steel version is $149.99  and they have a code for an additional $13 off with the code TICH13 until the end of the month of August.  That makes it $136.99 for the mask.  In this case, if I need a mask,  I rather pay a little bit more to a small business than to less to a big corporation.

It's a good mask, as well.

@gnhbua93 — Which mask are you referring to at the $149 w/ discount code price point? You made a comment regarding the purported weight of the Wilson mask spurring you to rather wear the Force3 Defender (which I have, more on that some other time).

Then Rolo chimed in that the Force3 is twice the price (which it is). Then you replied with your comment... Then Rolo posts a link to the Nike Retail Steel mask...

So I think there's a disconnect.

I'm trying to clean this up because I'm following this thread for mask insights.

• Like 1

The Force3 steel mask is $149.99.  With the code "TICH13" you get $13 off the price making it 136.99 until the end of August.  The one that could be double the price of a regular steel mask will be the Titanium version of the Force3 mask but it will not be double the price of another titanium mask .  Hope this clear the air a little bit.

I just checked weight on the NEW Wison Dyna-Lite aluminum mask on a digital scale: 1.33 with pads.  The Wilson Titanium weighs in at 1.72 with pads.  The pads make up the difference in the weight.  Some masks are advertised as a certain weight, but what they do not state that it is the frame weight only.  This new Wilson mask is comfortable to wear and with their memory pads should be a popular mask.  Just my 2cents.