Jump to content

Pete Peterson Sr

Established Member
  • Posts

    1,078
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12

Everything posted by Pete Peterson Sr

  1. Just because you don't care for the topic, doesn't make it nonsense. If the thread title turns you off, why don't you just mark it as read, and move on to another ?
  2. This year, the State began mixing crews in the playoffs. Two from one association, and one from another, generally from the same district. One of our crew chiefs reported that the "odd man out", a younger umpire, showed up with a belt very similar to that, and declined a replacement from one of his crewmates. SMDH...
  3. As Tim Wilson said "You've been married nine times, maybe it's you..."
  4. I showed up for a JuCo game a few years back, with the default Black and Cream shirts. My partner showed up with Navy and Powder Blue. That went over like a turd in a punchbowl, especially with the a-hole coach we had.
  5. The skate videos I've made, I wouldn't dream of using rap. Techno/dubstep works so much better...and I wouldn't use rock or pop (or any mainstream music) in most circumstances simply because I can't stand most of it. How about something blues_Z... ">
  6. Please learn the appropriate use of the sarcasm font. That is all.
  7. Music is an art no matter who creates it and no music should be considered inferior because of genre or artist. Don't slam it. I disagree. Not all music is "art". Creative, yes. Art, no.
  8. This is rapidly becoming the most over-used, worthless term in the world. We aren't cavemen who hunt animals with flint-tipped spears. Things change. We evolve. That doesn't mean that there is some major conspiracy to turn all American males into p*ussies who wear skirts. And the biggest motivator behind this action is likely money. Cash. As in the stuff that MLB owners do not want to have to pay to players, as the NFL has had to do, because they (the owners) ignored data that likely could have helped prevent brain injuries to some players. I guess you think Dave Duerson was a wuss, too ? The man killed himself, likely because of the addled state of his brain, from repeated head blows. Think about he and Mike Webster before you go saying that we are "wussifying" this country. And while you're at it, look this up: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy. Let me know if you'd like your son to develop this from a "sport".
  9. Thank you, BT, but I'm pretty sure they're closed, and my OCD wanted to know !
  10. I have looked, but have not found an answer to this question: Does anyone know it TW CP pads are machine washable ? I wash my Wendy's mask pads, and I pull the pads out of my black WV shins and wash them (on gentle). I'd like to wash my CP pad, too, if I could.
  11. Let me know when B1G teams come down South in September.... That weather excuse is complete BS.
  12. It's free, IF you are a member of NFHS. As I live in a "partial" state, I do not get that privilege. And this is only necessary because not all coaches can be trusted to act in the best interest of his or her players.
  13. Thanks for ruining my night.
  14. I have had one verified concussion acquired through umpiring, and it would have mattered not what type of facial protection I had ( I was wearing a traditional mask). I had a batter lose control of a bat, and the head of the bat hit me square in the chest. The handle then tomohawked me across my mask. Dr visit, CAT scan/MRI, and two visits to a neurologist. Six weeks off the field. He wouldn't even allow me to work the bases, because he said my brain did not need to be bounced around anymore at all. That was a horrible time, and I hope none of you ever have to go through it.
  15. Did you ask him for details? "Felony drug possession" could mean anything. In Alabama, for example, it could mean two convictions for the possession of marijuana. As an assigner, I'd be inclined to give an "offender" like that a second chance. I didn't need to "ask for details", as I was already quite familiar with his case. A conviction for possession of Schedule 2/4 Controlled Substances (Oxycodone and Xanax without a prescription for either) will prevent you from working HS baseball in this state. In Alabama, we kinda like to keep drug users away from children. That's just how we roll...
  16. Blew the call ? Maybe, but maybe not.If you did, trust me, it won't be your last, no matter how good you are. But even the fact that you yourself KNOW you screwed the pooch on a call does not give a coach license to show his ass. No missed call is worthy of a coach using profanities toward you, and certainly not worthy of laying a finger on you. Chew on you a bit ? Sure, as long as it is in a controlled manner, and doesn't get personal. Every veteran on this board has stories about coaches coming out to chew on them after an allegedly missed call. That will happen. Things such as what you have told us, should never happen. Good job on the ejection, but keep your focus on managing the game, which also means managing yourself. Never say anything to a coach that would raise your ire, if said to you. You are young, and experience will make subsequent situations easier. Keep your head up, and umpire on..
  17. Roll Tide, indeed !
  18. OBR, NFHS rules. That is all...
  19. My state has no background check for HS officials, although there has been talk of them being implemented. I am all for it. An official who works for me in the summer was convicted of felony drug possession. He inquired as to whether he could join our HS association. I flatly told him "no".
  20. Famous ? Have you ever listened to the toothless hillbillies that call that show ? Jocko excepted, of course.... He doesn't love FSU. He has a raving, drooling, man-crush on their QB....
  21. Somebody smack Jocko........He's skipping again. I would love to!!!! I believe this kind of request would require us to line up in turn like in the movie "Airplane!" "And don't call me Shirley"
  22. Anytime my wife decides to buy me any gear/uniform/accessory, she does the smart thing. She talks to Pete Jr, and he steers her in the right direction. Normally to ump-attire, and he decides what I get, lol...
  23. WOW ! $79.50 ? Contains: 57% Copper-Nylon, 29% Nylon, 14% Spandex.... How would you wash those ?
  24. Over 18 months...We may have a new record, here, folks !
  25. I have put in a call. Hope to be able to give you an opinion soon.
×
×
  • Create New...