Jump to content
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4888 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Recommended Posts

Posted

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=27107211&topic_id=&c_id=mlb&tcid=vpp_copy_27107211&v=3

 

  • Like 3
Posted

Sorry.

Nope.

Bet the vets in the stadum did not think so.

 

Sorry, old vet here.

 

 

Vets dislike Metallica ? Sorry I am just old.

Posted

Lame. Better than Roseann, at least.

Posted

I can see the generation below me would get a kick out of this.

I think the national anthem should be sung/performed in a traditional way.

I am an old vet and clearly in the minority.

This is America, choice and freedom is what we defend with our lives.

Rock-on!

  • Like 3
Posted

I can see the generation below me would get a kick out of this.

I think the national anthem should be sung/performed in a traditional way.

I am an old vet and clearly in the minority.

This is America, choice and freedom is what we defend with our lives.

Rock-on!

 

 

 I didn't watch the video, so it didn't occur to me that they were playing The Star Spangled Banner......

Posted

Two perfectly harmonized instruments playing a multi-octave musical piece,....boring?

 

To be honest, .... I'm not sure how someone (even a Vet, old school guy) can look down on that, ....I don't think those guys did anything out of the norm for the Star Spangled Banner,....it was performed as it was arranged, and they didn't deviate at all really ....

 

Not a Metallica fan, ....but ....I thought that wasn't bad at all ....

  • Like 2
Posted

Two perfectly harmonized instruments playing a multi-octave musical piece,....boring?

 

To be honest, .... I'm not sure how someone (even a Vet, old school guy) can look down on that, ....I don't think those guys did anything out of the norm for the Star Spangled Banner,....it was performed as it was arranged, and they didn't deviate at all really ....

 

Not a Metallica fan, ....but ....I thought that wasn't bad at all ....

Rock on!

Posted

I thought it was good. Not Great but good. Did didn't over do it like some of them tend to do.

Posted

Two perfectly harmonized instruments playing a multi-octave musical piece,....boring?

 

To be honest, .... I'm not sure how someone (even a Vet, old school guy) can look down on that, ....I don't think those guys did anything out of the norm for the Star Spangled Banner,....it was performed as it was arranged, and they didn't deviate at all really ....

 

Not a Metallica fan, ....but ....I thought that wasn't bad at all ....

I'm a Metallica fan, but this is more what I was getting at. I've been playing guitar for years and these are two of the best and to hear them play something like this so well made me think that it was cool. Not trying to disrespect the flag in anyway. It's a nice change from the norm of over embellishing pop singers taking two hours to sing a 2 minute verse and ruining the Anthem along the way.

 

Thank you guys for your service!

  • Like 1
Posted

They fought, bled, and died for the freedom I enjoy to say it was a beautiful thing, or that I thought it sucked.

 

Thank you for that, and much more then and now.

 

Being a HUGE Metallica fan, and someone that couldn't play Guitar Hero to save his life, that video just rocked, and it's on a diamond which makes it that much better.

 

At the same time I would love to hear Johnny Cash, Buddy Holly, and maybe even Patsy Cline do the anthem, just sayin.......

  • Like 1
Posted

I can see the generation below me would get a kick out of this.

I think the national anthem should be sung/performed in a traditional way.

I am an old vet and clearly in the minority.

This is America, choice and freedom is what we defend with our lives.

Rock-on!

 

Semper Fi! @BigUmpire

Posted

I can see the generation below me would get a kick out of this.

I think the national anthem should be sung/performed in a traditional way.

I am an old vet and clearly in the minority.

This is America, choice and freedom is what we defend with our lives.

Rock-on!

 Semper Fi! @BigUmpire Roger that.
×
×
  • Create New...